E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Eisenmann exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 08:30 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about getting the Eisenmann exhaust, the dual not the quad (not cutting the sheetmetal up). Anyone else have it? Should I get the sport or race version? The guy at Eisenmann says he recommends the race version to everyone...obviously a conflict of interest and I would like a little objectivity. Apparently more complain that the sport isnt loud enough than do the ones who complain that their race version is too loud.

Not sure if I will leave the resonator out or not, guy told me it may drone too much by leaving it out and also having the stainless exahust.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Now Driving a Freakin' Prius! Was... 2004 545i | SMG | White/Black | Sport | NAV | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-down Seats | Adaptive Headlights | Cold Weather Pkg | Clear-again Bra | Mud Flaps | Bluetooth | Coat Hangar | Aux Input | All Weather Mats | 18"X8.5" BBS RK w/ Michelin Pilot Alpin's (winter) | New steering rack @ 1.2K & 17K miles| Software V.19.1 | B&B Exhaust (vrrrroooooommm!) <---Click.

I don't have the Eisemann but I do have a B&B stainless piece. (sound clip is found in my sig).
I really feel that it all depends on what you are looking to achieve.

My B&B with the resonators in place are "loud enough" for me, and it is by no means quiet. The people that work for me know when I am about 500 feet away from my office .

I haven't heard the Eisemann in person but I'd guess that their "Sport" would be similar to the B&B. I'd also guess that the Race variant would be more "raspy" sounding and more likely to drone, but not having heard it I'm just hypothesizing (OK... talking out of my a$$ ).

If at all possible, try to find someone that has already done the install, even if on another car. That's the only way that you'll know for sure. Otherwise you'll have to do like me - spend the $$ and hope for the best. Sometimes it actually works out.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:30 AM
Thinking about getting the Eisenmann exhaust, the dual not the quad (not cutting the sheetmetal up).? Anyone else have it?? Should I get the sport or race version?? The guy at Eisenmann says he recommends the race version to everyone...obviously a conflict of interest and I would like a little objectivity.? Apparently more complain that the sport isnt loud enough than do the ones who complain that their race version is too loud.

Not sure if I will leave the resonator out or not, guy told me it may drone too much by leaving it out and also having the stainless exahust.
[snapback]63835[/snapback]
I'm thinking to get Eisenmann exhaust as well. Are you getting it straight from the website? I am going to order it from my buddy who owned a bodyshop at Santa Clara. PM me if you want me to introduce him to you.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Dec 3 2004, 01:58 AM
[quote name='GER_545SMG' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:30 AM']Thinking about getting the Eisenmann exhaust, the dual not the quad (not cutting the sheetmetal up).? Anyone else have it?? Should I get the sport or race version?? The guy at Eisenmann says he recommends the race version to everyone...obviously a conflict of interest and I would like a little objectivity.? Apparently more complain that the sport isnt loud enough than do the ones who complain that their race version is too loud.

[snapback]63835[/snapback]
I'm thinking to get Eisenmann exhaust as well. Are you getting it straight from the website? I am going to order it from my buddy who owned a bodyshop at Santa Clara. PM me if you want me to introduce him to you.
[snapback]63868[/snapback]
[/quote]

Socsfan, we should get together over lunch sometimes since you are inCupertino. I work in Sunnyvale. Yes, am going to buy direct from website and then take it to Craig muffler (also) in Santa Clara. The guy (Mike) is a damn good welder from what I understand. I don't get into Japanese imports, but I know what a Skyline GT is and he had a RHD imported car (grey market) that he was attempting to make CA legal when I showed up to "interview" him

Let me know who your guy is as well. Thanks

BTW, I've decided to go with the "Race" version after listening to some of the sound clips on the eisenhaus.com site. The M5's just sound unbelievable . Realty's car sounds real good too, and I'm tempted. But there's something about the exhaust coming from the "Mother country". We'll see, just hope I'm not disappointed. I'm guessing these guys know what they're doing. The only thing that almost swayed me against them is listening to the first X5 sound clip with the race exhaust. Just sounds horrible. I think I would cry if I heard that coming out of my car. Guy must have removed everything upstream in addition to the exhaust mod, maybe even the cats too.
Old 12-03-2004, 08:00 AM
Members

My Ride: '04 545i SMG, silver grey, grey Dakota leather, dark poplar, 124's, Nav, Logic 7, PDC, CWP, xenon adaptive lights, comfort seats, electric rear sunshade, hardwired V1, Bluetooth, Aux input, Progman 25, poplar wood trim front lower dash and rear cente

Hi GER_545SMG,
I also work in Sunnyvale / SCLA and would like to hear how the Eisenmann sounds after you have the work done.
Old 12-03-2004, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Please let us all know how the install went and how the exhaust sounds.
Old 12-03-2004, 10:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6spd, blk on blk, HRE 540R 20x9 in front and 20x10 in rear with Pirelli PZero Neros 245/25/20 front and 295/25/20 rear. H&R springs, and Eisenmann quad exhaust, V! radar detector, black grille, limo tint all around.

Hi all, I picked up the eisenmann exhaust a while back (the quad exhaust) and you guys are gonna love it. I got the race version and had my resonators removed and it sounds aggressive. I'm really curious to know how the dual exhaust sounds compared to mine. Please post a sound clip after your install and let us all know how it sounds.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:52 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by choi000' date='Dec 3 2004, 12:58 PM
Hi all, I picked up the eisenmann exhaust a while back (the quad exhaust) and you guys are gonna love it. I got the race version and had my resonators removed and it sounds aggressive. I'm really curious to know how the dual exhaust sounds compared to mine. Please post a sound clip after your install and let us all know how it sounds.?
[snapback]64120[/snapback]

How do you think it will work out given that I plan to make no further mods to the car (yet have the sport pkg with SMG)? Too much sound for a otherwise stock car? Tell me this, does it sound anything near the M5's on the Eisenhaus site? Just curious if it is that similar tone. Will probably put the other resonator back in (may test with it out first - might as well)

Thanks for your comments Choi - car looks great. Would consider quad tips, but have to keep things easily reversible.
Old 12-03-2004, 01:37 PM
Senior Members

Hi all, I picked up the eisenmann exhaust a while back (the quad exhaust) and you guys are gonna love it. I got the race version and had my resonators removed and it sounds aggressive. I'm really curious to know how the dual exhaust sounds compared to mine. Please post a sound clip after your install and let us all know how it sounds.?

P.S. Where's your sound clip!?!?!?!? C'mon Quid pro quo
Old 12-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545, Auto, Sport, L7, Pdc, Sunshades, Silver Gray/Black, 19x8.5/9.5 Monet Wheels, Michelin PS A/S Tires, Full M-KIt, B&B Exhaust, 20% Llumar Tint

Did you remove all the resonators (the two small ones and the one large) or??

Quick Reply: Eisenmann exhaust