E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I-Pod aux socket

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 07:22 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by wilko61' date='Aug 18 2005, 05:43 AM
Dropped the car off this morning for the Aux input to be fitted and for them to look at some gltches in the I-Drive software.........

Was told it would be ready by 4pm (UK). They just rang me to see that following the Aux fitting they would have to 'reprogramme' the car and this would take an extrea day!. I asked if they would be upgrading the I-Drive software to 'iron out' the glitches and the service advisor hadn't even considered it. She is going to discuss it and let me know.

I get the feeling this is going to turn into a saga............

P.S. They explained that they didn't know what the Aux Input was when I first enquired because they know it as an I-POD connector!
[snapback]160590[/snapback]
When I had my AUX IN installed, I had to leave the car in for an extra day to get the software glichtes sorted out. Mine was the first that the local dealer had installed so it was a learning process for them. It actually took longer to reset the software than it di to physically install the hardware.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:25 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by teutonictrio' date='Aug 17 2005, 08:08 PM
Is there an ETA for when the Ipod connect will be available on the E60?? To be able to control it via the steering wheel would be spectacular!? As Aux input, you still have to control the tracks/selections via the Ipod itself, right?
[snapback]160510[/snapback]
No ETA on iPod connector for E60. Aux input is nothing more than an audio input using mini stereo plug, not an integration with iDrive or any other controls. I use Griffin AirClick remote to control iPod, which I store in the center armrest (see link in my post above).
Old 08-18-2005, 07:26 AM
Members

hi there, are those alloys you have on your 535 the 19 inch upgrades?...got a car coming with those on on 1st september but have not actually seen them on the car, only when you build your own car on the bmw websites.. can you help - have you got some piccies you can send me or anyone else who had a 535d with the 19inchers on??... tim.caseldine@heineken.com

cheers

Tim
Old 08-19-2005, 03:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Sport Auto (Steptronic), Carbon Black, Aubern Dakota Leather, Media Pack (Bluetooth, ProNav, 6 CD Changer)

Just picked the car up from Coopers in Croydon (UK), AUX Input fitted and works perfectly with my Sony HD5 MP3 Player. Also upgraded I-Drive software, so Nav Pro now includes perspective and the other bits I've seen you all talk about on this forum.

Total Price ?157.

After the initial problems persuading the dealer that this retro fit was available, very pleased with the results.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 MY 545i Sport Saloon. 2006 MY Alpina B3S Convertible. 2006 MY Brabus Smart 42 Cabrio. 2006 MY AM DB9 Coupe.

Originally Posted by wilko61' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:36 PM
Just picked the car up from Coopers in Croydon (UK), AUX Input fitted and works perfectly with my Sony HD5 MP3 Player. Also upgraded I-Drive software, so Nav Pro now includes perspective and the other bits I've seen you all talk about on this forum.

Total Price ?157.

After the initial problems persuading the dealer that this retro fit was available, very pleased with the results.?
[snapback]161003[/snapback]

Hi wilko,

There is a chap called Ian Cox in the service dept that is a very good friend of mine. He used to be at Cooper Banstead and then moved to Mazda for a short time before going back to BMW, this time in Croydon.

You can do no better than have Ian look after your car there. He's fully aware of what can and can't be done in your car.

All the Best

Hobi
Old 08-19-2005, 03:45 AM
Members

My Ride: 525d Sport Auto (Steptronic), Carbon Black, Aubern Dakota Leather, Media Pack (Bluetooth, ProNav, 6 CD Changer)

Originally Posted by Hobi' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:41 PM
[quote name='wilko61' date='Aug 19 2005, 12:36 PM']Just picked the car up from Coopers in Croydon (UK), AUX Input fitted and works perfectly with my Sony HD5 MP3 Player. Also upgraded I-Drive software, so Nav Pro now includes perspective and the other bits I've seen you all talk about on this forum.

Total Price ?157.

After the initial problems persuading the dealer that this retro fit was available, very pleased with the results.?
[snapback]161003[/snapback]

Hi wilko,

There is a chap called Ian Cox in the service dept that is a very good friend of mine. He used to be at Cooper Banstead and then moved to Mazda for a short time before going back to BMW, this time in Croydon.

You can do no better than have Ian look after your car there. He's fully aware of what can and can't be done in your car.

All the Best

Hobi
[snapback]161006[/snapback]
[/quote]

Hobi

Thanks for the tip, I'll ask for him next time, although as I say, in the end I was very pleased with the service I recieved.

Cheers

Wilko
Old 08-25-2005, 05:18 AM
nmc
Members

My Ride: On order 530D Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown Comfort seats,sunroof,PDC, Nav pro,Aux In,Xenons, Alarm, tinted glass. ETD 27.06.07

My dealer said yes. I showed him the pictures supplied by you guys and he agreed to install a cigar lighter socket, for the Monster charger, and the Aux Input socket in the centre console for me. It took two days (together with messing about with my retro fit PDC) and 220 euros. But it's a neat job. Just need to buy the iPOD now. Thanks for all the advice.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by nmc' date='Aug 25 2005, 09:18 AM
My dealer said yes.? I showed him the pictures supplied by you guys and he agreed to install a cigar lighter socket, for the Monster charger, and the Aux Input socket in the centre console for me.? It took two days (together with messing about with my retro fit PDC) and 220 euros.? But it's a neat job.? Just need to buy the iPOD now.? Thanks for all the advice.
[snapback]163153[/snapback]
Good show. Pics would be nice as these center console installs are rare. When u get a chance
Old 08-25-2005, 05:41 AM
nmc
Members

My Ride: On order 530D Platinum Bronze/Natural Brown Comfort seats,sunroof,PDC, Nav pro,Aux In,Xenons, Alarm, tinted glass. ETD 27.06.07

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Aug 25 2005, 03:35 PM
[quote name='nmc' date='Aug 25 2005, 09:18 AM']My dealer said yes.? I showed him the pictures supplied by you guys and he agreed to install a cigar lighter socket, for the Monster charger, and the Aux Input socket in the centre console for me.? It took two days (together with messing about with my retro fit PDC) and 220 euros.? But it's a neat job.? Just need to buy the iPOD now.? Thanks for all the advice.
Good show. Pics would be nice as these center console installs are rare. When u get a chance
[snapback]163160[/snapback]
[/quote]
I tried, but they wouldn't upload, I'll try again
Old 08-25-2005, 06:11 AM
nmc
Members

Smile

Originally Posted by nmc' date='Aug 25 2005, 03:41 PM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Aug 25 2005, 03:35 PM'][quote name='nmc' date='Aug 25 2005, 09:18 AM']My dealer said yes.? I showed him the pictures supplied by you guys and he agreed to install a cigar lighter socket, for the Monster charger, and the Aux Input socket in the centre console for me.? It took two days (together with messing about with my retro fit PDC) and 220 euros.? But it's a neat job.? Just need to buy the iPOD now.? Thanks for all the advice.
[snapback]163160[/snapback]
[/quote]
I tried, but they wouldn't upload, I'll try again
[snapback]163163[/snapback]
[/quote]
Every time I put the attachment in and click either 'add this attachment' or add reply or preview post I'm sent straight to the E60 forum...........index.php page and the message Page cannot be displayed. Don't know where I'm going wrong !

Quick Reply: I-Pod aux socket