E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Group Buy ending this week. I better get payment or else you WILL not get this price.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a quick note here for the icon drive. i just recieved and installed mine in my 2006 e90 with ccc. everthing went well, but i cant get my idrive controller to operate the unit. ive followed the instructions by pressing the track forward button, but still no luck.

also the tv/ vim enabler module. even after using this, as soon as took my hand break off i got the message on screen about driving with video will be disabled. so still not of any use if i fixed the controller problem. i always thought the video got disabled once above a certain speed? not as soon as you take off the hanbreak.

im not saying you will all have any problems, but this is my 2ps worth on this device.

my e90 has the controller with the menu and voice buttons..

cheers chris
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Originally Posted by terminator2k2
just a quick note here for the icon drive. i just recieved and installed mine in my 2006 e90 with ccc. everthing went well, but i cant get my idrive controller to operate the unit. ive followed the instructions by pressing the track forward button, but still no luck.

also the tv/ vim enabler module. even after using this, as soon as took my hand break off i got the message on screen about driving with video will be disabled. so still not of any use if i fixed the controller problem. i always thought the video got disabled once above a certain speed? not as soon as you take off the hanbreak.

im not saying you will all have any problems, but this is my 2ps worth on this device.

my e90 has the controller with the menu and voice buttons..

cheers chris
Good info, thanks for sharing.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Senior Members

Wow thanks for the chime in. What are the details of the install where did you buy it from? Also can you upload a vid of it in action
Old 07-21-2012, 12:56 AM
Members

hi there, im from the uk, and ordered this from a place in london......

as for a video, its a bit pointless as i cant operate the icon drive with my controller. i also have to change the video out options to pal everytime i plug my phone into the connector.

i will try and get some pics up for you......
Old 07-21-2012, 04:05 AM
Members

Old 07-21-2012, 04:18 AM
Members

http://youtu.be/u9c70xPsUgo

http://youtu.be/7-nOi0G8Ry4

things have gone bad to worse with this lol.....i reinserted the tv/vim activator to try and enable vim, and now all i get when i select tv is the warning about video being disabled when driving.....this thing is driving me nuts lol.....
Old 07-21-2012, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

thanks for the info I love that gotye song btw,
I'm no expert but do you have ncs expert or maybe know someone with the ability to code your car I'm not sure if it will help your situation but
There is function is in the CCC I think the cappl and it`s called "video_deny_cob" if you can get this parameter coded maybe it will allow you to do video in motion
Old 07-21-2012, 06:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by spediegunz
thanks for the info I love that gotye song btw,
I'm no expert but do you have ncs expert or maybe know someone with the ability to code your car I'm not sure if it will help your situation but
There is function is in the CCC I think the cappl and it`s called "video_deny_cob" if you can get this parameter coded maybe it will allow you to do video in motion

thanks for that, but no , i dont have the coding cable....this was one of the reasons i went for the dension as it came with the activator.....oh by the way on mine if you didnt know, i got the sos error on my dash and the only way i could clear it, was to unplug the ccc again. then everything went back to normal.....might go and try that again to see if it resets the ccc to enable video again.....

if theres anything else you want to know let us know......

the install is quite easy, and this is the first time ive had my car apart....just disengage the optical cables, follow the diagram for the correct way for the light to go, its even marked on the connectors, and then add the piece of cabling supplied with the kit. connect up the dension icon and video router, and away you go......hardest part will be trying to get the ccc unit back in the dash......not much room behind it...

chris
Old 07-21-2012, 08:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2003 E60 520i Black Metalic. Glass Sun Roof, Climate Control High, Bluetooth, Leather Memory, PDC, Adaptive Xenon, Navi Pro, Voice Control, Ipod, Folding rear seats, OEM 172 19" Summer Wheels, OEM 138 17" Winter Wheels.

Originally Posted by terminator2k2
thanks for that, but no , i dont have the coding cable....this was one of the reasons i went for the dension as it came with the activator.....oh by the way on mine if you didnt know, i got the sos error on my dash and the only way i could clear it, was to unplug the ccc again. then everything went back to normal.....might go and try that again to see if it resets the ccc to enable video again.....

if theres anything else you want to know let us know......

the install is quite easy, and this is the first time ive had my car apart....just disengage the optical cables, follow the diagram for the correct way for the light to go, its even marked on the connectors, and then add the piece of cabling supplied with the kit. connect up the dension icon and video router, and away you go......hardest part will be trying to get the ccc unit back in the dash......not much room behind it...

chris
Can you control the IPOD music both through normal CD IDrive menu and "TV" menu? Also, is the Audio quality when using handsfree phone good?

I am considering this for my next car (E61 530d that has neither IPOD not Bluetooth).

Thanks,

Quick Reply: Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive