E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Hamann Front M tech splitter

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

just a quick question..
i just purchased a M5 Tech front bumper for my e60 from umnitza and wanted to also add a hamann front splitter at the same time.

-Do i need to find a hamman style splitter that says mtech fitment since the oem m5 bumper and the m tech bumper are cut a little different to line up with the fenders..?

is the ebay route for a hamann style splitter a bad idea?

thanks in advance.

-Bill
Old 07-09-2012, 07:17 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by Bill109
just a quick question..
i just purchased a M5 Tech front bumper for my e60 from umnitza and wanted to also add a hamann front splitter at the same time.

-Do i need to find a hamman style splitter that says mtech fitment since the oem m5 bumper and the m tech bumper are cut a little different to line up with the fenders..?

is the ebay route for a hamann style splitter a bad idea?

thanks in advance.

-Bill
If you have the mtech you need the mtech style. Get from jl-motoring or mod bargains. Got one myself. Perfect fitment.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by ColdList
If you have the mtech you need the mtech style. Get from jl-motoring or mod bargains. Got one myself. Perfect fitment.
it is the m5 tech from umnitza.. im assuming this is considered an " m tech" fitment for the front splitter?

mod bargains has it for 245 shipped and i also saw jl-motoring, ill have to go back and check it out once i get verification it is indeed "m Tech" fitment and the m5 tech has the same fitment?

thanks fort he fast reply!

id love to see some close up pics if you've got them..
Old 07-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

dont waste your money. the following types of e60 front ends are as follows: mtech, m5tech, m5 front. if you get the mtech, buy a mtech lip, if you get m5tech, get the m5tech lip, if you get m5 front, get a m5 lip. the front lips are NOT interchangeable. if you ordered m5tech front, just order the lip at the same time. i think there is a discount
Old 07-09-2012, 10:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: check siggg

Originally Posted by ColdList
the op clearly said he had the M5tech front, why would you go tell him to get a lip meant for an OEM mtech?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:14 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

You should buy the lip you want directly from Umnitza since you purchased the bumper from them and if they are selling it for this bumper it should fit. The bumpers are obviously not OEM and you seriously risk a non fitment issue when you start mixing things like this from other venders.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:00 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 E60 528i 6MT, Sports Package, Premium Package, Navigation

If you bought the m5tech bumper from umnitza, then you should buy their rep lip made specifically for that bumper. People interchanging mtech, m5tech, and m5 front is frustrating to me. They are different. Attention to detail please.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

Originally Posted by tonyb635
You should buy the lip you want directly from Umnitza since you purchased the bumper from them and if they are selling it for this bumper it should fit. The bumpers are obviously not OEM and you seriously risk a non fitment issue when you start mixing things like this from other venders.
word to that
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by jasperxli
the op clearly said he had the M5tech front, why would you go tell him to get a lip meant for an OEM mtech?
Yup. You are right. I did not see that. However, I did clearly say that if he had the MTech then he needed MTech splitter. I was trying to say the same thing you were. You must match the splitter with the front end type as they are not interchangeable. My bad. Thanks for catching that.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 08 535i

Originally Posted by tonyb635

Quick Reply: Hamann Front M tech splitter