E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Just got the ACS lip put on my e60

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2014, 09:24 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i. Weisslicht angel eye bulbs and side marker lenses. Magnaflow exhaust, Black and silver carbon fiber emblems, aluminum race pedals, sport mode modification, LED interior bulbs, bumper reflector

Originally Posted by DR545
^^^ What he said! If you're lucky maybe the owner will read it and try to work something out with you, if you agree to amend the comments or retract it altogether. It's rare but i've seen that happen. It's worth a shot! Look at it this way, this is the cheapest way of "potentially" getting it corrected, if this doesn't work then you can spend money fixing the problem.
its called "around back kustoms". I've definitely been showing people the horrible job they did. but to be honest, I'm just gonna take my time and find someone i can actually trust. I'm done with dealing with this mess
Old 10-05-2014, 09:35 PM
New Members

My Ride: 2005 525i. Weisslicht angel eye bulbs and side marker lenses. Magnaflow exhaust, Black and silver carbon fiber emblems, aluminum race pedals, sport mode modification, LED interior bulbs, bumper reflector

Originally Posted by jinsta
Cheers for that, will have little look in a bit. Dont have any UK sellers with them on bay so will prob have to import over from your side of the pond. Not sure if common on your side, but you hardly see any here so be kinda nice. Looks effing tasty on 528canyonrot's

Got any more snaps of it and did they do your skirts the wrong colour too?
Yeah man, you'll definitely love it!! heres a more recent pic of it. you can barely tell the difference when you're right there in person. no one has noticed it until i told em about it.

funny thing is, I've always been confused by the paint color on my skirts. they're just stock, but the color just looks different in the pic for some reason

the second pic is a bit grainy, but thats basically how it looks like at night
Attached Thumbnails Just got the ACS lip put on my e60-10723346_10202908917155003_1413582736_n.jpg   Just got the ACS lip put on my e60-10723331_10202908919075051_506976864_n.jpg  

Last edited by chaudhrysn; 10-05-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:22 AM
New Members

So I got tired of staring at the horribly unmatched bumper, and decided to just try and plasti dip it to matte black. Considering that it only cost me like 10 bucks vs going back and getting it redone for 200-300, I'm happy with this temporary fix. It doesn't look horrible like before, but also not the best. But I think its decent. Thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails Just got the ACS lip put on my e60-pre-bumper.jpg   Just got the ACS lip put on my e60-post-bumper-1.jpg   Just got the ACS lip put on my e60-post-bumper-2.jpg  
Old 10-12-2014, 02:11 PM
New Members

My Ride: BMW

Go back buddy ... They should redo you lip for free ... You paid them already.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:16 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by SoullesS
Go back buddy ... They should redo you lip for free ... You paid them already.
Already tried. He refused and his attitude was along the lines of, fuck off and don't come back here.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

wow 300 is a total rip off. for that quality of work might as well taken i to macco and gotten it painted for like 80 bucks. rattle can would have gotten you the same results.

take it back, pop off the windsheild washer cover (those little lovers under the headlight) and leave it to them as a sample to match that paint. i have gotten paint ordered by just the paint number on my 2004 and match perfect.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by chaudhrysn
Already tried. He refused and his attitude was along the lines of, fuck off and don't come back here.
Sounds like you need to do some yelp reviews. One of the local FB bmw group someone had their lip damaged by a local shop who said they won't fix the problem. They kept that stance until they had a bunch of negative reviews which made them call the guy to fix the lip.
Old 10-12-2014, 04:05 PM
New Members

I'm thinking of just doing a matte black dip on the entire car. I've been thinking of doing it, and I mean I guess now would be the perfect time. It's gonna end up being 400 bucks, but at least it'll be a paint that I like.

But idk. I'm gonna look around and get quotes for the lip and see what people say.
Old 10-13-2014, 05:29 AM
New Members

My Ride: 2006 530xi w m5 tech kit, 2007 Mercedes e63 AMG, 2005 ford expedition

U need to let them know that u are not going away. But I'm Thinking that ure dealing with a small shop that gives 2 shits about costumer satisfaction. So ure kind of in a pickle if that's the case. Unless ure willing to let it get ugly. And really it's not worth it. . I also can see this is driving u nuts. It would drive me nuts. Lol Especially being undecided on whst to do with it. But plasti dip is not the answer my friend
Old 10-13-2014, 01:31 PM
New Members

Originally Posted by Bigjule111
U need to let them know that u are not going away. But I'm Thinking that ure dealing with a small shop that gives 2 shits about costumer satisfaction. So ure kind of in a pickle if that's the case. Unless ure willing to let it get ugly. And really it's not worth it. . I also can see this is driving u nuts. It would drive me nuts. Lol Especially being undecided on whst to do with it. But plasti dip is not the answer my friend
Yeah I live in a small town and I'd rather not deal with the fall out since my parents own some businesses in town. It's just ridiculous. Does anyone have an idea of how much a quart of bmw paint normally costs? Like a rough estimate. The people where I got it done said it cost them 80 bucks for a quart.

Last edited by chaudhrysn; 10-14-2014 at 11:32 AM.

Quick Reply: Just got the ACS lip put on my e60