E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ipod kit now avail. for my 05 525 w/out nav.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

OK had to drop off my car tue. for service and I was told when they called me back to tell me they needed one more day w/my car that the ipod kit is now avail. for my 05 (if u remember I reported last month that they told me my 05 was a few months to old for it to work) but now I'm thinking I got my 6 disk cd changer a little over a year ago and if I want the ipod kit they will have to remove it, that just seems to be a waste (also the kit is around $300 plus $100 for install, and I forgot if he said I would also have to pay for some parts) usualy a I get coupons via email from Peabody BMW for discounts off accessorys so I asked next time I receive one can I apply it twords the kit and I was told yes, so I told him I would wait till then. Has anyone gotten the kit or heard how people like it? Any problems? Just seems pretty expensive I can just keep making CD's w/20 songs on it (X6 for changer and X1 for the reg. cd player) ..
Old 11-01-2006, 04:18 PM
Members

Well im a tech who does most of my dealerships installs and most of the times showing our customers how to use them. and i think the kit is great. except for it being in I-drive format its just like using u ipod. and imho i think having ur ipod instead of the 6 disc though its a hard decison is better in the long run and i gave it up n my own vechile when i had to change my radio from a disc in dash to a single disc that i could hook my ipod up to and ive been happier. as for problems i havent seen any as of yet. as for exspense. its a bmw accessory. but the install time is fair. hope i could be of help

DoN
Old 11-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by John007' post='351230' date='Nov 1 2006, 03:36 PM
I reported last month that they told me my 05 was a few months to old for it to work) but now I'm thinking I got my 6 disk cd changer a little over a year ago and if I want the ipod kit they will have to remove it, that just seems to be a waste (also the kit is around $300 plus $100 for install, and I forgot if he said I would also have to pay for some parts) usualy a I get coupons via email from Peabody BMW for discounts off accessorys so I asked next time I receive one can I apply it twords the kit and I was told yes, so I told him I would wait till then. Has anyone gotten the kit or heard how people like it? Any problems? Just seems pretty expensive I can just keep making CD's w/20 songs on it (X6 for changer and X1 for the reg. cd player) ..
I ordered my E60 with L7 but without the changer. I found I never really used it in the last couple of years in my E39. I installed the MOST bus iPod adapter myself and it wasn't a big deal. If you already have the changer installed the swap for the iPod adapter should be easy and you can even do it yourself. But $100 for the install is better than what my dealer wanted. The adapter itself can be had for less if you look around. Look at the sticky at the top of this forum and get a quote from Newport BMW for the part. I've been very happy with the adapter. Other than it being a little slow it's been great to listen to and keep the iPod out of sight. The audio sounds much better than using the AUX input.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:42 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Originally Posted by ImolaRedM' post='351331' date='Nov 1 2006, 08:53 PM
I ordered my E60 with L7 but without the changer. I found I never really used it in the last couple of years in my E39. I installed the MOST bus iPod adapter myself and it wasn't a big deal. If you already have the changer installed the swap for the iPod adapter should be easy and you can even do it yourself. But $100 for the install is better than what my dealer wanted. The adapter itself can be had for less if you look around. Look at the sticky at the top of this forum and get a quote from Newport BMW for the part. I've been very happy with the adapter. Other than it being a little slow it's been great to listen to and keep the iPod out of sight. The audio sounds much better than using the AUX input.
when I picked up my car today my service guy said $150 for install and I think $299.00 for the kit (and I keep forgetting if there was an other charge) I am waiting till I get an email with some coupons from BMW like I get every few months to get it down 15-20% now what do you think the advantages/disadvantages for waiting for that other kit (icelink I think??) advice people advice