E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Happy for a very small reason......

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 08:18 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530d titansilver, manual transmission BMW 535d titansilver, automatic + AMG shift Paddles

Hey guys :-)

I don't post hear that often (ok, it's my first one to be honest), the reasons being....I did't really mod my E60 that much, only put some lowering springs on (which settled a lot ) and some kind of Alpina-Replica front lip, because I got it for a good price with free painting....

Anyhow....today I got on my doorstep the first (for me, at least) worthee upgrade, an M5-style front bumper. To clear things out, my wallet ain't that thick, so I settled for a replica for 200 euros w/shipping, and....don't know why but I just felt happy and wanted to share this with you.
Some proper pics will come when the bumper will be mounted, but until then I got just a small picutre (see Attachment). It costs 200 euros as I said, has brake ducts instead of Fog lamps, and it has PDC brackets, I only have to drill the holes. Hope that everything will turn out ok. It's a quite flexible plastic so I suppose the fittment won't be too much of a problem......I hope

And because my car is otherwise quite (ok, very!) stock, I decided (just a small reminder, this car is mainly driven by my dad, so I won't invest all of my dough to make it an M5 Replica ) to alter some very small things.
I'd like to paint/vinyl my chrome trim (around the side windows) in satin black, I think chrome doesn't work THAT well with silver, or is that just me?

And another thing, I of course don't have the M rear bumper, so I have those red reflectors in the rear bumper.
Do you by chance, know where I could find some pics of titansilver E60's with those markers painted in silver, too? Would help my decision greatly

Thanks guys for your help, and as soon as my bodyshop buddy is in business again, I'll post some pics with the bumper put on the car

Have a nice day!
Vlad

Edit: Another short question, as you noticed, I'll have no foglamps anymore....do you know what can I do in order to cancel the OBC error? Are there any resistors (12V 55W I presume) to put instead of the lamps? Not very keen on hiding the old laps and wires behind the bumper Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Happy for a very small reason......-dscf3090.jpg  
Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: White/Tan, Nav, comfort seats, sport steering wheels, sport suspension, active steering, rear window shades, rear shade, heated seats
Model Year: '07-530i

Looking good but you would definately need the side skirts,the rear bumper and the bigger wheels/tires to get the right stance...