E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 05:46 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

dang it! i read thru it all 28 pages....i must have overlooked that part...hmmm
Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 PM
New Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

simply awesome !
looking good and great idea, since i`m far, might do it in a near future. thx
Old 07-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Preview shot... technically I could've finished this set today, but Umnitza did not get the Orions to me this week I have to say I am digging the black paint I used to black out the inside, the already-black piece was painted as well, and now it looks much better.
Attached Thumbnails Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout-img_1760.jpg  
Old 07-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Preview shot... technically I could've finished this set today, but Umnitza did not get the Orions to me this week I have to say I am digging the black paint I used to black out the inside, the already-black piece was painted as well, and now it looks much better.
Wow looks sick can't wait to get mine imma be the toast of the town did u do the lens swap?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:30 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 Monaco Blue 535i Sport/Premium Package

epic mod. just picked up a monaco blue 535 and i'm thinking about a black and blue theme and this could fit in quite nicely. thanks.
Old 07-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Members

My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by Ehssan
madien , the bixenon high beam on the e60 is enough to cover a 2 story villa

dont waste ur money on any bulb replacement for ur angel eyes get the orion

the only thing will stop me from buying the F10 is those stupid angel eyes why its so ugly comparing to the new X5 and the new E92 , look at any F10 during the day and u will seeonly 2 light dots from the buttom of each ring
Thanks for the answer, do you mean to change the "rings" to Orion v2?
Old 07-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spediegunz
Wow looks sick can't wait to get mine imma be the toast of the town did u do the lens swap?

Yes I did. I will take comparison pictures between clear and the Fresnel stock lens tomorrow. I imagine the average person probably can't tell the difference, nor would spot it first thing. However, if you know what you're looking for, they look good. On top of that, you are suppose to gain better light transmittance as well. Lastly, perhaps the look of it will be more obvious (similar to Ehssan's straight shot) once it's mounted on the car.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:50 AM
Senior Members

@nomis_nehc

i actually ran back up to the radio shack and asked them about the LEDs possibly being different color temperatures of white and a way to test them before hand...turns out all you need is a watch battery! touch the right two points to the top/side and the other two points to the bottom and boom! it lights right up so you can see the actual color temp...see the attached pic.

meanwhile....im nearly complete with my first headlight. it took all day yesterday to take my time, disassemble parts, prep/clean, sand where necessary, prime, paint, re-coat, cut out the eyebrows, but out the LED asembly, clean and gut the old glue/rubber, etc....its an ENORMOUS undertaking but then again, there probably would have been no way for someone else to do exactly what i want done i can see it in my head...hard to describe it until i create it lol.

wish me luck!
Attached Thumbnails Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout-photo-24-.jpg  
Old 07-24-2011, 10:23 AM
Contributors

Yeah, I suppose all you need is the appropriate power source. Did you compare the LEDs side by side? That's really the only good way to check, unless the particular ones that are really yellow or really blue.

And now that you have experience with some of this work, what do you think? Should I charge more for installs? LOL.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 AM
Senior Members

I don't even know how much you charge...but now that I've gone thru it...just for the Orion AE install and the Eugene Eyebrows alone I would charge no less than $300 labor. Let alone the fee for taking out the AE assembly and custom painting it like im doing. This shit is ridiculous! lol but I'm having fun (when I'm not cursing out of frustration!)

Quick Reply: Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout