E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Heated sport memory seats

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 525d SE

Please can anyone help me, i have purchased some Heated leather memory sport seats and am having a nightmare fitting them and getting them working.

I have fitted the seats and when i operate the passenger seat both seats move and both heat but only the heated seat switch for the passengers side worked but this operated both seats. then i moved the switch from the passengers seat to the drivers seat it works fine but operated both sides ,still the drivers heated seat switch did not work.

i was discontenting things and somehow manged to get the drivers seat switch work for the passenger seat and the passenger switch operated the drivers seat and both heated seat switch worked. At this point i did not test to See which seat heated with witch switch because i remove the battery and reconnected it to see if the switches would reprogram. Unfortunately the lot is now back to the beginning both seats operated by the passenger switch and the drivers seat and heated seat switches do not work

Note i have not been able to get the memory switch to operate but not to bothered at this point.

Anybody any ideas??????????????
Old 07-20-2008, 11:06 PM
Members

Just an update I disconnected the battery and left over night when I reconnected every thing works but still the driver?s switch controls the passenger seat and the passengers? switch controls the driver?s seat. The heated seat switches work the wrong seat but both work and the memory switch lights up.

I then swapped the seat modules over even thou one had L and one had R on them. Left it over night and reconnected unfortunately the switches still control the wrong switches.

Any ideas??????????????????????????????????
Old 07-20-2008, 11:17 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is your car RHD or LHD? (Left hand drive) What about the seats? Are they LHD or RHD? I suppose you've bought them used.

Anyways, you need to code the car in order to reprogramm the new seats.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='628886' date='Jul 21 2008, 08:17 AM
Is your car RHD or LHD? (Left hand drive) What about the seats? Are they LHD or RHD? I suppose you've bought them used.

Anyways, you need to code the car in order to reprogramm the new seats.
The car is RHD and the seats are used from the same year RHD the drivers has memory switches.

How do you code the car?????

I have had the system updated a month ago when i added the multi CD player

Dealers not much use as the say the seats were not an option on my car!!