E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

how aggressive can we go in the front for wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1093470
There were no stickers on the inside of the barrel and you can only see the sizing when the rim is off which was far enough back that im going from memory so youll have to forgive me if some of its a little off.
Odd the stickers were missing, aside from size and offset they also display build date, bolt pattern, model, and color. I have a set of TE37s here that are well over ten years old and still have the stickers solidly attached to the barrels. Regardless, I'm suprised you didn't read the back of the spokes when you took them off to sell them.

Originally Posted by TakmaN' post='1093482
quickbrick:

Is 19x9.5 et 12 the actual wheel specs or are you running spacers too?
I am running 10mm spacers in front. When I ordered my set two years ago I had to work with sizes offered in the catalog. My fronts are actually what Volk recommends for the rear of our cars. My rears are the standard E46 M3 spec. rear, 19x10.5 +25. Tires are 255/35 and 285/30. Alignment spec is -.8 degrees camber front, zero toe. Rear is stock spec. I would like a little more front camber, but I do not have camber plates.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by quickbrick' post='1093725' date='Jan 19 2010, 05:27 PM
I agree with trying to make this thread a source of information, but it does help if it is correct information. Seeing as you don't really even know what size and offset wheels you had, I hope you ordered something that fits.

Odd the stickers were missing, aside from size and offset they also display build date, bolt pattern, model, and color. I have a set of TE37s here that are well over ten years old and still have the stickers solidly attached to the barrels. Regardless, I'm suprised you didn't read the back of the spokes when you took them off to sell them.

E46 M3 fenders are not rolled, front or rear. Current M3s rears are rolled flat like E60 M5s, the front fenders are plastic and can't be rolled. Current M3 wheel sizing would be closer to what is needed on an E60, but spacers are still needed in front.

I am running 10mm spacers in front. When I ordered my set two years ago I had to work with sizes offered in the catalog. My fronts are actually what Volk recommends for the rear of our cars. My rears are the standard E46 M3 spec. rear, 19x10.5 +25. Tires are 255/35 and 285/30. Alignment spec is -.8 degrees camber front, zero toe. Rear is stock spec. I would like a little more front camber, but I do not have camber plates.
One question for you quickbrick... what took you so long to join these forums?! You seem to be really knowledgable about wheel specs and fitment, especially for running aggressive offsets and widths. Keep sharing info!
Old 01-19-2010, 04:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by quickbrick' post='1093725' date='Jan 19 2010, 05:27 PM
I agree with trying to make this thread a source of information, but it does help if it is correct information. Seeing as you don't really even know what size and offset wheels you had, I hope you ordered something that fits.

as i said it was far enough back that im going from memory and if i was off a bit youll have to forgive me on that but thats what i remembered when i measured the rim.

And yes what I ordered fits, pretty aggressive but fits. Ive seen it on some e39's but have yet to see it on an e60, though fitment for both are generally fairly similar.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Contributors

255/25 and 285/30? thats a chunky tire

now we have to start factoring in suspension mods if you are running that chunky of a tire

also it looks like your working with extended bolts? is that correct?
Old 01-20-2010, 06:40 PM
Members

Originally Posted by TakmaN' post='1093732
And yes what I ordered fits, pretty aggressive but fits. Ive seen it on some e39's but have yet to see it on an e60, though fitment for both are generally fairly similar.
Considering you thought 19x10 +25 might fit in front.... best of luck to you.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1093737' date='Jan 19 2010, 03:48 PM
255/25 and 285/30? thats a chunky tire

now we have to start factoring in suspension mods if you are running that chunky of a tire

also it looks like your working with extended bolts? is that correct?
I have no suspension mods, try reading my first post in this thread again. I have very little room between the rim and strut, so coilover clearance could possible be an issue, but everything is fine with the stock sport suspension.

I am running 255/35 and 285/30 because I like to turn and accellerate. I'm not a big fan of the uber stretch tire thing. Besides, my tires are within .32" of stock height front and rear, and are almost .75" shorter than most of the 20" tires people have here.

I am using Turner stud conversions and Ray's extended lugnuts. I hate wheel bolts.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by quickbrick' post='1094645' date='Jan 20 2010, 07:40 PM
I've been a member since 2007. I choose not to post most of time.

Considering you thought 19x10 +25 might fit in front.... best of luck to you.

I have no suspension mods, try reading my first post in this thread again. I have very little room between the rim and strut, so coilover clearance could possible be an issue, but everything is fine with the stock sport suspension.

I am running 255/35 and 285/30 because I like to turn and accellerate. I'm not a big fan of the uber stretch tire thing. Besides, my tires are within .32" of stock height front and rear, and are almost .75" shorter than most of the 20" tires people have here.

I am using Turner stud conversions and Ray's extended lugnuts. I hate wheel bolts.

Ok great now go ahead and go hibernate seeing that all you have to say are shitty little remarks
Old 01-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Members

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='1094673' date='Jan 20 2010, 06:34 PM
Ok great now go ahead and go hibernate seeing that all you have to say are shitty little remarks
Dude, what are you, twelve? Don't get butt hurt about my comments, it's only the internet. I'll try and protect your fragile ego better next time, but I must warn you I'm not known for sugar coating things.

You asked about aggressive fitment front wheels. I provided solid information answering your question, and your subsequent questions thereafter. Along the way, yes, I did contest that the set of wheels you had previously on your vehicle was in fact not any of multiple sizes you previously stated them to be. You may disagree with my findings, but comparing pictures of your car versus mine, the difference is quite obvious.

I could say far more than my "shitty little remarks", but I don't want to overwhelm you. That, and I'm trying the whole "protect the fragile ego" thing. Take care and good luck.
Old 01-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by quickbrick' post='1094857' date='Jan 21 2010, 08:08 AM
Dude, what are you, twelve? Don't get butt hurt about my comments, it's only the internet. I'll try and protect your fragile ego better next time, but I must warn you I'm not known for sugar coating things.

You asked about aggressive fitment front wheels. I provided solid information answering your question, and your subsequent questions thereafter. Along the way, yes, I did contest that the set of wheels you had previously on your vehicle was in fact not any of multiple sizes you previously stated them to be. You may disagree with my findings, but comparing pictures of your car versus mine, the difference is quite obvious.

I could say far more than my "shitty little remarks", but I don't want to overwhelm you. That, and I'm trying the whole "protect the fragile ego" thing. Take care and good luck.

You provided what you had and made the claims that while I admitted it was a while ago and I was going from memory and the wheels were second hand, you belittled what I had bought and some of my questions.

Go back to trollin
Old 01-21-2010, 01:17 PM
Contributors

For what its worth, I got something useful out of this.

19x9.5 et22 (+10mm spacer) 255/35/19
19x10.5 et25 285/30/19

OEM Sport Suspension
Alignment spec is -.8 degrees camber front, zero toe. Rear is stock spec.
Tires are within .32" of stock height front and rear, and are almost .75" shorter than most 20" tires.
Turner stud conversions and Ray's extended lugnuts.

Mind sharing additional pictures of your car and stance quickbrick? Also, do you see accelerated tire wear due to the front camber?

Your specs are ideal to me and actually close to what I may be running...once I get my car back. I may lean more towards spacers than the stud conversion though.

Please pm if you prefer your privacy.

Thanks.