E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Jlevi SW | Full Factory Tour of aFe - See How It's Made w/ Photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 02:15 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by pjinca' post='953403' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:59 PM
Now the question becomes what's the better show to watch:
1) What happen when RPI and AFE go head-to-head?

2) What happens to guy when Tony finds out who EuroCarHam is?

My $$$ is on #2 - better show
My money is on #2 too.

I actually already know. I'm just waiting for the right moment for payback.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOL. The only thing that silence from Jlevi and aFe proves is that we have multimillion dollar businesses to run, and customers who deserve our full attention. I'm glad other people have time to street race and bash on the forums... I don't. The thought that you challenged a reputable manufacturer of aFe's size to a "street race" or "challenge" just gives me the chuckles. What self-respecting business would agree to that? Again, comparing products is a no-no. *Rolls up newspaper and goes looking for someone at RPI* Learn to sell your products based on their own merits. I can't emphasize that enough.

The suggestion that Jlevi doesn't know how to modify cars... eh. I have trophies and magazine articles to prove otherwise.

Regardless, I'm willing to concede that maybe RPI's design for the E60 is better. After all, to err is human. However, I still think it's ludicrous to suggest that the intake loses power, and I intend to find proof to the contrary.

Until then, however, I'm tabling this discussion. I had no intent of calling out competitors, and I have no intent of dealing with diatribe here.

As for this thread hurting our business... I think we'll be OK. We are honest, hardworking people who serve thousands of satisfied BMW enthusiasts every year. We'll get by, even if many of you don't agree with our choice to support aFe.

Thanks all
JL
Old 07-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by TEAM M' post='953412' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:05 PM
Like Jlevi said they supply Toyota with there filter. Toyota doesn't use top quality products in there car like BMW.
TRD is NOT Toyota. Toyota's airfilters are NOT made by AFE.

When you test an intake system, you need to datalog what the DME is seeing. The reason Jlevi thinks we didnt test the intake right is because we didnt run the AFE intake with the hood open and we didnt allow "time to adjust" which is nonsense. If you change the hardware of something, the learning curve is only a few dyno pulls, not 50-100 miles. Chad's M5 has had the AFE intakes for MONTHS and was not able to pull on a stock M5. His car was the one posted in my nuetered M5 thread. We put the stock intake back on, took the rad exhaust off, bolt a few of our parts and gained 89whp.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

OK! I was NOT going to post...but this is ridiculous! I had to post from MY personal experience. Here is the story:

My cousins E92 335i w/ AFE HAI, AFE Scoops, AFE throttle body spacer we let the ECU "adapt" for 1000 miles, AND JB2 VS ME E90 Automatic BONE STOCK (a Loaner)!

We ran over TEN times! I won 10 out of 10 times, that should mean something. YANKED out the AFE HAI, AFE scoops, and AFE throttle body spacer, but kept the JB2 in and ran again....guess what happened? He KILLED me! So I know and GUARANTEE that the AFE does/will lose horsepower.

As for the E60's...I sold A TON of HAI's and guess what I had to do....REFUND most people because AFE's claim to make HP were inaccurate.

Here's a picture and a proposal...forget all the dyno testing or what not....lets take this to MEXICO!

I have TWO BRAND new AFE intakes for a 2004-2005 525/530 and a 335i AFE intake. I will personally put one in and put a RPI scoop on another car and video record the whole thing. We'll even make sure the ECU "adapts"

I mean...when I was dealing with AFE I was 20 miles away and I went there A LOT. They do have a HUGE warehouse/factory...but that doesn't mean they make intakes that make power.
Old 07-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='953452' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:39 PM
LOL. The only thing that silence from Jlevi and aFe proves is that we have multimillion dollar businesses to run, and customers who deserve our full attention. I'm glad other people have time to street race and bash on the forums... I don't. The thought that you challenged a reputable manufacturer of aFe's size to a "street race" or "challenge" just gives me the chuckles. What self-respecting business would agree to that? Again, comparing products is a no-no. *Rolls up newspaper and goes looking for someone at RPI* Learn to sell your products based on their own merits. I can't emphasize that enough.

