E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A few more mods... Opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007, 04:08 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey sorry diezel-I should not have said anything since your car looks great and you obviously are in a tough situation over there considering an M5 costs 80k in the USA which is obviously a lot cheaper. But in your case wouldnt a regular old e60 still be a really nice limited car over there considering an m5 is that much>?

But you did the mods nicely and looks great-as always to each their own and you cant argue that your car looks great. I guess I was just annoyed after JUST reading an article about people here in the USA slapping better badges on their cars and to me it just drives me nuts the whole idea that people always want something for nothing and not willing to work hard but willing to work hard to get a fake badge. Which is obviously not what you are doing so I apologize for my comment.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

That car looks AWESOME! I love what you've done. Great job!

As for the wheels, I think you should keep them or buy them. They look great! I also love the side gills.

sleepyca31 - You need to chill man. I've seen a lot of your posts lately and you're a bit harsh with your words. Someone mentioned to me that you got booted from bimmerforums. Try and tone it down a bit. The founders/moderators on E60 have kicked members off for similar behavior. They don't tolerate it. Try not to get kicked off here too. We appreciate your input, but just choose your words wisely.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:14 PM
Members

My Ride: 03/2005mod 535d E61 *Chipped* 350bhp/700NM *KN Air filter *Hamann Style Front Lip *Hamann Style Diffuser *M5 look carbon mirrors *6000k Xenon Kit *6000k Angel Eyes *20" Rims *Black Kidneys *Quad Exhaust *Drilled and slotted brake rotors *EBC Yellowstuff Brakepads - Active Steering, Panorama Sunroof, Sport Seats, M-Package, Anthracite Roof Liner, M-Pedals, M-sport suspension, M-Sport Steering Wheel, Auto Leveling, Navi Pro, CD-Changer, Aux Input, M-Sport Door Sills, Iso-Fix (I have two children). I will post pictures later on... Bought the car 21st of Septermber and went abroad to work on the 23rd of September... Will try to get some decent pictures...

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='427704' date='May 24 2007, 02:08 AM
Hey sorry diezel-I should not have said anything since your car looks great and you obviously are in a tough situation over there considering an M5 costs 80k in the USA which is obviously a lot cheaper. But in your case wouldnt a regular old e60 still be a really nice limited car over there considering an m5 is that much>?

But you did the mods nicely and looks great-as always to each their own and you cant argue that your car looks great. I guess I was just annoyed after JUST reading an article about people here in the USA slapping better badges on their cars and to me it just drives me nuts the whole idea that people always want something for nothing and not willing to work hard but willing to work hard to get a fake badge. Which is obviously not what you are doing so I apologize for my comment.

Apology taken. A very old 530d (11 month 2003) like mine costs about 600.000 norwegian kroner (roughly $100.000 with the M-package)
Old 05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='427707' date='May 23 2007, 05:23 PM
That car looks AWESOME! I love what you've done. Great job!

As for the wheels, I think you should keep them or buy them. They look great! I also love the side gills.

sleepyca31 - You need to chill man. I've seen a lot of your posts lately and you're a bit harsh with your words. Someone mentioned to me that you got booted from bimmerforums. Try and tone it down a bit. The founders/moderators on E60 have kicked members off for similar behavior. They don't tolerate it. Try not to get kicked off here too. We appreciate your input, but just choose your words wisely.
Hmm....I have yet to read any useful input/comments from sleepyca31 and have actually found most of his posts useless, and more importantly, disrespectful and rude to other members of the forum. I don't expect that every member here has to add value to every post but at least most of us are respectful of others and tactful in our responses. I've read that he's an MD but apparently all the years of schooling did not teach maturity (and apparently writing skills).

Sleepyca31, please note that I sent a request to the admins to have you banned from this forum. I'm fine with whatever decision they make but I'm being upfront about it with you. If they choose to let you stay on this board then I suggest you think twice about your posts and put yourself in other people's shoes before you decide to shoot from the hip. It's just common courtesy.

Diezelpower....my sincere apologies for side tracking your thread. Your car looks awesome!!! Please post more pics when you get a chance!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:34 PM
Contributors

Dieselpower,
First of all, I wholeheartedly congratatulate you for the beautiful car, especially, in black. I love black car and I'd get black if its physical propertiess change a bit (easy to maintain, not hot under sun, not swirl show up, etc).
To most of part of the world, M5 is impractical. In US, even gas price is still cheap, I still cannot afford an M5 due to too much gas consumption. I totally understand and advocate you with all your mods. I love M5 looks, too, so I have M5 mirrors, and stuffs all over the place. As long as you're happy with the mod, go with your heart. You've proved yourself right that your car looks totally awesome. I really mean awesome

Mr. so-called SleepyMD,
If you don't like the mod or M5 badge, please don't bash. We should tolerate each other. We're coming from different part of the world with different cultures, so you need to put yourself in other people's shoe sometime to understand why they do it - is it tolerable or need to be corrected?...

