E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

A few more mods... Opinions please!

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

sleepyca31, easy buddy... I don't think Dieselpower is trying to be a M5 poser at all, he just like the looks of of the side grilles... There's nothing wrong with that.
That is one nice looking E60!!!

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='426522' date='May 20 2007, 12:00 PM
No offense but why would you stick the M5 grilles on especially-I can see a few of the other things like the front section but if you want an M that badly why dont you get a preowned one. I just think that looks like a total poser when someone tries to make their car look like one that costs twice as much.

I think you could have had a nice clean looking car, with some nice mods But the grill and the rear view mirros? Despite what you say you are obviously trying to fool people into thinking you have an M-otherwise there is NO reason you would get M-side view mirrors-like what is wrong with the stock mirrors for gosh sakes.

Silliness-save your dough bro and get the real ting instead of being a poser

By the way-isnt it embarrasing when you pull up to a real M car or another fast car that knows exactly what the M looks like and how fast is it and they straight out embarrass you. I would feel like a complete fool if a real M pulled up to my car that slapped a bunch of M outer parts on.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 550i..... ex

Great looking car!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='426522' date='May 20 2007, 12:00 PM
No offense but why would you stick the M5 grilles on especially-I can see a few of the other things like the front section but if you want an M that badly why dont you get a preowned one. I just think that looks like a total poser when someone tries to make their car look like one that costs twice as much.

I think you could have had a nice clean looking car, with some nice mods But the grill and the rear view mirros? Despite what you say you are obviously trying to fool people into thinking you have an M-otherwise there is NO reason you would get M-side view mirrors-like what is wrong with the stock mirrors for gosh sakes.

Silliness-save your dough bro and get the real ting instead of being a poser

By the way-isnt it embarrasing when you pull up to a real M car or another fast car that knows exactly what the M looks like and how fast is it and they straight out embarrass you. I would feel like a complete fool if a real M pulled up to my car that slapped a bunch of M outer parts on.
dam, that was brutal...

anyhow, i wouldn't put m5 grills or badges on myself, but rearview mirrors are a different story. have you actually compared the two mirrors side-by-side? non-m mirrors look 'booty' compared to m5 ones. i'd rock them if they weren't so dam pricey.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:05 PM
Banned

Well I stand corrected about the mirrors-I didnt know they were that much better. ANd ok-if you wanted to put the mirrors sure-but adding the grilles (didnt see if it had the M badge on the grill or not), the front, rear, sides etc-Just a little excessive IMO. You should be proud of the car ya got and realize someone will always have a better nicer car out there but it is the same as slapping a AMG badge on a Merc that is not one. Slapping the M grille, mirrors, front, rear, sides-is no different than slapping the actual M badge on.

ANd to each is own-just would be plain humiliated to be seen in a car like that, nevermind actually owning it. But hey looks sharp indeed but the concept is just ludicrous.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Nice front bumper

M5 grills on non M's not really my thing but nice none the less..maybe Hamann Quad diffusor for M-tech and M5 trunk finisher? then no one will be able to tell the diff.
Old 05-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Members

My Ride: widebody turbo E36

Originally Posted by sleepyca31' post='426558' date='May 20 2007, 02:05 PM
Well I stand corrected about the mirrors-I didnt know they were that much better. ANd ok-if you wanted to put the mirrors sure-but adding the grilles (didnt see if it had the M badge on the grill or not), the front, rear, sides etc-Just a little excessive IMO. You should be proud of the car ya got and realize someone will always have a better nicer car out there but it is the same as slapping a AMG badge on a Merc that is not one. Slapping the M grille, mirrors, front, rear, sides-is no different than slapping the actual M badge on.

ANd to each is own-just would be plain humiliated to be seen in a car like that, nevermind actually owning it. But hey looks sharp indeed but the concept is just ludicrous.
FYI, He has a HAMANN full front bumper replacement and not an M5 bumper. And the sideskirts and the rear bumper is an M-Tech Aero kit available for all NON- M cars and also comes with sport package on the '08 550i. If you look at the rear M5 bumper, you can clearly see the difference between the two.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

I stand corrected-but none theless the side grilles and mirrors available only on M cars along with look-alike other parts even if not exactly M style-is enough for me.

