E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

ideas for alternatives to cic retrofitting

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello all I just bought my 2004 535 and I'm so thrilled to finally be a member of the bmw owners club. With that being said my budget only allowed me to get mine with m-ask idrive system with no nav. Upon doing research i learned about cic retrofitting but quite frankly i think its just too much money to spend. I was wondering has anyone adding any aftermarket dvd nav radios while still keeping everything on the dash console exactly the way it is. i want to try some option out where i could change the video source of the idrive monitor which would allow me to see the output of what ever aftermarket radionav i connect to it. I know it wouldn't be so great because i wouldnt be able to control the nav or dvd player from the idrive but i was thinking i could get some sort of aftermarket radio that uses a remote. ultimatly i want to add something that gives me bt calling and possibly bt music streaming, ipod music and video control, navigation possibly with voice command {to address the issue of the idrive not being able to control it} a dvd player and finally a back up camera that comes on when in reverse. do any of you have any ideas on the best way for me to go about accomplishing this without cic retrofiting and if any have already done this could u show me some pic of your aftermarket setup.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:44 PM
New Members

My Ride: E39 528 Blk/Gry E60 525 Gry/Gry E46 M3 Red/Blk

WWW.TVANDNAV2GO.COM Answer to your question
Old 06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 530i

I researched tv and Nav to go. With there system it allows you to have a video interface. So you can plug a garmin unit into there system which plugs behind our screen. So you can see your navi. But no controls. Only way to control it is to go through the actual navi system. Its confusing.. But if there was a way to actually control the navi through the idrive it would be 10x better! You can also hook up backup cam, Xbox etc with there system.. But I think navi is most important. If someone knows a way to hook up navi with controls through idrive please fill me in!!