M5 mirrors change the look of the car completely, IMO. I bet you can find any M5 word on my car. If I pull my car next to an M5, can could win it on highway/street race since it's mostly due to drivers skill. I'm not ashame that M5 driven by since I truly identify my car is not an M5.

Just FYI, I have a PhD degree (Push Harder and Deeper ) - Can anyone verify that?

If you cannot contribute your knowledge or useful thought to the forum, please just read and don't post. We really appreciate you're here, but don't spoil the forum by using harsh words.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

nicely put tony and fred.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

Fred - Your car looks sick! For a second there, I had to do a double take on your handle/avatar. I just noticed that you changed it. Looks great!

As for you and Tony's comments, you are right on the money regarding you know who... Well said boys.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 03/2005mod 535d E61 *Chipped* 350bhp/700NM *KN Air filter *Hamann Style Front Lip *Hamann Style Diffuser *M5 look carbon mirrors *6000k Xenon Kit *6000k Angel Eyes *20" Rims *Black Kidneys *Quad Exhaust *Drilled and slotted brake rotors *EBC Yellowstuff Brakepads - Active Steering, Panorama Sunroof, Sport Seats, M-Package, Anthracite Roof Liner, M-Pedals, M-sport suspension, M-Sport Steering Wheel, Auto Leveling, Navi Pro, CD-Changer, Aux Input, M-Sport Door Sills, Iso-Fix (I have two children). I will post pictures later on... Bought the car 21st of Septermber and went abroad to work on the 23rd of September... Will try to get some decent pictures...

EuroCarFan:No offence taken. The fora is for everyone, and everybody's got different opinions. If somebody doesn't like what I have done, say it! If someone likes it, thank you guys. I like what I have done, and it seems like people on car "exhibitions" like what I have done too. Thank you guys for feedback.
my530i:Thank you for all the nice words! I'm looking forward to installing your adapter for my M5 steering wheel. The shipping of the parts were extremely fast! I ordered my M5 mirrors from a guy in germany, and it took me 4 weeks to get them!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Members

Cool

Originally Posted by my530i' post='428035' date='May 25 2007, 01:34 AM
Dieselpower,
First of all, I wholeheartedly congratatulate you for the beautiful car, especially, in black. I love black car and I'd get black if its physical propertiess change a bit (easy to maintain, not hot under sun, not swirl show up, etc).
To most of part of the world, M5 is impractical. In US, even gas price is still cheap, I still cannot afford an M5 due to too much gas consumption. I totally understand and advocate you with all your mods. I love M5 looks, too, so I have M5 mirrors, and stuffs all over the place. As long as you're happy with the mod, go with your heart. You've proved yourself right that your car looks totally awesome. I really mean awesome

Mr. so-called SleepyMD,
If you don't like the mod or M5 badge, please don't bash. We should tolerate each other. We're coming from different part of the world with different cultures, so you need to put yourself in other people's shoe sometime to understand why they do it - is it tolerable or need to be corrected?...

M5 mirrors change the look of the car completely, IMO. I bet you can find any M5 word on my car. If I pull my car next to an M5, can could win it on highway/street race since it's mostly due to drivers skill. I'm not ashame that M5 driven by since I truly identify my car is not an M5.

Just FYI, I have a PhD degree (Push Harder and Deeper ) - Can anyone verify that?

If you cannot contribute your knowledge or useful thought to the forum, please just read and don't post. We really appreciate you're here, but don't spoil the forum by using harsh words.

Is the car on the picture yours? If it is: NICE! My next car is going to be white! It is hell on earth keeping the car clean and shiny and without scratches!
I wish I had a chance to get a 545 or a 550. The gasoline prices in Norway are way too high for me to have a car like that! I want a V8 or V10 engine, but paying $250.000 for a car is not my kind of fun.
The car is expensive enough the way it is....don't think my fianc? shares my passion for cars.....
Old 05-25-2007, 06:24 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i M-sports package, carbon black,Beige leather dakota, Steptronic, active steering, anti-theft alarm, sunblinds for rear window and back seat window, interior and exterior mirror with anti-dazzel function, poplar brown dark, comfort seats, PDC, extended lights package, Hi-Fi loudspeakers, Innovation Package (contains Xenon, Headlight washers, adaptive headlights, Comfort access), automatic air-conditioning, professional radio, individual high gloss satine chrome,Sunroof

Originally Posted by cmansbimmer' post='428086' date='May 25 2007, 05:44 AM
Fred - Your car looks sick! For a second there, I had to do a double take on your handle/avatar. I just noticed that you changed it. Looks great!

As for you and Tony's comments, you are right on the money regarding you know who... Well said boys.
+1 there.Very nice pics Mr my530

Dieselpower, dont care what everyone says if at least you and only you like YOUR car. Most of us like it and obviously you do too.
And yes some more pics would be very nice if you get some time

Quick Reply: A few more mods... Opinions please!