E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
Just in case you are waiting, please be prepared to wait a long time. Dension at no doubt very good products but they are very bad at predicting launch dates. A few of us will remember how long the wait for the GW500 was from nearly there to available (over a year), the AVR was the same story. Infact every Dension product has been delayed.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol @ Bruce yeah u did warn us
Old 05-01-2012, 07:39 AM
Members

Any news on this?
---
David
Old 05-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

I'm looking at the GW500 for the Bluetooth Streaming. Is this going to be able to do the same?

I don't want to get the 500 and find out that this will be replacing it shortly. I don't have an Iphone or want one but if it does everything the 500 does and then some, i'll take it.

Any update on release date?

Thanks
Old 05-03-2012, 05:24 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by turbo_lew
I'm looking at the GW500 for the Bluetooth Streaming. Is this going to be able to do the same?

I don't want to get the 500 and find out that this will be replacing it shortly. I don't have an Iphone or want one but if it does everything the 500 does and then some, i'll take it.
I am in the same boat. I am holding off on the GW500 due to this and I read some problems with Bluetooth streaming.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:35 AM
Senior Members

I got no word yet from these guys I believe its real, and they told me its done. But i have no idea what's taking them so long. Bruce did warn us that dension are a bunch of liars . I will still wait to get this no matter when it comes out cuz the gw 500 is old and lacking features. I'll try and shoot him an email again to see where are they on this thing.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Senior Members

Well he replied rather quickly this time here is his response take it how you want I got no opinions LOL.

Dear Ronald,

Well yes, I'm in rush all the time. I have just finished the draft version of the iCON User Guide (Install is ready) so we are getting very close. As far as I aware the product will be out soon, so only few days or maximum weeks (1-2) and the product will be available.

Kind regards,

Máté

LOL 1-2 weeks dension language translation = 1-2 months LOL
Old 05-03-2012, 11:23 AM
Contributors

They really need to work on their customer support too.. any problems usually results in little to no help.

But the product looks interesting
Old 05-04-2012, 11:50 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530d Remapped 292BHP

odd as this is the email I just received from Denison UK, This is the Email Chain.

"
Dear Customer,
1, No, it isn't going to be a replacement, it is going to be a variety of the GW 500.
2. Yes, and it will have more phone compatibility.
3, No, it won't be able to Stream audio through Bluetooth.
4, Around June.
5, TV-TUNER and VIM must be enabled.
If you have any questions, please contact us, Dension Support Team
Submitted to 'Car Compatibility & Where To Buy'

Hi, I've seen your youtube video of the iCon Drive for BMW car. It looks really good. I've got a few question.
1, Is this going to be a replacement for the Gateway 500?
2, If yes, will it still have bluetooth for other phone types, Android etc..?
3, Will it be able to Stream audio through Bluetooth.
4, What is the expected release date to the UK
. 5, What is the expected cost of the unit?
6, I assume it will need to have the car bluetooth, CD Changer and TV enabled to get all functionality.
I'm wanting to have Bluetooth streaming on my car (BMW E60 with Pro Nav (CCC) and Bluetooth). From what i've read its plug and play for my car. I don't want to buy a GW 500 and find that its been replace a few weeks later, I'd sooner wait and get the new unit. I'm not bother about the Iphone / Ipod functions.
Any information would be very helpful.
Kind Regards Lewis.

By the sounds of this the GW 500 is the one for me as i need the Bluetooth Streaming.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not to mention if you have 6.5" screen you can't code TV function so will only work for professional nav cars

Quick Reply: Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive