E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just installed my Sub and Amp

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i As loaded as it can come...hud, cw package, f/r heated seats, 20 inch oem style 32 (deep dish),conv package, etc. etc..... Mods: smoked side markers, black painted calipers Coming soon:angel eyes, smoked tails, tint, rear tvs, ipod

Ok..
I'm sure this is an old topic but I wanted to post this for anybody who wants to put aftermarket subs in your car. It is by far the easiest install I ever done. I thought I'd might share my knowledge to the curious so here it goes...

First you remove the wheel trunk panels and trim etc..(i'm assuming everybody knows how to do this)
then I removed that useless plastic holder of some sort..Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0079.jpg
then I tested my amp to see if it would fit..
I'm using a cheap amp and sub from walmart which works for me because I just want to add some more bass not go deaf..
Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0078.jpg

Next I checked and mapped out how I would power the amp...
Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0080.jpg

I then unhooked the plug on the logic7 amp to prepare for splicing.. (you only splice into four wires
+ Left = Brown/Yellow; - Left = Red/White
+ Right = Brown/White; - Right = Red/Blue
Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0089.jpgJust installed my Sub and Amp-imag0081.jpg
You can either get a rca hi/lo converter or use the hi inputs on your amp if so equipped. I used the hi inputs from my amp..

next I spliced into the green/white wire for the remote turn on and ofcourse hooked up the power wire directly to the battery.
I grounded the amp right on the side beside the amp.Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0083.jpgJust installed my Sub and Amp-imag0084.jpg
I ran all wires underneath the skirt material and plastic pieces around the tire..
(sorry for not taking more pics..)

In addition I added a kill switch that is in between the remote wire and the amp..this way when i ride my family around i don't have all that bump in the car..
Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0088.jpg[attachment=163698:IMAG0089.jpg]Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0090.jpg
I ran speaker wire behind panel and pulled out at back of trunk...then I put in my little sub and put all panels back..clean install no wires..and enough
bass for me...
Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0087.jpgJust installed my Sub and Amp-imag0086.jpgJust installed my Sub and Amp-imag0085.jpg
Adjust your settings on amp if needed and enjoy...
Hope this helps someone.....

Just installed my Sub and Amp-imag0054.jpg
This is an old pic of my car..I have done several exterior mods but will not post until I'm done..
Old 11-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i got my amps mounted ontop of the spare tire cover. which makes it imposible to route power ground without seeing the wires. 4g. where did u run the power wire for the amp so u dont see it
Old 11-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i As loaded as it can come...hud, cw package, f/r heated seats, 20 inch oem style 32 (deep dish),conv package, etc. etc..... Mods: smoked side markers, black painted calipers Coming soon:angel eyes, smoked tails, tint, rear tvs, ipod

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
i got my amps mounted ontop of the spare tire cover. which makes it imposible to route power ground without seeing the wires. 4g. where did u run the power wire for the amp so u dont see it
Once you get the panels off and the spare tire cover off the black plastic can pop up enough for you to pull the wires through..
Just installed my Sub and Amp-1322532226-picsay.jpg
Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 AM
jgt
Contributors

My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

How are you keeping the sub from sliding around?
Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jgt
i'm not..it doesn't move at all if it does it's very little..for peace of mind you can use a few pieces of velcro..
Old 11-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Looks good!

I have a similar install in my car, but my subwoofer is directed into a cabin through the hole in a backseat. I ran the power wire under the plastic cover which covers the trunk lock area in the back part of the trunk.

- Antti -
Old 11-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jgt

haha stop taking corners at .9 G's

i have a 12" in my trunk and i have to say well done to BMW on the firewall - the only sound i get from it in my cabin really is because the whole car is vibrating.

i keep toying with the idea of pulling the carpet back - drilling a few 2" hoeles and gluing the carpet back in place but man.... thinking about drilling or cutting anything in this car almost makes me tear up
Old 11-29-2011, 11:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Cutting a hole into the backplate of the rear seat is no a big deal, actually.

Here's what I did. Subwoofer install and stuff begins from #112.

- Antti -
Old 11-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Senior Members

Its very eaay to cut that qhole you should try it. It makes a big diffrence in sound
Old 11-29-2011, 03:19 PM
Senior Members

Its very easy to cut that hole you should try it. It makes a big diffrence in sound

Quick Reply: Just installed my Sub and Amp