E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

homemade scoop...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: See sig :)

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='821872' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:47 PM
Good info thanks,

btw, mchamner works for RPI?
Im 100% positive he does haha
Old 03-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by tbal' post='821875' date='Mar 20 2009, 02:51 AM
Im 100% positive he does haha

I'm thinking it's one of the RPI reps created a new username.

Too many people are making a big deal about this, it's DIY part, and I never said it works better then RPI's scoop, hell, I dont even kn if it works at all, it's like those home made mods... so many out there.
If you want something thats proven to work, then go buy the RPi scoop, as for me I went this route.
Old 03-20-2009, 03:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='821886' date='Mar 20 2009, 02:14 AM

Too many people are making a big deal about this, it's DIY part, and I never said it works better then RPI's scoop, hell, I dont even kn if it works at all, it's like those home made mods... so many out there.
If you want something thats proven to work, then go buy the RPi scoop, as for me I went this route.
To clarify do not classify me as someone who works at RPI As i do not, Yes I joined just to stir things up as I saw this and another post that I felt like getting into... I used to lurk on this forum but never posted... I am just a friend and a loyal customer who feels the need to back the company I stand behind... Just ask Jo or Eloy and they will tell you I do not work for them
Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='821886' date='Mar 20 2009, 01:14 AM

+1

IMO: Any worker who is a member of a fan forum, like RPIPower should not join this thread and start to rip people off. This leads to future buyers to avoid buying RPI products and it is not good for a businees so that is why I never ever buy a RPI product now. If they (RPI) want more reputation, they should stay away a thread like this. Have you seen DINAN, RDSport, VF workers posting threads to rip-off ever?

ALL GOOD EFFORTS FOR DIYERS! This is my car, that is your car and those are their cars..... love or hate. Elicit never said it is better than RPI.

We, the diyers have the balls to post threads knowing laughs, rip-off, blah blah will come... and sooooooo?
Old 03-20-2009, 05:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by SoCalBimmer' post='821770' date='Mar 19 2009, 11:28 PM
damn on the real tho...so much drama on the forum lately...I LOVE THE ENTERTAINMENT....pass the popcorn
Where's Queen Amidala when you need her?
Old 03-20-2009, 06:16 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

this has become the Vorateiner vs replica thread!!!! LOL
Old 03-20-2009, 07:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride:

Originally Posted by mchamner' post='821954' date='Mar 20 2009, 06:35 AM
To clarify do not classify me as someone who works at RPI As i do not, Yes I joined just to stir things up as I saw this and another post that I felt like getting into... I used to lurk on this forum but never posted... I am just a friend and a loyal customer who feels the need to back the company I stand behind... Just ask Jo or Eloy and they will tell you I do not work for them

Even if you are just a good friend of the RPI guys, I don't think they would appreciate you getting this all stirred up in front of their customers!!

Best to lay off the negativity.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:44 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ellicit' post='821886' date='Mar 20 2009, 03:14 AM

I'm all for DIY'ers, that's how some of the best things on the market have come to fruition; through trial and error. It's your car; if you like it, leave it.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5

Originally Posted by bespoke1' post='822094' date='Mar 20 2009, 09:31 AM
Even if you are just a good friend of the RPI guys, I don't think they would appreciate you getting this all stirred up in front of their customers!!

Best to lay off the negativity.

+1

also even the RPI fans is downing RPI reputation. Believe me stop saying "RPI" name on threads like this for the good of that company. If you google, it will pop many RPI negatives links. Forums are powerful advertising.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by miguex' post='822115' date='Mar 20 2009, 09:00 AM
+1

also even the RPI fans is downing RPI reputation. Believe me stop saying "RPI" name on threads like this for the good of that company. If you google, it will pop many RPI negatives links. Forums are powerful advertising.

Ok Ok I can't take this anymore

The problem was not that you guys wanted to DIY and see if it worked.

The problem was that some of the DIYers made assertive claims that the RPI scoop did "nothing" and that it was just a "gimmick" which is not true and there are PROVEN dynos on this. YOU guys started off by asserting that RPI was out to scam some people because this scoop issue was so simple that a mud pan could do the same thing.

Now some of the DIYers are saying that RPI is scamming people. Based on what? Nothing. Grow up man. A lot of R&D went into the design of the scoops to make sure they performed.

If you want to stick a friggin mud pan in your car go ahead and do it, nobobdy cares. What we do care about is when SOME people state that RPI scoops are "useless" and "a ripoff" when they have nothing to substantiate the claim.

Do you have any evidence that this guy even works for RPI? No you don't. Stop assuming that he does.

I think its awesome that you are trying something out to see what the result is and nobody is trying to stiffle it. What nobody wants to hear or see is that anymore making claims they have no basis for or any evidence.

Quick Reply: homemade scoop...