E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed new Fog lights and Internet tablet inside.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 09:54 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

Originally Posted by Shadow V8
very nice Android system you got there

i've searched for it it cost around 400$ ,,, did u got it cheaper??

Forgot to mention, i got the 16GB for $350 from newegg, had notification on it and got it as soon as i got the notification that they have it in stock. They ran out of it in 20 minutes. I recieved the tablet in 20 hours with a standard shipping
Old 02-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Members

Originally Posted by lasvegasguy
the Tablet makes it look like a police car
Yeah i know lol, might very likly get pulld over for covering my view one of these days
Old 02-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

can play video from usb stick directly?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:45 PM
Members

Yup, once u connect ur USB flash, it reads it as an external Storage and shows everything in it, common files like mp3, bmp, jpeg, avi, pdf, etc files can be open directly via usb, files that requiers specific software to open will see bt wont open it obviously.
If you connect a wireless mouse, the courser will appear and u can use mouse to do your operations if you dont like touching stuff with ur finger.
But honestly internal memory is 16 + u can add 32 gb micro SD as an expandable storage to it and have enough space there...

Just have to find a way to connect it to my stereo ...
Old 02-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Members

Looks good.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by NSBMW04
Looks good.
tnx m8
Old 02-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

get for your m - mask the aux input and u r all set )) last question can u instal vlc media player ? i will love to know , i like the vizualisation thru vlc media player+ when u play audio files u can view mix wave in the screen ,, verry cool.
thx
Old 02-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

Originally Posted by conditionzero
EXACTLY, without the decoder the fog lights were working great with no flickering or anything ONLY WHEN THE CAR ENGINE WAS NOT running. Weird huh?
Once I was starting the car, they were going nuts and start flickering and die in about 10 sec...

But Error Eliminator kit needs to be installed in the middle of the CKT instead of at the bigining of the ckt.
Cool thanks for the heads up....you think the flickering and going nuts is bad on my Dodge Cummins truck they were fine with the key in the on postition but would go off once started, then if you tried to turn them back on it would kill the motor and everything! Found out the hard way tried to turn them on while driving down the road and the truck died! Weird how computers and electronics control lights these days...
Old 02-10-2011, 09:38 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stel_i79
get for your m - mask the aux input and u r all set )) last question can u instal vlc media player ? i will love to know , i like the vizualisation thru vlc media player+ when u play audio files u can view mix wave in the screen ,, verry cool.
thx

HAHA i know exactly what u r talkin about breh I was looking for that too, luv the visualization of media player. Well i just installed VLC on my tablet by searching the app library but it doesnt seem to have that visualization thingy breh
Would have been very cool, but ill let you know if i find anythin

I still donno how to connect to my stereo breh can you explain it how? and what should i get plz?
tnx
Old 02-10-2011, 09:41 AM
Members

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
Cool thanks for the heads up....you think the flickering and going nuts is bad on my Dodge Cummins truck they were fine with the key in the on postition but would go off once started, then if you tried to turn them back on it would kill the motor and everything! Found out the hard way tried to turn them on while driving down the road and the truck died! Weird how computers and electronics control lights these days...
Certainly breh, it shouldnt flicker, well lemme rephrase that, it can flicker first 5-10 sec, when it turns on and its warming up, but it shouldnt flicker at all after that, that means its having a power issue somewhere in the ckt.

Quick Reply: Installed new Fog lights and Internet tablet inside.