E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

got my aftermarket stereo installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

Originally Posted by JeRZee XiE60
Which shop did the install? Not that it has anything to do with your problem, just curious.
auto trendz in kendall park

anazfin.... thats the first thing the installer said needs to be done is cutting the rear deck and back seat. im thinking where the arm rest in the rear seat folds down cutting a nice area out there and covering it with some decortive clth or something.

nelson ill look into that ground noise peice. orginally i had two matching rockford amps. the 800.4 like u see and a 800.2 to run the subs, but being the subs are like 700 rms at 4 ohms the amp woulda only pushed them at 200x2 at 4 ohms and 400x2 at 2 ohms and there only single voice coil subs.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530i

Originally Posted by inktoxicated
anazfin.... thats the first thing the installer said needs to be done is cutting the rear deck and back seat. im thinking where the arm rest in the rear seat folds down cutting a nice area out there and covering it with some decortive clth or something.
i had a similar problem in mine and i got someone to cut a hole behind the armrest (which is covered up by a piece of leather that was already there). now i just keep my armrest down and its much better.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by misal1091
i had a similar problem in mine and i got someone to cut a hole behind the armrest (which is covered up by a piece of leather that was already there). now i just keep my armrest down and its much better.
thats what ive been reading. when i fold down the arm rest. theres a black plastic wall there. if i cut thru that dies it go to the trunk or is there another layer of metal still
Old 10-03-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

thats what ive been reading. when i fold down the arm rest. theres a black plastic wall there. if i cut thru that dies it go to the trunk or is there another layer of metal still
There are two "walls". The one that you see when folding down the armrest is just a cover. Behind that is an actual baseplate of the backrest. You have to cut through both. The cover is detachable (2 plastic holders on lower edge).

The detachable cover, part 4:

The backplate, part 2:

- Antti -

edit: Oh, they are both plastic and they are very easy to cut!
Old 10-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: M3
Model Year: 2017

im located in central new jersey.

i dont have a ski pass. all i have is a rear folding cup holder. theres nothing that is open between the cabin and the trunk. its sealed like a tank (like u said) the installer mentioned venting the trunk by cutting out some of the rear deck and behind the seat to allow the trunk to vent into the cabin. the bass sounds better with the trunk open, but even so its not hittin hard. i got the standard 4 speakers oem setup. no subs underseat just 4 4's and tweeters

the cost of everthing was this.

2 alpine pdx m6 that i got from the installer which cost me more. 400 each (yes i got ripped)and now that i think about it he said it was the pdx 600.1 are they diffirent. because the noise whine is pretty bad. i thought i was maybe the ground.
1 rockford fosgate oldschool punch 800.4 bought from a freind for nothing because i forgot to pay him
2 sets of 4' mb quart pvf 210
2 eclipse 10s sw 8010 retail for 400 each gottem for sonic for 200 for both
mtx req5 160.00
wires and shit 100.00
install 900.00

i drove to an empty lot and tuned the processor and amps a little and it sounds a tad better but nothing like it should. i truely think the biggest problem is the bass is just stuck in the trunk and cancling out somehow. its not getting into the car at all. like 1200 watts should make the rear view mirror dance. the shit dont even move haha heres some pics... help me.

There's no summing or de-EQ device in that list and the MTX re-Q5 is not the correct device for the E60 HiFi system, that's the problem.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:23 PM
Contributors

the req5 says theres 3 way summming. it sounds good after tunning it some just gotta cut out the ski hole area. and punch some holes in the rear deck
Old 10-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Firstly do you have the Hi-Fi or L7 system.
Secondly where has the inputs to these amps come from. Note : The BMWs do the crossovers in the HU (unless you have L7) so if you take the inputs from the rear speakers, you can add 20 amps and 500 speakers and you still wont get the bass.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:04 AM
Senior Members

Those subs arent really what your looking for, if you want deep clean bass, you should have gone with 12 IDMAX's. Eclipse have always sucked for me.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:34 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 530i 6MT '04 Audi S4 6MT

I'm surprised no one mentioned this already, you may want to check to see if the subs are wired in phase. If 1 sub is out of phase of the other one, you will feel the bass but wont hear it since one sub is effectively canceling the other sub.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:49 AM
Contributors

2 10"'s and a ported box my bass hit's hard and more important clean . All I needed was Technics LOC and now if I want more louder and clearer JBL MS-8 and if I want even more louder (amps,speakers upgrade,etc)you guys get the picture but I think there should be steps in installing your system to get the right sound.

Quick Reply: got my aftermarket stereo installed