E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I'm a pretty dumb smart guy

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm just plain confused now...
I spent the last week doing search after search on this forum and I am just way more confused now then I was when I started reading about all this exaust stuff. /sigh
Car background...(will include more if I forgot something and you need to know to help me with this)
2004 545i, stock back bumper and muffler set up.

What I want to do is upgrade my current exaust with something more throaty, something that sounds more of a rumble then a matalic sound (if that makes sence to you guys)

I do want a dual exaust, I understand that will obviously be more $$$ then the current 2 to 1 muffler that comes stock for my car.
The whore X pipe thing confuses the crap out of me. Looks like some have it, some do not (what does that do exactly?) doing the search I can see where it goes, but don't understand what it does exactly.
I will need a new rear bumper obviously, what am I looking at option wise? for the type of car I have. Hammon? or what? links would help me decide. So I can see them.
Resonators? how many do I have now? How many do I remove / keep?? Again, this confused the heck out of me. Some of you guys removed them, some didn't.
Am I getting any REAL performance doing this mod? Is it cost effective or can the performance be accomplished with just doing the single muffler?

Some feedback and information from the powers that be on this forum would be a great help, I'm a litte lost and want to get moving on this Mod.
Thanks for your time guys.

Audi_Eatter
Old 06-23-2008, 04:24 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 14 550i

Hi. I'll try to answer some of your questions.

Yes you'll need a new rear bumper if you want quad exhausts. I recommend the m-tech kit which is sold by a few vendors on the forum. Check the classifieds section you'll see them every where.

I personally like the B&B Exhaust but I believe that's only single. The Remus quad isn't bad either, similar sound. It is throaty has the rumbling sound but not too crazy that it's not enjoyable.

X-pipe design I can't help you with as I don't know much about exhaust designs.

Power increase? Maybe some but on our naturally aspirated cars ,it's tough to get any power. Don't do this mod if you're looking for performance increase, do it for looks and sound imho.

Hope that helped you some.

Michael

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter' post='608397' date='Jun 23 2008, 11:29 AM
I spent the last week doing search after search on this forum and I am just way more confused now then I was when I started reading about all this exaust stuff. /sigh
Car background...(will include more if I forgot something and you need to know to help me with this)

What I want to do is upgrade my current exaust with something more throaty, something that sounds more of a rumble then a matalic sound (if that makes sence to you guys)

I do want a dual exaust, I understand that will obviously be more $$$ then the current 2 to 1 muffler that comes stock for my car.
The whore X pipe thing confuses the crap out of me. Looks like some have it, some do not (what does that do exactly?) doing the search I can see where it goes, but don't understand what it does exactly.
I will need a new rear bumper obviously, what am I looking at option wise? for the type of car I have. Hammon? or what? links would help me decide. So I can see them.
Resonators? how many do I have now? How many do I remove / keep?? Again, this confused the heck out of me. Some of you guys removed them, some didn't.
Am I getting any REAL performance doing this mod? Is it cost effective or can the performance be accomplished with just doing the single muffler?

Some feedback and information from the powers that be on this forum would be a great help, I'm a litte lost and want to get moving on this Mod.

Audi_Eatter
Old 06-23-2008, 07:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i- Titanium Gray

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter' post='608397' date='Jun 23 2008, 01:29 PM

I have an 05 545 and will be installing duals with xpipe and Magnaflow mufflers on Wednesday. I have the Mtech body kit and have ordered a carbon fiber quad diffuser.
I plan on taking some pictures and video of the install and the sound afterwards.
This set up does not cost too much really..its a custom which I feel is the way to go for the V8's. You might have 800 in it with install and all parts..that does not include the rear bumper of course.
PM me and I will be sure to email you when I get the sound and pics up.

Jake

P.S. Got all my exhaust parts from member R1Racer, he knows the set up for our cars very well. Diffusers etc..I got from John at EuroRev.

Audi_Eatter
Old 06-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 10 Honda Fit Sport, 10 Honda Pilot Touring

Originally Posted by Audi_Eatter' post='608397' date='Jun 23 2008, 02:29 PM

Some feedback and information from the powers that be on this forum would be a great help, I'm a little lost and want to get moving on this Mod.

Audi_Eatter
AE, PMed you my #. We can talk about your exhaust when we meet up to discuss meet planning.