E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

GruppeM Ram Air

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 03:04 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='1017162' date='Sep 25 2009, 04:02 PM
I would just save 1800 and get the RPI exhaust for (18-20WHP) and scoops (7-12 WHP) for about 1200. You would smoke any car in a race with a groupe m setup. All show and no go? or All go no....well a little bit of show is great if you got the go.

Very much agree, like Scott said: $1800 for an intake is ridiculous - that money can get you ECU, Exhaust AND Scoops and filter from RPI and you still won't be broke.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:06 PM
Banned

Keep in mind guys and to the OP that the sound you would attain from the Gruppe M would be absolutely amazing! Not sure what model you have but atleast with the Gruppe M, from what I have read it does not lose power either and is substantially different from AFE, KN and all other intakes. It is similar to Dinan in that it actually replaces the piping all the way to the air dam in the grilles, so one could use the RPI scoop still. This is a completely closed, sealed CF airbox that is designed to increase airflow via the brand new piping you install and still maintain the closed box design of OEM box.

If money is no object to a degree this really would be an amazing sounding modification. Atleast personally I enjoy a sweet sound as much as anything if not more. I rarely if ever speed anymore. There is just no opportunity where I live. If there are not cops sitting everywhere, there are terrible roads full of pot holes or one reason or another. Sound however, you can enjoy without having to speed and I agree I do not ever want to lose power, I personally would get a Gruppe M in a second if I had a bunch of extra money. I LOVED the sound of my AFE intake but it just lost wayyyy too much power for it to be worth the tradeoff. But intakes sound amazing.
The following users liked this post:
bmwmonkey (02-26-2020)
Old 09-28-2009, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 550i jet black, Loaded
Model Year: 2010
Engine: N62B48

Originally Posted by Diamond' post='1017168' date='Sep 25 2009, 07:06 PM
Keep in mind guys and to the OP that the sound you would attain from the Gruppe M would be absolutely amazing! Not sure what model you have but atleast with the Gruppe M, from what I have read it does not lose power either and is substantially different from AFE, KN and all other intakes. It is similar to Dinan in that it actually replaces the piping all the way to the air dam in the grilles, so one could use the RPI scoop still. This is a completely closed, sealed CF airbox that is designed to increase airflow via the brand new piping you install and still maintain the closed box design of OEM box.

If money is no object to a degree this really would be an amazing sounding modification. Atleast personally I enjoy a sweet sound as much as anything if not more. I rarely if ever speed anymore. There is just no opportunity where I live. If there are not cops sitting everywhere, there are terrible roads full of pot holes or one reason or another. Sound however, you can enjoy without having to speed and I agree I do not ever want to lose power, I personally would get a Gruppe M in a second if I had a bunch of extra money. I LOVED the sound of my AFE intake but it just lost wayyyy too much power for it to be worth the tradeoff. But intakes sound amazing.
Wise words, too bad you're leaving us bro. I'm just surprise no one have any past experience with this fantastic product, it's either RPI or nothing? Have anybody even see this piece of artwork in person? I don't want something that's widely available, I want something exclusive for my car. The ideas' no different than getting a vorsteiner hood than Seibon hood, getting a hamman trunk spoiler than a replica. I don't want to limit myself, that's why I'm here, hope in search for some answer to my question. That's the whole idea of this forum and modding, right?
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by peter griffin' post='1019182' date='Sep 28 2009, 09:20 AM
Wise words, too bad you're leaving us bro. I'm just surprise no one have any past experience with this fantastic product, it's either RPI or nothing? Have anybody even see this piece of artwork in person? I don't want something that's widely available, I want something exclusive for my car. The ideas' no different than getting a vorsteiner hood than Seibon hood, getting a hamman trunk spoiler than a replica. I don't want to limit myself, that's why I'm here, hope in search for some answer to my question. That's the whole idea of this forum and modding, right?
you're catching on pretty fast
Old 09-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by peter griffin' post='1019182' date='Sep 28 2009, 09:20 AM
Agreed, my view is the point of modding is to be unique (because why mod your car to look like all the others?). Anyway, if it is exclusivity that you want and not exactly performance (gains, loss, or otherwise) - go for it, it your car and if you like the sound and look, then get it. People here back RPI heartily because RPI offers proven gains (gains many of us have seen personally in going to RPI). That reason alone makes it hard to back other products that don't offer the same type of proven performance. It's not really RPI or nothing, it's just members have been burned many times by products purporting to offer significant gains that then fail to produce when actually dynoed.

In short - it's your car, your $$$, spend and mod as you see fit