E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Interior Color

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 05:27 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior Color

I have white car with beige interior.. I would have prefered black interior, but I couldn't be too picky when buying a used car.. I went for the outside color and low miles as primary concern.

I don't mind the beige color, but I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of what I could do to make things look a bit nicer inside. For example, I would love to swap out wood grain for carbon fiber. Maybe black floor mats??

i dunno.. just looking for ideas that do NOT cost thousands of dollars.

new leather seats and door panels are out of the question lol

just wondering if theres anything obvious that Im looking past cause I havent thought of it yet.
Old 07-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I have similar colors. It's brown/beige. I went with the 3m dinoc carbon wrap. If you don't like it you cA remove it. There are also other colors like brushed aluminum, graphite etc. you could always paint them piano black. Several options, just comes down to a personal opinion.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:35 AM
New Members

thanks alot. .I actually just looked a picture of someone with same interioir with gloss black trim.. I think I like it better than the CF

Can the trim be painted if prepped right? Has anyone ever done this? Not concerned with it being reversable.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:47 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 545i Manual, Sport, L7
Model Year: 2005

You can paint or wrap the trims whatever color or wrap you want. If you are Pre-lci than You need to remove door panels to get door Handel trims out. I had painted mine jet black but later decided to dress them with real alcantara to match the interior and I like it this way looks unique
Attached Thumbnails Interior Color-image.jpg  
Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2009 535i Sport
Model Year: 2009
Engine: N54

You might be able to pick up the factory black carpet cheap and install it - like this:

Old 07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
New Members

My Ride: 545i

If you want to be adventurous....

Leatherique Cinnamon dye complete overhaul saga (blog)
Old 07-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

You can paint all the wood trims any color and finish with a clear coat. I tossed a free out here last year that if someone wanted their trims painted I would do it at no cost except materials. I can look for the one trim that i painted andI took pics of that Sublime gave me. This would give you an idea. The materials consist of automotive base with a clear coat. Top quality ad a professional job. I'm guessing the total material cost would be about 100. All I would ask is that you take lots of pics and share. I warped mine but I want to paint them but thinking black would be nice, but maybe too much back.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:04 AM
Senior Members

Here is the info I posted a while back
https://5series.net/forums/e60-parts...d-trim-121240/
Old 07-31-2013, 02:35 AM
New Members

OK so is this an easy procedure to take off this trim? Do door panels have to come off? Start/ignition button, vents etc? Or do the wood plates slide over everything? I'm starting to wonder if this is doable by myself.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:26 AM
Senior Members

The trims remove very easily. The IP trim will come out with the vents, but they can be removed as well from the trim. Your door panel will need to be removed to get this trim off. I actually have not removed a door panel but from what I've read it's not that difficult. Main thing is to disconnect the battery so you don't get any AB errors.

Quick Reply: Interior Color