E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 M5 Space Gray RPI Scoops w/ filters Eibach Springs iForged Daytonas in Matte Black CF Kidney Grills CF Door Pillars CF Side Vents CF Side Mirror Vorsteiner rear diffuser ACS CF roof spoiler ACS CF trunk spoiler Dinan exhaust

What kind of paint r u guys using? Is it heat resistant? Also, what kind of primer? I just got shipment of my spare headlight for testing purposes only got one side to practice.

Does anyone have the LED model/type to get from radioshack? I might just order some from mouser or digikey as they may have better quality LED's that don't have color differences.

One last thing. Do you think I can stick the headlight in my oven to heat up and pull the lens out instead of cutting my lens out? Then afterwards take out that rubber sealing stuff and replace it with RTV gasket silicone?

What is the purpose of the inside lights? I only see mine go on when I turn my wheel. Is that the light I see you guys disabling?

How do you get at just the eyebrow portion without taking apart the lens?
Old 04-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

Originally Posted by aaa_cubed
What kind of paint r u guys using? Is it heat resistant? Also, what kind of primer? I just got shipment of my spare headlight for testing purposes only got one side to practice.

Does anyone have the LED model/type to get from radioshack? I might just order some from mouser or digikey as they may have better quality LED's that don't have color differences.

One last thing. Do you think I can stick the headlight in my oven to heat up and pull the lens out instead of cutting my lens out? Then afterwards take out that rubber sealing stuff and replace it with RTV gasket silicone?

What is the purpose of the inside lights? I only see mine go on when I turn my wheel. Is that the light I see you guys disabling?

yeah i want to know also
Old 05-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Members

Looks amazing. How much would you charge me to do the same to mine?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:01 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

first, you guys have to read the thread really closely, all pages and you will find the answers to most questions...second, the eyebrow is a different mod/thread search for it and you'll find a thread thats like 10+ pages long with all the details you need. but for now, here are some quick answers in goBLUE!

VHT Nightshade translucent paint for the side makers....regular spray paint in matte, satin or gloss finish for the other pieces. i personally would recommend a self etching primer for the non-translucent pieces. no need for high temp paint here. i would also recommend a light sanding for all parts before painting...possibly with 1000 grit paper.

http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite-Shades-Cover-Translucent/dp/B000CPCRS6 http://www.amazon.com/VHT-SP999-Nite-Shades-Cover-Translucent/dp/B000CPCRS6

Go online to radioshack.com to order these directly. make sure you order a good amount because there may be some color discrepancies. or contact member TheRacerBoss because the two sets up headlights ive done this mod on....i used the LEDs he has and they look great IMO.

No. Simply not possible. If you want to get inside of there, you have to cut them open. baking them will not work. the community has looked at this route a million times. sorry.

the light being blacked out is the secondary light to the inner most position of the headlight. its powered by a halogen bulb and usually only seen/utilized when flashing your brights. doing this mod will make them ineffective.

it has to be carefully cut out. there are several methods but nothing works better in my opinion than a sharp blade/knife/razor and a ton of patience. go slowly so you dont cause any damange to the housing, it will be noticeable when you put everything back together.

GOOD LUCK!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 ★ Alpine White

Originally Posted by umichchris
first, you guys have to read the thread really closely, all pages and you will find the answers to most questions...second, the eyebrow is a different mod/thread search for it and you'll find a thread thats like 10+ pages long with all the details you need. but for now, here are some quick answers in goBLUE!

VHT Nightshade translucent paint for the side makers....regular spray paint in matte, satin or gloss finish for the other pieces. i personally would recommend a self etching primer for the non-translucent pieces. no need for high temp paint here. i would also recommend a light sanding for all parts before painting...possibly with 1000 grit paper.

http://www.amazon.co...t/dp/B000CPCRS6

Go online to radioshack.com to order these directly. make sure you order a good amount because there may be some color discrepancies. or contact member TheRacerBoss because the two sets up headlights ive done this mod on....i used the LEDs he has and they look great IMO.

No. Simply not possible. If you want to get inside of there, you have to cut them open. baking them will not work. the community has looked at this route a million times. sorry.

the light being blacked out is the secondary light to the inner most position of the headlight. its powered by a halogen bulb and usually only seen/utilized when flashing your brights. doing this mod will make them ineffective.

it has to be carefully cut out. there are several methods but nothing works better in my opinion than a sharp blade/knife/razor and a ton of patience. go slowly so you dont cause any damange to the housing, it will be noticeable when you put everything back together.

GOOD LUCK!

++++++++++ good shit
Old 05-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Members

is this paint? Love it! would it go on the black ext. color? also, those orange LEDs are changed as I suppose. (yes, LCI are hot)
Old 05-20-2012, 08:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i, Dinan intake, Dinan exhaust, RPI ram air scoop, smoke vinyled taillights and eyebrow on headlights, smoked LED side markers, 17 piece LED interior lights, color matched fog lights to HID's, 20w LED angel eyes, Sprintbooster V2, Gunmet

Looks real good.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525xi led ae's, magnaflow exhaust, k&n filter, carbon filter delete, 19" BBS LM-R. Sprint booster, black tails, euro fresh headlight decals.

Originally Posted by rctmthouse
this mod would go perfect with the blackout (murdered) theme E60.

i have that going, hope i can get this done soon...