E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed M5 OEM reinforcement pull rod

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 04:53 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by ricky1329
What do you find after installed pull rod?
I don't track the car (yet) so just driving around town I wouldn't have expected to notice a difference. I just figured they were pretty cheap and easy to install and couldn't hurt.

That said, I'm pretty sure I can tell they are on. I was surprised and kept trying to convince myself their was no change but I kept losing the argument. It just feels "solid" when I accelerate - that's about the only way I can think of to explain it.

I wish understood exactly what the intended function was and expected behavior so I could try and understand "when" a difference should be noticed.

Sway bar goes on tomorrow!
Old 05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by pinguhk
what is number 7 bars?
Also, what are #'s 6 and 11 bars - also only found on M5/6?
Old 05-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
I don't track the car (yet) so just driving around town I wouldn't have expected to notice a difference. I just figured they were pretty cheap and easy to install and couldn't hurt.

That said, I'm pretty sure I can tell they are on. I was surprised and kept trying to convince myself their was no change but I kept losing the argument. It just feels "solid" when I accelerate - that's about the only way I can think of to explain it.

I wish understood exactly what the intended function was and expected behavior so I could try and understand "when" a difference should be noticed.

Sway bar goes on tomorrow!
any bar put on to the e60 will have a big improvement.
you should try out the UR bars too, they are 3 time cheaper that OEM 1s.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci

Originally Posted by pinguhk
any bar put on to the e60 will have a big improvement.
you should try out the UR bars too, they are 3 time cheaper that OEM 1s.
I havn't been able to figure out how to buy UR bars in the US and none of the suppliers listed on their US web site seem to be very helpful.

My pull rods were $150 for the pairand the M5 sway bar is $128. Price seems good for these.
I am interested in the UR bars if anyone can refer a good US vendor.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Contributors

I havn't been able to figure out how to buy UR bars in the US and none of the suppliers listed on their US web site seem to be very helpful.

My pull rods were $150 for the pairand the M5 sway bar is $128. Price seems good for these.
Contact Pingy or UR bars on eBay
Old 05-23-2011, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
Contact Pingy or UR bars on eBay

Thanks! But... why does this site look so weird? and not look like eBay? I don't use Ebay too much - if I found this site by accident I would think it was some sort of scam
Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Contributors

Thanks! But... why does this site look so weird? and not look like eBay? I don't use Ebay too much - if I found this site by accident I would think it was some sort of scam

It's the vendor's eBay store, they are allowed to design it pretty much the way they want to. I went there for my strut tower brace since Pingy recommended them.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:01 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Mini Cooper

wow that is a very good price for the OEM.
in HK they are at lest 2 time the price.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:06 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pjinca
It's the vendor's eBay store, they are allowed to design it pretty much the way they want to. I went there for my strut tower brace since Pingy recommended them.

I'll give them a try. I want the strut tower brace and front lower brace.

So did your strut tower brace have the holes that are too large also?
Old 05-23-2011, 06:08 PM
Contributors

I'll give them a try. I want the strut tower brace and front lower brace.

So did your strut tower brace have the holes that are too large also?
I dunno, haven't gotten it yet. But since it's the UR bar like Pingy's I am pretty sure it will. If Pingy can make due with larger washers, I can too. Especially since it's still waaaaaaaay better pricing than the RD Sport, Dinan of others that all cost 4-5 times as much. Needing washers isn't that big a deal to me.

Quick Reply: Installed M5 OEM reinforcement pull rod