E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 10:57 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 08 535i, sport, prem

still tempted... pretty much exactly what i was looking for, I'll throw up a few photos if i pull the trigger despite warnings. I wonder if the Carbon fiber might have better build quality.

Thanks for all the links! I'll call seller in the morning and see what they advise, since they're here in Cali too.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:52 AM
Members

Decided to try the carbon fiber, they mentioned that it was a different vendor, so what the heck, give it a shot.

I'll upload pics and review in a few days!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i Sport Pkg. Stock, for now...

Originally Posted by pdubq
Decided to try the carbon fiber, they mentioned that it was a different vendor, so what the heck, give it a shot.

I'll upload pics and review in a few days!
I'm glad someone else is trying. Can't wait for the photos.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:21 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 08 528i TiAg Premium/Cold Weather Pkg, 20% Tint, Technic Harness, JL Audio 12W7, JL HD 750/1 and LOTS of lighting mods!!!!!

someone needs to make an Alpina Lip replica
Old 07-26-2012, 01:17 AM
Members

Alright!!! So the lip came today... i have to say, they shipped out immediately, packaged pretty well (except the bolt bag was left open, so bolts/nuts loose in the box), but lip wrapped well with soft wrap.

To me quality seems great... looks good, bottom side is sanded/painted, not polished. but visible top part is beautifully polished. I'm taking their word, then, that bottom is carbon-fiber, not fiberglass or some other material, but that's fine, looks great and feels about 4-5 lbs. I think it's two pieces glued together, (top/bottom). Doesn't seem flimsy at all, totally solid and durable. I love how it accentuates the 'smiley face' grill of the lci e60, with the similarly curved ends... and its a pretty subtle mod.

My mech friend Erik (seen in the photos) will probably install it for me tomorrow... since my car is living at his shop for a while... have a list of things to do that i've accumulated (oil leak diagnosis/fix, control arm bushings, suspension, cat-back exhaust, and topping it off with the Vishnu PWM Meth kit!). But here are some rough photos for a first glimpse:
Attached Thumbnails I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lip1.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lip2.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lip3.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lip4.jpg   I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...-lip5.jpg  

Old 07-26-2012, 05:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Wow...I'll admit the build of the CF one looks MUCH better than the ABS. For $100 more, I may go for this. BTW...there was no way two people could hold that on to the car like you have in that photo, with you on each end...it would've caved in right at the middle. The seams were so horrible as well, and splitting apart. I'm still not too keen on the way it sticks out from the side about an inch (looks less in the CF version), wish it was flush, but I could live with it I guess.

Interested to hear if you there is any additional external weird air noises or anything once installed...probably will be nothing, but just curious.

Thanks much for posting the photos, and against my black sapphire, the CF should look fine and as I said, for $100 more to have it finished out of the box is great.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:20 AM
Senior Members

Not that bad looking at all
Old 07-26-2012, 06:43 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

looks good. Since I won't be replacing my bumper for awhile this may be something I'll get. I have no CF on the car but should still look ok with black sapphire.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:26 AM
Members

yes I have no other cf on my car either, and I am still debating about a trunk spoiler, but I kind of like the look, of just the roof spoiler and no front spoiler on my car
Old 07-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

take another picture farther out front and side view

Quick Reply: I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...