Hey man dont get me wrong the car looks great-amazing in fact. Just a pet peave I guess of mine and shouldnt have even brought it up-obviously it doesnt bother you and you have a fabulous looking ride so enjoy it. I am sorry I said anything and nothing personal about your car. Always been a wierd thing that bugged me is people trying to be something/someone they are not and I guess this just reminded me of that but sorry for the comment dude-good job on the car it does look very aggressive!
Old 05-20-2007, 08:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 03/2005mod 535d E61 *Chipped* 350bhp/700NM *KN Air filter *Hamann Style Front Lip *Hamann Style Diffuser *M5 look carbon mirrors *6000k Xenon Kit *6000k Angel Eyes *20" Rims *Black Kidneys *Quad Exhaust *Drilled and slotted brake rotors *EBC Yellowstuff Brakepads - Active Steering, Panorama Sunroof, Sport Seats, M-Package, Anthracite Roof Liner, M-Pedals, M-sport suspension, M-Sport Steering Wheel, Auto Leveling, Navi Pro, CD-Changer, Aux Input, M-Sport Door Sills, Iso-Fix (I have two children). I will post pictures later on... Bought the car 21st of Septermber and went abroad to work on the 23rd of September... Will try to get some decent pictures...

Sleepyca31:Well.... First of all... I'm not trying to impersonate the M5 car... I like the M5 looks, and the gills gives my car a more agressive look. I have the Hamann front, Hamann trunk spoiler, hamann roof spoiler. Soon I will have the Hamann height adjustable lowering kit, Hamann diffuser with quads. And by the way.... Either you believe it or not Norway is a WAY MORE EXPENSIVE country than you will imagine: The M5 preowned costs about $250000.00! Thats why I haven't got a M5. A litre (0.26 gallons) of gasoline costs about $2.0, and a litre of diesel cost $1,67. Can you now understand why a M5 is a utopia for me? I'm working offshore, and compared to a normal salary onshore, I earn about 2-3 times more. Last year I earned about $135.000, but like all other people, I have a house to pay for on the side...The M5 is a dream, but it's not worth it if I'm gonna live in my car instead of a house.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 03/2005mod 535d E61 *Chipped* 350bhp/700NM *KN Air filter *Hamann Style Front Lip *Hamann Style Diffuser *M5 look carbon mirrors *6000k Xenon Kit *6000k Angel Eyes *20" Rims *Black Kidneys *Quad Exhaust *Drilled and slotted brake rotors *EBC Yellowstuff Brakepads - Active Steering, Panorama Sunroof, Sport Seats, M-Package, Anthracite Roof Liner, M-Pedals, M-sport suspension, M-Sport Steering Wheel, Auto Leveling, Navi Pro, CD-Changer, Aux Input, M-Sport Door Sills, Iso-Fix (I have two children). I will post pictures later on... Bought the car 21st of Septermber and went abroad to work on the 23rd of September... Will try to get some decent pictures...

Originally Posted by MarkL' post='426460' date='May 20 2007, 05:10 PM
VERY NICE!! Who makes those wheels?? The offset on the rear looks very extreme which is great, but do they rub?
Nice wheels yes, they do rub in the rear. 11" is too wide if I don't do the fender rolling which I'm not gonna do. My other wheels sent for repair is 9" in the front and 10" in the rear.

Jonsibal:I don't know the offset or I'm not quite sure. The rims are of make Superstar Grandeur. Check link:

http://www.bilprodukter.no/html-sider/fast...-superstar.html
Old 05-20-2007, 08:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by freed0m' post='426477' date='May 20 2007, 06:39 PM
Very, very nice! Is that the whole M5 side panel or just the gills? I really like the wide width of the M5 front quarter panels (minus the gills) and am comtemplating getting them
Again, your E60 looks fantastic!!!
Only the gills. Rieger makes them, and it involves cutting in the side panel...

Quick Reply: A few more mods... Opinions please!