E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed Media Interface + Media Player

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:13 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

I'm actually quite surprised that this unit didn't come with a car adaptor, considering that they sell it as an Automotive Media Player. Anyway the phone lighter socket should already have the filters in them to smoothen out the engine whine.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:52 AM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T1000BP
For sure! They ship worldwide. Shipping is pretty quick too! Got my unit in 2 business days!
Hi, How are you getting audio from the ipod through the iDrive? Do you have an AUX input installed for audio or can you use the AV inputs on the XCARLINK system for audio through a apple composite video interface cable? Any help is much appreciated!
Old 07-15-2011, 09:14 AM
Members

My Ride: 550i M SPORT - 6 SPEED MANUAL

Originally Posted by Rocky_The_Flying_Squirrel
Hi, How are you getting audio from the ipod through the iDrive? Do you have an AUX input installed for audio or can you use the AV inputs on the XCARLINK system for audio through a apple composite video interface cable? Any help is much appreciated!
The ipod is connected directly to the car. My car came with ipod in. The ipod has nothing to do with the media player.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:20 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Just installed the same xcarlink multimedia interface

Only thing is, the Menu button on the iDrive doesn't switch between the interface and the iDrive - I have to use the toggle switch that plugs into the side of the interface. Did you have this issue? I have the "split" button with one side Menu and the other side Voice control, not sure if that makes a difference?

Like this:

Old 07-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ///MrSingh
Just installed the same xcarlink multimedia interface

Only thing is, the Menu button on the iDrive doesn't switch between the interface and the iDrive - I have to use the toggle switch that plugs into the side of the interface. Did you have this issue? I have the "split" button with one side Menu and the other side Voice control, not sure if that makes a difference?

Like this:

At first I had trouble too. I was using the toggle switch as well. Hold down the menu button for a couple of seconds it should switch. Did you plug the supplied harness in correctly?
Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM
Members

At first I had trouble too. I was using the toggle switch as well. Hold down the menu button for a couple of seconds it should switch. Did you plug the supplied harness in correctly?
Yeah, everything works exactly as it should apart from the Menu button not toggling the displays

Anyhow, I did a quick test with a DVD player - don't worry I will be getting something more portable

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pevii9pTJ0[/youtube]
Old 07-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Yeah, everything works exactly as it should apart from the Menu button not toggling the displays

Anyhow, I did a quick test with a DVD player - don't worry I will be getting something more portable

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pevii9pTJ0[/youtube]
How cone you didn't take the DVD option that comes with the car link?
Old 07-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
How cone you didn't take the DVD option that comes with the car link?
I was always planning to use my iPhone or get a media player of some sort. Plus I got just the interface off ebay quite a lot cheaper than the xcarlink website
Old 07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Members

Ok, for some reason the Menu button has started working!
Old 07-22-2011, 10:41 AM
Members

Ok, for some reason the Menu button has started working!
LOL! That's what happened to me too! At first it didn't work. Later on in the night after dinner I went into the car and pressed the Menu button and it worked all of a sudden. Odd... HEY NOT COMPLAINING! At least it works... But funny how it takes awhile to work...

Quick Reply: Installed Media Interface + Media Player