E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I feel NEARLY Ripped-Off.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 03:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, I am thinking of buying M166 19" rims from Garry this week. (Seen in this pic off google, I'll post pics of my actual car after its done... heh)

So, my problem came when I started to look for tires. I decided after work today to go visit a few places. I went to a local tire shop, and also an NTB, and realized how damn expensive they are. Retail seems to be a complete rip-off. The guy at NTB wanted $1,571.43 for FOUR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Specifically, 245/35/19 in the front and 275/30/19 in the rear, (are those the correct sizes?). The price included the mounting, balancing, etc. So, is that a fair shake? Furthermore, are those tires the right size for my 04' 530i ???

At any rate, I walked out and immediately came home and posted here. You people know what you're talking about for the most part and I've only had my car for a few weeks.

HELP!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='626062' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:56 PM
So, I am buying M166 19" rims from Garry this week. (Seen in this pic off google, I'll post pics of my actual car after its done... heh)

So, my problem came when I started to look for tires. I decided after work today to go visit a few places. I went to a local tire shop, and also an NTB, and realized how damn expensive they are. Retail seems to be a complete rip-off. The guy at NTB wanted $1,571.43 for FOUR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Specifically, 245/35/19 in the front and 275/30/19 in the rear. The price included the mounting, balancing, etc. So, is that a fair shake? Furthermore, are those tires the right size for my 04' 530i ???

At any rate, I walked out and immediately came home and posted here. You people know what you're talking about for the most part and I've only had my car for a few weeks.

HELP!
Unless you are totally set on going OEM ,check out most of the folks on the forum, they have anything from Miro ,Velocity ,Breyton ,BBS to name a few etc . If you talk to Trinity / Euro Rev they can set you up, for a great set with rubber and you wont be disapointed .............. Also why have the hassle of then getting tires fitted , wheels balanced etc..............just a thought good luck
Old 07-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='626062' date='Jul 16 2008, 06:56 PM
So, I am buying M166 19" rims from Garry this week. (Seen in this pic off google, I'll post pics of my actual car after its done... heh)

So, my problem came when I started to look for tires. I decided after work today to go visit a few places. I went to a local tire shop, and also an NTB, and realized how damn expensive they are. Retail seems to be a complete rip-off. The guy at NTB wanted $1,571.43 for FOUR Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires. Specifically, 245/35/19 in the front and 275/30/19 in the rear, (are those the correct sizes?). The price included the mounting, balancing, etc. So, is that a fair shake? Furthermore, are those tires the right size for my 04' 530i ???

HELP!
Where are you located? Without a really good hook up, you might spend anywhere from $1000-1250. That should include all the extras also. Did you try another type of tire brand? I've got Toyo Proxes on my e60 and they perform just fine.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Contributors

I'm in a suburb of Chicago, (Lake Zurich). I have zero hook-up for any type of people locally on this type of stuff. Garry of Newport BMW is offering the M166 OEM rims for about $1,550 shipped. I'd be open to different rims that look good. Hell, they could even be 18's. I just literally can't stand the 5 spoke stock 17's I got with the car. ANY suggestions or direction would be great. Ideally, I'd love to just get a set of 4 tires and rims already mounted and balanced good-to-go and just have that shipped.

Theres gotta be a better deal than fucking $3,121 bucks for 19" OEM rims and 4 tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Members

i bought them from Garry, and I absolutley love them. I got the M6 offsets so they sit out farther. I went through discount tire and bought the bridgestone pole positions for $980 shipped. I am not doing any stunt or track driving and I didn't want to have a summer and winter set so I bought the all season.

Get them, you will love them!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='626073' date='Jul 16 2008, 05:08 PM
I'm in a suburb of Chicago, (Lake Zurich). I have zero hook-up for any type of people locally on this type of stuff. Garry of Newport BMW is offering the M166 OEM rims for about $1,550 shipped. I'd be open to different rims that look good. Hell, they could even be 18's. I just literally can't stand the 5 spoke stock 17's I got with the car. ANY suggestions or direction would be great. Ideally, I'd love to just get a set of 4 tires and rims already mounted and balanced good-to-go and just have that shipped.

Theres gotta be a better deal than fucking $3,121 bucks for 19" OEM rims and 4 tires!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM nerweezy or r1racer and you can talk to Nolan22 from this thread CSL thread, he just bought the csl's from them.
You will definitely get a better price when you buy the whole package mounted and balanced.
Also you can contact peter from VMR Wheels, they make some very good replicas.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by silver2000stang' post='626080' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:16 PM
i bought them from Garry, and I absolutley love them. I got the M6 offsets so they sit out farther. I went through discount tire and bought the bridgestone pole positions for $980 shipped. I am not doing any stunt or track driving and I didn't want to have a summer and winter set so I bought the all season.

Get them, you will love them!

WOW, Gimme some close-ups of your car! Btw, what size tires do I need? Also, if I get the M6 offsets is that a 285 tire in the back that needs the extender? Was it all as simple as popping off your stock wheels and putting on the new ones?

Please gimme your setup.

Is there a difference in the wheel well space allowed from your 2007 550i vs my 2004 530i?

Here is the price I get for the tires you say you got for only 980??? wtf... (from Discount Tire btw)

Old 07-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Contributors

+1. If that doesn't work then decide on a wheel you like and put up a WTB in the classifieds. I saw a guy selling his 166s the other day tires included.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

Tirerack.com. One of the best places to get tires for a good price!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:49 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='626062' date='Jul 16 2008, 07:56 PM
So, I am thinking of buying M166 19" rims from Garry this week. (Seen in this pic off google, I'll post pics of my actual car after its done... heh)

HELP!
Buy the tires at tire rack and find out from them who mounts the tires in your area. Tire Rack has associated tire stores who will do the job.

Quick Reply: I feel NEARLY Ripped-Off.