E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HID Angel Eye Kit! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 06:47 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Alpine White Options: Nav, Cold Weather Pkg, Comfort Pkg, Black Dakota Leather, Folding Rear Seat Mods: Dinan Free Flow Exhaust, Dinan Stage 2 Software, Dinan High Flow Intake System, Dinan High Flow Throttle Body, Carbon Fiber Front Strut Tower Brace, HID 8000k Fogs, LED Super White Side Markers Coming Soon: HID 8000k Angel Eyes and Lowbeams

I will try the ballast swap.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

JOHN...HELP THIS GUYS....
Old 03-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by GGTill
I have had similar issues. My passenger side HID Angel Eye was flickering every now and then. I have been in touch with John regarding this, he suggested that I reground to a chassis bolt to fix. I finally got around to doing this, and when I did, I lost lighting to the passenger side completely, and an error message started popping up ("right daytime running light"). On the phone with John, he told me to inspect the relay and capacitor - upon disassembly I discovered some corrosion in the relay socket. I ordered a new relay and capacitor wiring set from John (along with a new Black Box) and went to install (last week). After installing new set, I have the same problem - no light (from angel eye) and error message.

I am also wondering: any other members might have any ideas as to what might be wrong?
lol i remmeber seeing george's passenger AE flicker. at first we thought it was simon messing with the light module but after a while it just went out.
Old 03-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

Jashy will soon have a post on this one
Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Hello, hello. I have come to this forum with not good, but GREAT news!

After some blood, sweat, and tears, and almost 6 hours later my really good friend and fellow member (TheRacerBoss) fixed the problems I was having with my angel eye kit. I cannot begin to explain the amount of time it took to plan and test what the problem was and how to surpass it. We saw that the capacitor was blown. The very first time I installed the capacitor it had blown, sent it back to John and now tried installing everything correctly and it had blown and melted the plastic again. So, we bought another capacitor and installed it to the relay on the passengers side, this time quite possibly being 4-5x its size. He then questioned why there were two relays and if that was the reason it caused the kit not to work, so he surpassed the passenger relay and used the drivers side relay since it was powerful enough. TAAADAAAA IT WORKED! You should have seen the expression on my face it was something like.... ..Ok ill stop.

With all said and done, the kit FINALLY works and looks great..Im knocking on all the wood i can find and hope it stays like this for a long, long time!

And if (TheRacerBoss) can be so kind, he would help me fill in anything that I missed, im just so excited to go outside and see the kit again that I rushed through the explanation

Thank you for all your help..
Old 03-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I'll let GGTill speak, but he came by yesterday, and we got it working in minutes.

The solution? Unfortunately, I can't share. Literally.
Old 03-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 500i

Jashy,

Congrats on the successful installation! I also installed my HID AE's today and everything worked perfect with zero issues. The hardest part was putting in the headlamps on the car, it took me and my buddie close to 1 1/2 hour to get them to line up perfectly The kit looks great when you unlock the car, no error codes as of tonight hopefully in the a.m i wont have any either!.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 08FiveFifty
Jashy,

Congrats on the successful installation! I also installed my HID AE's today and everything worked perfect with zero issues. The hardest part was putting in the headlamps on the car, it took me and my buddie close to 1 1/2 hour to get them to line up perfectly The kit looks great when you unlock the car, no error codes as of tonight hopefully in the a.m i wont have any either!.
Congrats man, im glad you didnt have any issues and hopefully none will arise in the future! Enjoy them and take some pics, ill post some of mine tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

hey Jashy,

Sorry I was too busy running around and working and on the phone. First thing that SHOULD have came to my mind with the capacitor. The brand new capacitor could not have been blown. I test ALL the cables before shipping them out. I think your installer installed it backwards first which caused it to blow.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:08 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw

The problem was not rectified even after the capacitor was replaced

Quick Reply: HID Angel Eye Kit! HELP!