E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Golf Tee/Flapper mod?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:26 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: None

Sorry for bring up an old thread but I just did this mod right now.

I have a 2008 535i. I bypassed the solenoid and plugged both ends with the same hose.

So the hose coming from the front of the car is now connected to the hose going to the valve. This is correct? Also, I am going to lose low end torque like some people have mentioned?

Here's how it looks like:

Thanks for your help!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

because noone has replied yet I will do my civic duty for completeness and say what I said in your post in the other forum.

This is the correct procedure for our cars - it is the opposite of the of E90 golf-tee mod procedure and in no way will it have a negative impact on our turbo 535s!
Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Members

My Ride: None

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
because noone has replied yet I will do my civic duty for completeness and say what I said in your post in the other forum.

This is the correct procedure for our cars - it is the opposite of the of E90 golf-tee mod procedure and in no way will it have a negative impact on our turbo 535s!

Awesome thanks so much for responding to both posts!

For anyone who's interested in doing this -- it's definitely worth it and I do notice a slight difference in the exhaust tone.. sounds a little deeper at low RPM. I can tell the most difference at cold start! All and all, it's a well worth mod and best of all it's free only took a few minutes!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by NoQuarter

Hey NoQuarter, I was wondering when I switch out my muffler to the Remus sports one next week, do I just zip tie the vacuum line some where to the car underneath? I figure the muffler shop will do that but just wanted to make sure it doesn't mess anything up.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545 6MT

Originally Posted by G.Sauce
Awesome thanks so much for responding to both posts!

For anyone who's interested in doing this -- it's definitely worth it and I do notice a slight difference in the exhaust tone.. sounds a little deeper at low RPM. I can tell the most difference at cold start! All and all, it's a well worth mod and best of all it's free only took a few minutes!
I just zipped mine, but cut that after I saw this. After I connected the two, it did not have enough vacuum under idle to open it all the way and rattles. Hmmm, maybe I have a vacuum leak somewhere.
Old 08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Senior Members

im confused, so what exactly does this mod do?
Old 08-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Originally Posted by Booyaazaa
Hey NoQuarter, I was wondering when I switch out my muffler to the Remus sports one next week, do I just zip tie the vacuum line some where to the car underneath? I figure the muffler shop will do that but just wanted to make sure it doesn't mess anything up.

Well my exhaust is all stock so I don't have direct experience. However, I would think that just leaving the vac line disconnected would cause the line to continually suck air as it tries to close the exhaust flap and that might cause an error or vacuum leak type condition ??

If it were me, I would connect the lines as shown here so the vacuum would be maintained then the hose that is left under the car wrap up and tie it out of the way as you say.