E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eisenmann Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 09:20 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got a shipping notice from Eisenmann, Should be delivered on April 27, 2005.

So by next weekend, will have it installed.
Old 04-23-2005, 01:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Excellent.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:44 AM
Contributors

Just got it from UPS . Agree with GER 545SMG, that the packaging leaves alot to be desired. <_<

I received the Single canister for the race version, not the dual cannister. Now just need to have someone install it.

Have a sound clip from inside the car, and a 76 DB reading inside at 5,000 rpm. Will put up when I combine it with same from Eisenmann.

Need to redo the clip from outside, as did not pickup the sound so well.

Will hopefully post soon for you Andy545.
Old 04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:44 AM
Just got it from UPS .? Agree with GER 545SMG, that the packaging leaves alot to be desired.? <_<

I received the Single canister for the race version, not the dual cannister.? Now just need to have someone install it.

Have a sound clip from inside the car, and a 76 DB reading inside at 5,000 rpm.? Will put up when I combine it with same from Eisenmann.

[snapback]121433[/snapback]
Who did you order through as I got no email reply from a request for info to EisenHaus ?
Old 04-28-2005, 10:37 AM
Contributors

[/quote]

Who did you order through as I got no email reply from a request for info to EisenHaus ?
[snapback]121443[/snapback]
[/quote]

I called them directly to order through Eisenhause.com.
Old 04-28-2005, 01:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Apr 28 2005, 07:44 PM
Just got it from UPS .? Agree with GER 545SMG, that the packaging leaves alot to be desired.? <_<

I received the Single canister for the race version, not the dual cannister.? Now just need to have someone install it.

Have a sound clip from inside the car, and a 76 DB reading inside at 5,000 rpm.? Will put up when I combine it with same from Eisenmann.

Thanks man!!
Old 05-10-2005, 03:50 PM
Members

My Ride: 545i Jet Black, Auburn Dakota, Sport Package, Logic 7, Red rear reflectors, K&N intake filter

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='Apr 28 2005, 09:44 AM

How does it sound ?

Any chance to do an audio clip yet ?

Sorry to bug but I am calling Eisenhaus tomorrow to talk to them and want the dual canister with the vacuum as I bet that helps idling etc due to increase in back pressure when one cannister closed off.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Contributors

Got it installed yesterday, but the car in is the shop getting the amplifier replaced and waiting on the part. With the short stint that I had in it, It is not as loud as I thought it would be on the inside of the car, but I can hear a definate lower grumble outside the car. It is in no way obnoxious when cruising on the highway, as the road noise from the lovely concrete roads down here still overpowers the sound. Sorry I can't give you a better idea, but will be able to give a better impression in a day or two.

I have some vid/sound clips of the stock, and will get some runs in hopefully soon when I get the car back. I will post as quick as I can.
Old 05-11-2005, 09:30 AM
Members

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='May 10 2005, 08:33 PM
Got it installed yesterday, but the car in is the shop getting the amplifier replaced and waiting on the part.? With the short stint that I had in it, It is not as loud as I thought it would be on the inside of the car, but I can hear a definate lower grumble outside the car.? It is in no way obnoxious when cruising on the highway, as the road noise from the lovely concrete roads down here still overpowers the sound.? Sorry I can't give you a better idea, but will be able to give a better impression in a day or two.

I have some vid/sound clips of the stock, and will get some runs in hopefully soon when I get the car back.? I will post as quick as I can.
[snapback]126820[/snapback]
Will probably still go with sport as I really only want it audible if I am at mid/high revs with windows down. Need it to be almost inaudible inside car at freeway speeds with stereo on medium level.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Members

Well, I had a good conversation with John at Eisenhaus who helped to explain a few things.

The dual cannister design is not a sport or race design, it has been produced solely to comply with European emission and sound regulations. Although you can order it for the US it is around TWICE the cost of the single canister design so not really worth the effort.

He also indicated that the 2 sets of resonators on the stock setup make it very quiet system and that the SPORT muffler would probably be too quiet.

Consequently, I went ahead and ordered the RACE muffler and will let you know in a few weeks what I think.

FWIW, how much is everyone paying in the US to get the rear muffler installed ?
Did anyone out of interest get a quote from a BMW dealer for comparison ?

Quick Reply: Eisenmann Exhaust