E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 06:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

looks/sounds great. a really nice alternative to dropping thousands of dollars on the CIC conversion for some of this functionality.....probably less headache too...(still jaded about the coding process/interactions from that lol)

i will def get one when they release. this is the type of functionality BMW should have offered years ago....its a damn shame u can buy a ford at a quarter the price back in 09 with this functionality but the 09 bmws were in the digital dark ages as far as infotainment systems go. smh.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True bmw took too long to easily implement media devices but they are making the changes now. imo, besides the new toyota camry media portal I feel like nothing comes close to the bmw entertainment experience in 2011-12 cars with the addition of 6nr and bmw apps.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:15 AM
Senior Members

I got some correspondence back from my contact at dension regarding the icon drive. I told him to email me whenever he gets documentation about the new icon drive, heres what he said

" Thanks for getting back to me. Right now I have no product information sheet however it will be created soon. 2 days ago we made a specific installation and user guide for iCon BMW, this will uploaded soon to youtube as well. I would say at the same time when the product becomes available in the market.

I'm in rush these days therefore if is it a not problem for you, please get back to me in 2-3 weeks time. Maybe than I can give you , send some info.

Have a good day!"

So despite this is all still an oral promise, I think its good news however because they are testing and making you tube clips so. Maybe the time schedule of release is truly imminent for the month of march.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 528i, AW

Originally Posted by spediegunz
I got some correspondence back from my contact at dension regarding the icon drive. I told him to email me whenever he gets documentation about the new icon drive, heres what he said

" Thanks for getting back to me. Right now I have no product information sheet however it will be created soon. 2 days ago we made a specific installation and user guide for iCon BMW, this will uploaded soon to youtube as well. I would say at the same time when the product becomes available in the market.

I'm in rush these days therefore if is it a not problem for you, please get back to me in 2-3 weeks time. Maybe than I can give you , send some info.

Have a good day!"

So despite this is all still an oral promise, I think its good news however because they are testing and making you tube clips so. Maybe the time schedule of release is truly imminent for the month of march.
awesome news, i'm bookmarking this thread so I can follow the progress!
Old 03-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

So is this thing out yet?
Old 03-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by HeavyTireSmoke
I can't wait. I was about to get the Gateway 500 but now will wait. Any idea if a group buy will be offered?

+1
Old 03-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Members

Also interested, was heading for cic retrofit but for the price I would try this first
Old 03-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Very Interested.

I assume that this would provide full iphone/ipod integration plus Stereo bluetooth and aux ?

If so totally worth it, keep us posted - I surely would be interested.

Wonder if this would require coding or anything ?
Old 03-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Members

+1 Looks like a great product.
Old 03-27-2012, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

My guy at dension finally emailed me back today and said to be patient he said he can assure me the product is complete and tested but cannot give me a specific date on release or when could we see some documents on the item all he could say was any day now....very very soon LOL. So take it how you want , at first he told me it could come out around March so right now its not technically late yet but as I get any information ill let you guys know asap.

Quick Reply: Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive