E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Experience with Vortex Tuning???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh man, I was seriously thinking about geting the TE-37 reps. Now you have me worried. My VMR wheels were incredibly soft and I ruined 3 in one season. Thanks for posting.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Man that sucks. As another member stated, you probably waited too long. However, with that in mind, I still think it's pretty cool that they did give you store credit. Some places would just say "sorry..you're SOL".
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2000 540i/6: Silver
Model Year: 2000

Dude that's pretty good. I honestly thought you were SOL on this one.

If the money is an issue, buy a second set, and immediately sell them. You'll get some of your store credit back...Just sayin.

I would buy a second set, and toss the out of rounds you have now.
Old 03-30-2011, 06:13 PM
Members

My Ride: 535xi Sport
Model Year: 2009

Originally Posted by FRONJONI
Dude that's pretty good. I honestly thought you were SOL on this one.

<snip>
Well, I wrote them back and told them that a store credit wasn't something I was interested in. I'm pushing them for a new set of wheels or full store credit. I'm really not interested in giving them MORE money for product that I don't believe in. And besides, if I used their store credit to buy another set of wheels from them with the intent of turning around and selling them, I'd be hard pressed to break even on those, too. I couldn't sell them for what I'd have to pay them to get them. Just doesn't seem like a good plan.

On the one hand, you could reasonably assume that no one, no matter how clueless, would have a set of wheels out of round on a car and not notice. These are like an inch out of round when spun - they'd bounce like a son-of-a-bitch. On the other hand, maybe someone handed THEM a load of crap and they innocently passed it along. Either way, I'm still on the short end of things.

I've sent them a couple of emails and haven't gotten answers. I called them today and got Sonia who told me it was in her manager's hands right now, which is probably a semi-polite way of saying "tough crap". I'm a little miffed at the lack of cooperation and correspondence with them. I opened a level headed, courteous dialogue with them and I don't seem to be getting the same in return, which seems to be an experience that I've other's have had with this company.

I'll let everyone know how it turns out, but so far it's looking like the only "Vortex" in Vortex Tuning is the one your toilet makes when you flush money down it.