E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Spediegunz, you are a heartbreaker! lol, JK, But I guess it's back to the drawing broad. I still have like three months to decide before I start putting plans to action.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:37 AM
Members

I'm a little worried, I emailed Kris at modmynabv for more info and he said I had to do the CIC retro first to get the interface to work. I think I may have just spoke wrong but what I may do is just use a Itouch2 that is connected to the internet until more data comes out on the kivic one.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
I'm a little worried, I emailed Kris at modmynabv for more info and he said I had to do the CIC retro first to get the interface to work. I think I may have just spoke wrong but what I may do is just use a Itouch2 that is connected to the internet until more data comes out on the kivic one.
wait im lost were you planning on doing a cic retrofit?
they make the mmn for ccc and cic. I used the ipod touch before i got my iphone5 with that dock that will work... however i notice that the data speeds on it was kinda slow lets say if you were to wifi tether it from your phone.

the kivic one does nothing but allow your phone to be wireless you would still need some sort of interface like the mmn or xcarlink for the kivic to plug into.

to be honest the reason I didn't even bother with the kivic one because battery drain while doing airplay is huge so imagine now you are doing airplay while streaming a movie off the netflix app with a 4g lte connection your phone wouldn't last 30 minutes. it makes absolutely no sense, yeah its fancy to be wireless but my thing is if you have to plug the phone in to charge it anyway while doing all that it defeats the purpose of wireless so i forgot all about that kivic one and got the lightning to hdmi cable

Old 06-15-2013, 12:41 AM
Members

Wow, that looks simple enough for me, thanks man. I was just saying what he wrote me in response, I was confused as well. I do not plan in messing with the CIC retro, TonyB may have talked me into the CIC controller knob retro but that's it. I will probably use my itouch until something else comes out for the phone. I will be hitting you up for help once my project starts as I am not the most car audio savi person.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:10 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
Wow, that looks simple enough for me, thanks man. I was just saying what he wrote me in response, I was confused as well. I do not plan in messing with the CIC retro, TonyB may have talked me into the CIC controller knob retro but that's it. I will probably use my itouch until something else comes out for the phone. I will be hitting you up for help once my project starts as I am not the most car audio savi person.
Ah believe it or not I'm not that car savy either LOL. Hit them back up and just tell them you want a mmn for an lci e60 that's all. I did the CIC controller as well with the help of tony.