E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 06:43 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good morning fellow forum members. I apologize if this has already been discussed, but while doing research on purchasing my very own dension gateway 500. stumbled onto a new product coming out soon called the icon drive. I just called the uk directly and spoke with 1 of the head engineers at dension, this product is supposed to be able to replace the gateway 500 avr and bta 1500 all in 1 shot. while adding some new features unfamiliar to us such as ipod video routing to the idrive screen and cover art control and bluetooth steering wheel control, while the product has not been released yet he assured me that the release date would be around sometime in march. and would cost somewhere between 400 and 500 dollars. he told me some future add ons will also be being able to stream pandora with cover art from your bt enabled device. the item sounded so enticing that I am no longer interested in buying a gateway 500 and I will wait until march when the product is released . Any ways here is a video I found on youtube in reference to said product.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d27Rlx98Cb0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Old 02-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks very interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Senior Members

My pleasure im hoping any one else might know something more about this item
Old 02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Just in case you are waiting, please be prepared to wait a long time. Dension at no doubt very good products but they are very bad at predicting launch dates. A few of us will remember how long the wait for the GW500 was from nearly there to available (over a year), the AVR was the same story. Infact every Dension product has been delayed.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Senior Members

Dang I hope not I wanna hold out cuz everyone hates to be that person who bought the 2009 e60 in august when the 2010 f10 comes out in september
Old 02-07-2012, 03:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

That would be a great addition to my car, can you call them back and see if they can add android functionality to the mix and not thru rf modulator most androids have hdmi out all these setup for iphones or ipods are driving me crazy they are not the only ship in the see anymore
Old 02-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

I can't wait. I was about to get the Gateway 500 but now will wait. Any idea if a group buy will be offered?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Who do I give my monies to for this?
Old 02-07-2012, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

I will keep the forum posted, about more info on the product and more info on release date as far as who to pay and group buys when the time gets closer I will also ask about that. The gentleman I spoke today told me I can call him any time if I had more questions and he was more than eager to answer any questions I had this morning so hopefully we can cross our fingers and hope for a prompt release....

As far as andriod goes I know how you feel buddy I have and andriod phone too, but i also have and ipod touch as well. so because all these products keep coming out only ios based I'll probably switching to Iphone5 lol.
Old 02-08-2012, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Numero Uno in Richmond Va 04 530 6 speed, jet black, black dakota leather, xenons, red rear reflectors, 545 front grill, cold weather package, premium package, staggered 19 inch BBS rxII/michelins, H&R coilovers and intergrated, R1 concept drilled an
Model Year: 2004
Engine: 530i

noooooooooooooooooooooooo dont switch this has got to come 180 I to have a ipod touch and a ipod classic, ipod nano, hell even the second gen iphone, but they are just so locked down my new droid razor with hdmi mirroring and the ability to connect to my 500 gig hard drive at home via the internet, google nav and it's rooted and grand fathered unlimited internet, and able to use vz mobile hot spot is all I would need for now and the future please express to him how his sales would increase with both platforms being able to be used . Come to think of it all they would have to do is use the docking station technology already in android phones

Quick Reply: Introducing the all new dension bmw I-con drive