E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Should I do it?
Yes
66.67%
No
24.44%
You will damage your engine with a supercharger
8.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

ESS Stage 2 Supercharger: BMW 530i M54 Engine

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010 | 11:31 AM
Contributors

Here is ESS's claim to fame and the reason I considered this in the first place.....

From their website: www.esstuning.com

What separates ESS from the competition:

-Standard 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty on all street supercharging systems.
-Excellent technical support from trained, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic personnel.
-True OEM quality fit and finish, and designed to fit under the factory hood without any fabricating.
-Designed for maximum performance at safe boost levels on stock unmodified engines.
-Fully OBD-II diagnsotics compatible.
-Fast service and support.
-100% complete systems, even down to the wire ties, making installation and ownership easy and trouble free.
Old 07-31-2010 | 11:55 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Here is ESS's claim to fame and the reason I considered this in the first place.....

From their website: www.esstuning.com

What separates ESS from the competition:

-Standard 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty on all street supercharging systems.
-Excellent technical support from trained, knowledgeable, and enthusiastic personnel.
-True OEM quality fit and finish, and designed to fit under the factory hood without any fabricating.
-Designed for maximum performance at safe boost levels on stock unmodified engines.
-Fully OBD-II diagnsotics compatible.
-Fast service and support.
-100% complete systems, even down to the wire ties, making installation and ownership easy and trouble free.
BTW, that 2 year warranty is only for the supercharger, not the engine itself. Which is what would break much sooner than the supercharger...the engine could probably take it...but that A/T.....hmmmmmmm....
Old 07-31-2010 | 10:06 PM
Contributors

I emailed ESS today with this and got a reply:

Hello Roman,

I'm a potential customer who has been doing a lot of work with IND here in Illinois. I'm interested in your ESS Stage1 SC system for a 2004 BMW 530i with the M54B30 engine. The car has 90,000 miles on the clock and is totally stock except for exterior work. I want your opinion on whether or not it is a good idea to supercharge this engine at this mileage? The car is maintained very well with full synth oil changes every 5k miles, 60k trans fluid changes, etc. I've had a lot of feedback from members at E60.net and everyone is split 50/50 on saying "yes, do it" or "no, it will blow your engine".

Any advice would help. The last thing I want to do is invest thousands of dollars into a system that would eventually destroy my engine, transmission, and so on.

Regards,

Alex

We have never had our product blow a motor. If the motor is in good shape it should not be an issue. You can always have the dealer do a leak down test to verify it is good shape.

Roman Zepeda
ESS Performance Products
E-Mail : roman@esstuning.com
Web : www.esstuning.com
Tel : (602)751-0571
So basically what I learned is........ test your whole car first to make sure it can handle it before doing something like this.
Old 08-01-2010 | 10:49 AM
Contributors

From: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Originally Posted by Howitzer
I emailed ESS today with this and got a reply:

So basically what I learned is........ test your whole car first to make sure it can handle it before doing something like this.
Sounded like a pretty general answer
Old 08-01-2010 | 04:51 PM
Contributors

indeed.