E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eyebrow mod!

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 07:12 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys, im a new member here, i really like all the mods that u guys did, specially the angle eyes + eyebrows.

I was wondering if theres any1 that lives around on in ORANGE COUNTY, California that know how to do the eyebrows for me

thank you
Old 01-26-2010, 10:21 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by najik
Guys, im a new member here, i really like all the mods that u guys did, specially the angle eyes + eyebrows.

I was wondering if theres any1 that lives around on in ORANGE COUNTY, California that know how to do the eyebrows for me

thank you
Maybe you didn't read the whole post. I stated that I am in OC. Post your email, and I will contact you. I have moved to Irvine, but obviously still in OC.

NC916: yah, it's not so easy as just using a sharp knife to cut it open. BMW used some kind of odd silicone rubber that is tough as hell, and if you try to cut it, I guarantee you that you still won't be able to get one side off after cutting it for an hour plus.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

NC916: yah, it's not so easy as just using a sharp knife to cut it open. BMW used some kind of odd silicone rubber that is tough as hell, and if you try to cut it, I guarantee you that you still won't be able to get one side off after cutting it for an hour plus.
[/quote]

Dam I see, so its best to heat up a knife or something sharp and cut it, I believe I read it somewhere.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 530I

Originally Posted by NC916
Dam I see, so its best to heat up a knife or something sharp and cut it, I believe I read it somewhere. Makes me want to go buy an used E60 headlight and just test it out.
[/quote]
Old 01-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Maybe you didn't read the whole post. I stated that I am in OC. Post your email, and I will contact you. I have moved to Irvine, but obviously still in OC.

Hey Man, i live in irvine as well

this is my email najikoubat@gmail.com

thanks for your help
Old 01-27-2010, 09:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2013 535i xDrive AW/Black M-kit

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
So... I was feeling frisky this past Thursday, and on a whim, thought I would shoot the eyebrow mod thread over to my buddy. After taking a quick look, he said the it should be no problem. Feeling jubilant, I made plans to purchase the led's from Radio Shack after work...

Anyway, long story short, I ended up going to 6 Radio Shacks to round up enough of these damn led's... and spent 3 hours after work driving around like an idiot.

At this point, I have 15 led's. To be safe, I asked my buddy (he's in SD) to buy a few more in SD. He was able to find 3. We thought that having 6 extras would be enough...

We were wrong.

On Saturday, he drove up to my place, and we went to work. First of all, the whatever compound BMW used is insane. It took some real hard work to carve the hell out of the thing. We took John's advice, and prepared a metal spatula and hammer in advance, so we can pound and pry it apart. That worked relatively well.

Anyway, onto the de-solder and soldering process... this was the easy part. We tried the passenger side first, and slapped together the first 6 led's... went out to the car, plugged it in... instead of beautiful 6 white led dots, 3 of them were yellow! WTF. Rather perplexed, but not entirely surprised, as the thread did mention some do turn out to be yellow, we went back to work and put another 3 on.

Long story short, it took us a number of times to put on 3 white leds.

And skipping the hell ahead... we ended up needing 2 more white led's. So that means out of the 18, 8 were bad... =(

So anyway, I told my friend to stay over so we can go out and find 2 more in the morning...

Early this afternoon, we finally finished! Without further rambling, here are some pics!

(btw, if anyone else is going to do this mod, let me know and I will point you in the right direction to buy the led's... we figured out a certain packaging always have good ones, despite the part number being the same... or John mentioned you can just buy from him)

First pic is what it used to look like...

i ordered them from radio shack.com i had 2 order about 30 of them before i got them all working and the exact came color.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:01 PM
Members

This looks nice dude!