E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HELP!! JB+ Service warranty void

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 04:32 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Just go to another dealership without the jb installed and see what happens. The worst that can happen is they say they can't help you.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by ptziems
When I was buying my car I asked the dealer for the entire service history and they told me they could only provide history on any work done at that dealership. That tells me that they cannot see service history at any other dealer.
They might not know what they are doing or they are just lazy. If there was work done at a BMW dealership then any bmw dealership will have access to that data. When I asked for my car's history both my sales person and SA pulled it up in a few seconds and printed it out for my inspection.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

+1 the info is in the system, unless they did not actually do the input.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:36 AM
Members

My Ride: '09 535i

thanks for the info everyone. I book the next earliest available appointment on Tuesday. Is there anyone is Socal in the LAX/Westchester area with a BT scanner to help me clear the codes? I will drive to you and pay you
Old 01-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

I don't think I would clear them because there isn't a code that says you have a JB4 in the car... Clearing them might set you up for the to tell you they can't find anything. If you have you JB4 still in, then read the codes from there and look them up so you know. A local parts store with a reader should be able to read some of them but not all.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I don't think I would clear them because there isn't a code that says you have a JB4 in the car... Clearing them might set you up for the to tell you they can't find anything. If you have you JB4 still in, then read the codes from there and look them up so you know. A local parts store with a reader should be able to read some of them but not all.
OP has a JB+, not jb4...the whole problem is that his car got flagged for having/throwing codes only found with aftermarket parts if I'm reading correctly...so in order to make sure warranty work does not get denied again he should clear the codes....the only codes to be cleared at the "warranty codes", not actual engine fault codes....
Old 01-30-2013, 11:42 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So wait I'm confused a little on what happened here. They detected the JB+ was previously installed OR you took the car in for service while the JB+ was still on it. I'm hoping it was #1 out of the two otherwise you pretty much screwed yourself on that one.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by ptziems
When I was buying my car I asked the dealer for the entire service history and they told me they could only provide history on any work done at that dealership. That tells me that they cannot see service history at any other dealer.
That is not quite true, my old 530 had a complete history in the computer when I switched dealers I serviced it at. I bought it from one dealer, serviced it the first few times at one near my house then switched to one near work and the one near work could see the work history from the previous dealer. I don't know if they can see the notes the previous dealer placed on work records, but they could DEFINITELY see the history of what had been done to the car.
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Persian_535i
So wait I'm confused a little on what happened here. They detected the JB+ was previously installed OR you took the car in for service while the JB+ was still on it. I'm hoping it was #1 out of the two otherwise you pretty much screwed yourself on that one.
It appears he took it in with the JB+ still in it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:02 PM
Members

My Ride: '09 535i

Yep. My dumbass took it in while it was still in. Just to clarify, I asked if I took the JB+ permanently, would they be able to help me in the future? My SA told me that he would "strongly consider" it before helping with power train problems because he's helped people in the exact situation with aftermarket tuners, who promise to take it out permanently. However, he said that once their car is fixed, they put it back in and and simply take it out before bringing it back when it acts up. Hence, I am not sure if my vehicle is formally "flagged" or if its simply "noted" on my last service sheet, since no work was actually done. Not sure if there's a difference

Quick Reply: HELP!! JB+ Service warranty void