The suggestion that Jlevi doesn't know how to modify cars... eh. I have trophies and magazine articles to prove otherwise.

Regardless, I'm willing to concede that maybe RPI's design for the E60 is better. After all, to err is human. However, I still think it's ludicrous to suggest that the intake loses power, and I intend to find proof to the contrary.

Until then, however, I'm tabling this discussion. I had no intent of calling out competitors, and I have no intent of dealing with diatribe here.

As for this thread hurting our business... I think we'll be OK. We are honest, hardworking people who serve thousands of satisfied BMW enthusiasts every year. We'll get by, even if many of you don't agree with our choice to support aFe.

Thanks all
JL
So according to you, the size of a company automatically = good product? Also your comments on this thread already shows you know nothing about tuning cars. We arent talking about show cars here as everyone knows a induction intake system looks better than a factory air box. Again, you did no research because it was AFE that issued the initial challenge to us. Yeah, you may be honest, but you just dont know the truth. The fact that you dont think an induction intake can cause a loss in power says it all. Oh and the fact that you dont think hot or cold air matters in an intake system. DOH! Its also funny how you continue to avoid questions asked of you or AFE. How does an AFE intake system make power? You should know the product you're selling/supporting correct?
Old 07-24-2009, 03:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='953452' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:39 PM
However, I still think it's ludicrous to suggest that the intake loses power, and I intend to find proof to the contrary.
Please do so because as far as we are concerned, the AFE intake does nothing but LOSE POWER.
Dynos have been shown to prove you otherwise.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by delje08' post='953386' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:49 PM
I still have my AFE on just because i havent picked up my stock airbox yet at Sonic. Ill do a test run.
Lets all be friends and run both setups....AFE intake WITH RPI scoops
Old 07-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmdub' post='953481' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:03 PM
you can try it but you will lose power due to the open air intakes.
I personally refuse to put anything on my vehicle if it results in a loss of power
Old 07-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport' post='953472' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:52 PM
OK! I was NOT going to post...but this is ridiculous! I had to post from MY personal experience. Here is the story:

My cousins E92 335i w/ AFE HAI, AFE Scoops, AFE throttle body spacer we let the ECU "adapt" for 1000 miles, AND JB2 VS ME E90 Automatic BONE STOCK (a Loaner)!

We ran over TEN times! I won 10 out of 10 times, that should mean something. YANKED out the AFE HAI, AFE scoops, and AFE throttle body spacer, but kept the JB2 in and ran again....guess what happened? He KILLED me! So I know and GUARANTEE that the AFE does/will lose horsepower.

As for the E60's...I sold A TON of HAI's and guess what I had to do....REFUND most people because AFE's claim to make HP were inaccurate.

Here's a picture and a proposal...forget all the dyno testing or what not....lets take this to MEXICO!

I have TWO BRAND new AFE intakes for a 2004-2005 525/530 and a 335i AFE intake. I will personally put one in and put a RPI scoop on another car and video record the whole thing. We'll even make sure the ECU "adapts"

I mean...when I was dealing with AFE I was 20 miles away and I went there A LOT. They do have a HUGE warehouse/factory...but that doesn't mean they make intakes that make power.
Joe, its pointless. When someone doesnt understand something, they just dont understand. Nothing you say matters. Its like when I tuned a guys car and I told him his body kit was limiting the amount of timing and boost I could run. You can show all the proof in the world, but in the end, people are gonna believe what they want or what they are capable of believe.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bmdub' post='953481' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:03 PM
You cant. Thats like me lighting you on fire then turning the fan on and pointing it at you. The scoop will push air into that general area only without the factory box. The induction filters will suck in air from all angles. I guess its better than nothing though, otherwise AFE wouldnt have copied our scoop idea. lol. Multi million dollar company ftw.

Quick Reply: Jlevi SW | Full Factory Tour of aFe - See How It's Made w/ Photos