E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

FINISHED testing of NEW iDrive Interface

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545 i A (XII´2003) , silbergrau metallic, leather Dakota amethyst, dynamic drive, active cruise control, active steering, sports steering wheel, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, protective windows, glass sunroof, sports seats, advanced A/C, phone business bluetooth with sliding armrest, nav business, cd changer, power rear sunshades, manual side sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, garage door opener, shadow line, skibag, run flats, lighted BMW in all door frames, cooling box, illuminated door sills, iDrive interface (Dominic) with DVDplayer
Hello to all ....
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I installed the interface myself on Saturday and it works perfectly ...</span>(I never did something like that before myself, but the instruction was clear and easy to follow) I used the electric supply of the gloves compartment (where you are supposed to put the rechargeable lamp) because I had to remove the compartment anyway to install the video cable .....
(ONE SMALL REMARC : the electric supply in the gloves compartment of my car stops appr. 15 minutes after turning off the ignition - I don?t know whether this is something special in Spain or Europe - in another thread I read about permanent electric supply in the gloves compartment - but that?s no problem for me because the cars monitor switches off with ignition off anyway ....)
thanks Dominic for your invention !!!!!
Mart?n-Alejandro from Spain
Old 11-01-2005, 08:20 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by martinkilb' date='Nov 1 2005, 05:55 PM
Hello to all ....?
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I installed the interface myself on Saturday and it works perfectly ...</span>(I never did something like that before myself, but the instruction was clear and easy to follow) I used the electric supply of the gloves compartment (where you are supposed to put the rechargeable lamp) because I had to remove the compartment anyway to install the video cable .....
(ONE SMALL REMARC : the electric supply in the gloves compartment of my car stops appr. 15 minutes after turning off the ignition - I don?t know whether this is something special in Spain or Europe - in another thread I read about permanent electric supply in the gloves compartment - but that?s no problem for me because the cars monitor switches off with ignition off anyway ....)
thanks Dominic for your invention !!!!!?
[snapback]191879[/snapback]
How much did you pay for this?
How much shipping & taxes?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Members

Hi Martinkilb
I am very glad you are happy with the product and thanks for your support.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by martinkilb' date='Nov 1 2005, 10:55 AM
Hello to all ....?
thanks Dominic for your invention !!!!!?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:54 PM
Members

Hi Nicke60gre
The group price is currently $500 and shipping depends on where you are.
Feel free to call me at 718-763-7367.
Thanks Dominic of www.TVandNav2Go.com

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' date='Nov 1 2005, 12:20 PM
[quote name='martinkilb' date='Nov 1 2005, 05:55 PM']Hello to all ....?
thanks Dominic for your invention !!!!!??
How much did you pay for this?
How much shipping & taxes?
[snapback]191917[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Current - 330 Sport Topaz Blue, Grey Leather, HK HIFI...lost interest!! Waiting for - 535d Sport, Silver Grey, Foldy Mirrors, 172 19",Logic7,Pro Radio,Through load,Heated Front Seats,High Gloss shadowline,Black Maple,Headlight wash,Sun Protection Glass.

Hi Dom,

Im in for a 6.5 I have no nav. PAL unit for me. Live in Newcastle Upon Tyne, count me into the group.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mixterk' post='210028' date='Dec 11 2005, 06:14 PM
Hi Dom,

Im in for a 6.5 I have no nav. PAL unit for me. Live in Newcastle Upon Tyne, count me into the group.

Does this unit give you TV / DVD and playstation capability??

Is it too late for the group buy??
Old 12-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Members

Hi
The newest unit is Pal/NTSC and has 4 video inputs, 3 Audio inputs and 1 audio output. Feel free to call me at 718-763-7367. The unit in the group buy is $500 plus shipping.
Thanks Dominic

Originally Posted by DaveDunn' post='211278
Hi Dom,

Does this unit give you TV / DVD and playstation capability??

Is it too late for the group buy??
[/quote]
Old 12-15-2005, 12:41 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525i, Alpine White/Beige Dakota Leather, Steptronic Automatic, Premium Package, Active Steering, Xenon Adaptive Headlights with Dynamic Auto-Leveling Production On 05/2005 Purchased On 07/2005

Are there any pictures of this thing other than the main menu? I wanna know the difference between the iDrive and this. Or is there a FREINDLY list of the differences of the two so I can understand the terms ?
Old 12-15-2005, 12:58 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Aluminum Cube Trim, M Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Comfort Access, Head Up Display, Steptronic, Comfort Seats, Rear Heated Seats, Through Load, Park Distance Control, Navigation , HK Logic 7, etc

This is all over my head!? My car isn't even here yet and I'm blown away by how much stuff I already want to add!!!
Old 12-15-2005, 06:50 AM
Members

Hi
Sorry but I don't know what your asking.
Thanks Dominic
Originally Posted by arDi' post='211491' date='Dec 15 2005, 04:41 AM
Are there any pictures of this thing other than the main menu? I wanna know the difference between the iDrive and this. Or is there a FREINDLY list of the differences of the two so I can understand the terms ?

Quick Reply: FINISHED testing of NEW iDrive Interface