E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed new Fog lights and Internet tablet inside.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530i

I just installed my HID 8K DDM Fog lights today, had to use Error decoder or eliminator for error codes , bt mehhh it worked fine...
Also mounted my internet/media Archos 101 Tablet to my car for videos and music and internet

My camera was broken couldnt take a good picture, had to turn the flash off as well, but the video is down there in case if you want to check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZkFdmu9tOs
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

nice .. were did u buy it from,, some retail that give u 30 days money back,, just in case .. )
Old 02-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Members

I got it from San Diego CA. was a long drive from where i live.
Yeah the dude was very cool, became really close friends after going there 3 times

got it from ddm tuning, http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DD...ast-35W-or-55W
40 bucks the lights and the kit nd all the cables and 15 bucks for the error decoder...

was flashing and going out without the error eliminators. the guy said doesnt matter where you put the error eliminator/ resistors, so i connected it directly to the input from the fog lights of the car then all rest of the circuit, turned the car on, the cubic error decoder started boiling and poped and buncha oil started coming out, i was kindda scared, turned the car off, took it bk nd got it exchanged, this time connected it in the middle of the circuit, worked likka charm.
Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Alpine White / Tan

so you needed these error eliminators http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Er...minator-3-PAIR in order for the HID fog lights to work properly?
Old 02-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

sorry for miss understending,, i was refering to the tablet. )
Old 02-09-2011, 08:02 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW E60 545i 04 Mods: Matte White / Black car color Matte Kidney Grills Angel Eyes White Fog Lights White lights license plate M5 Body kit RPI GT Exhaust

very nice Android system you got there

i've searched for it it cost around 400$ ,,, did u got it cheaper??
Old 02-09-2011, 09:11 AM
Members

the Tablet makes it look like a police car
Old 02-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Members

Originally Posted by baggedlvintegra
so you needed these error eliminators http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/Er...minator-3-PAIR in order for the HID fog lights to work properly?
EXACTLY, without the decoder the fog lights were working great with no flickering or anything ONLY WHEN THE CAR ENGINE WAS NOT running. Weird huh?
Once I was starting the car, they were going nuts and start flickering and die in about 10 sec...

But Error Eliminator kit needs to be installed in the middle of the CKT instead of at the bigining of the ckt.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by stel_i79
sorry for miss understending,, i was refering to the tablet. )
Yes breh NEWEGG.com, where i always shop computer stuff for the last 8 years or so. Goos customer service.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Shadow V8
very nice Android system you got there

i've searched for it it cost around 400$ ,,, did u got it cheaper??

Ive been keeping an EYE on it since it came out. Came out very late in US, still not in the retail stores yet. Had almost 5 notifications everywhere, mainly in newegg.com...
comes in 8 & 16 GB, u can add micro SD car (another 16 or 32G expandable, volume button, AWSOME loud ass speakers, wifi, micro HDMI (to connect it to TV), 10.1" LCD, Android, mini jack, regular size USB in case u have dosuments on ur flash drive u wanna open (word, pdf, etc...) or even to connect ur mouse has a slim stand at the back, nd it costs half the price of cheapest ipad lol
forgot to mention the free app library

Load ur music, videos, concerts and put it in ur car, need internet no problem, google it by connecting to ur phone (tethering).

I just need someone to help me how to upgrade my stereo which is a nightmare so i can have an mini jack (auxilary) output so i can connect my players to it

Quick Reply: Installed new Fog lights and Internet tablet inside.