E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Got the Dinan 535 Flash Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' post='555812' date='Apr 3 2008, 10:20 PM
By all means do it. You'll be glad you did.

The upgrade is fast and quite painless. That is until it's time to pay for it.
what part of dallas are you in. i wanna compare how the dinan 535 is compared to my 550.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='555782' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:11 PM
lol Nerwizzle does need angels

Jay are you going to be at Eurorev this sat? Im going to be there to install some HIDs
Hey John.....maybe....They need to install my Carbon Fiber mirror covers.

Text me when you go over. 818-822-0501

Jay C
Old 04-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='555782' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:11 PM
lol Nerwizzle does need angels
hahaha thanks guys. yeah i know my fogs are pretty bright now and then you see those angel eyes....
Old 04-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 535i, A/T & Paddle Shifters, AW, NB Leather, Sport, Premium, Nav, 6FL

Congrats bro! Am about to jump the gun as well. Am just waiting on revision 2 reflash that Dinan will release around May. BTW Stage 2 w/ FMIC is almost out and Dinan intake is in the werks. I say race it against a 550i so we know how the Dinan would perform. I'd say 1 CL min on a 1/4 mile.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:16 AM
Senior Members

We should have a Irwindale day. I could arrange a couple ringers to show!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='555898' date='Apr 3 2008, 11:52 PM
Hey John.....maybe....They need to install my Carbon Fiber mirror covers.

Text me when you go over. 818-822-0501

Jay C
Jay Ill try to bring a camera on Saturday (ill probably be at the shop around 2). Ill text you

Nerwyll want to come again and drive the beast
Old 04-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' post='555731' date='Apr 3 2008, 07:40 PM
I appreciate all the information several of you have provided regarding the Dinan upgrade for my 535. I've had the car just over a week and, after passing 500 miles yesterday I had the flash done this afternoon.

It is above and beyond what I imagined it would be. My service advisor, who has been to Dinan driving school, wanted to go on a ride when I picked up the car to see my reaction. The 535 is pretty quick on it's own, but when I punched it after the upgrade I was going 50 mph in first gear before I knew it. At first I was afraid I was going to blow something out, but my advisor let me know that I could rev it to 5500+ rpm very comfortably without creating any issues. Shifting was quick and seemed much smoother. I think I was most shocked with how quickly the car accelerated in 5th gear -- it was whiplash quick even in the higher gears at high speeds.

I came to this car from a 545 (which was very quick), and this car is a beast in comparison. The 535 is a 6 speed whereas my 545 was Steptronic so that probably factors in to the difference, but the driving experience in this thing after the upgrade is magnificent.
Hope I don't sound like a needle in a balloon...Seat of the pants feel is good to some extent and I am glad you are happy. Dinan is very reputable and I am positive if they say there is an increase there probably is but I can't count the number of friends I have that have shelled out a lot of $$$$ for chip upgrades (not Dinan) just to find out their car actually has minimal gain if any. Don't suppose you did any baseline runs with Gtech? Before and after test results are the best way to accurately judge any performance mod. Would love to see the numbers!
Old 04-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Senior Members

Wow! If this is what they did...I bet you can feel it!

From the Dinan website:
Dinan is pleased to announce the introduction of the anxiously awaited Performance Engine Software for BMW 535i and xi models. And as always, Dinan matches the new car warranty coverage for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles, including the possibility of consequential damages. No one offers better performance or backs it up with such comprehensive warranty coverage. The Dinan Performance Engine Software safely increases turbo-boost pressure from the stock 8.8 to 13.2 psi, along with properly retuned fuel mixtures, ignition timing and full map rescaling. In fact, over 2000 engine management functions have been recalibrated, offering substantial increases in power output while maintaining the civility and reliability expected of a Dinan performance product. Some examples include: Remapped Water Pump Speeds. In an effort to more effectively control oil and water temperatures, the Dinan software actually increases water pump speeds as boost pressure increases. Boost Pressure Control. Increased boost pressure exceeds the turbochargers? design limitations at higher rpm, potentially shortening their lifespan. Dinan addresses this issue by tapering the boost gradually at higher engine speeds. This approach also addresses the fact that with increased boost at higher rpm the turbocharger temperatures would exceed the intercooler?s ability to cool the intake charge, resulting in a loss of power and compromising the long-term durability of the engine. The tapered boost keeps temperatures within the design limitations so as to optimize output and ensure engine reliability with the added boost pressure. Top Speed Governor Removed. With Dinan?s software, the 535 will be capable of achieving its natural top speed as the governor has been removed. The results of Dinan?s tuning are nothing short of breathtaking, with the added boost and related recalibration producing maximum output of 384 horsepower at 5700 rpm and 421 lb-ft torque at 4300 rpm. Currently the ECU must be removed and shipped to Dinan for installation of the software for 2008 model vehicles.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, Black on Black, cold weather pkg, Logic 7 sound, steptronic.

Originally Posted by Heloha' post='556135' date='Apr 4 2008, 12:50 PM
Hope I don't sound like a needle in a balloon...Seat of the pants feel is good to some extent and I am glad you are happy. Dinan is very reputable and I am positive if they say there is an increase there probably is but I can't count the number of friends I have that have shelled out a lot of $$$$ for chip upgrades (not Dinan) just to find out their car actually has minimal gain if any. Don't suppose you did any baseline runs with Gtech? Before and after test results are the best way to accurately judge any performance mod. Would love to see the numbers!
I hear you man, but let me tell you that is not the case here. According to Dinan, the 535i after the flash runs at 387 hp and 421 ft/lb torque, and it feels every bit of it. Normally aspirated engines don't seem to get huge gains from boosters, but the turbo-charged engines get gain quite a bit from increases in turbo boost (I don't know much about engines, so I imagine someone on here can explain it much better).

Suffice it to say, I feel like it was worth every penny to add this upgrade.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:51 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DFWRaider' post='556163' date='Apr 4 2008, 02:37 PM
Suffice it to say, I feel like it was worth every penny to add this upgrade.
You bet...after I saw that you get an increase in boost, I have to agree...probably the best mod you can make!

Quick Reply: Got the Dinan 535 Flash Today