E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HID kit help

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its been fine for 4 months but today I went to switch from parking lights to the driving lights and both bulbs did not turn on. I was parked in front of a store so I could see the reflection of the car. I shut the car off and started it again and they worked. I switched to parking and switched back to driving lights and this time the left bulb did not turn on. I shut the car off and started again and it worked fine.

After that the car was shut on/off 9 times and the bulbs started up right away. NO flickering NO "trying" to ignite (when the bulb turns on and off) and on the 1 hour drive home at night the bulbs were the same color and same brightness.

Could this have been a freak incident? I googled around and noticed BMW cars with HID kits often have problems like this. I hope its not the HID kit because the same kit is fitted in my E60 and I have the same HID fog kit for my E60. Its pain getting these things uninstalled and installed.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I turned the car on and off 6 times to see if bulbs will start or not since the bulbs have been cold for about an hour. They work fine I am hoping the glitch was well...just a glitch. I know what failing HID look like the bulb turn pink or it flickers my bulb is not pink nor is it flickering.