E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: M3 ZCP EX:2005 BMW 535D Sport, Estate, Steptronic, Carbon Black, Black Dakota leather, Head up Display, Profi Satnav, Bluetooth - only MULF module, Bi-xenon adaptive headlights, Sportseats, Cruise control, Active steeringMods: 19
Model Year: 2011

This is really awesome mod!

How is the high beam light level without the high beam only with the xenon's?

Maybe you can guys help me with my confusion, I have my pre-LCI lights and I would like to have my AE bright as the new F10 cars.
Is there any kit you can recommend? There is so much options on the market, but it is really hard to believe all the advertisement as every product is brighter than the rest

Also is there any DIY for the headlights "glass" removal?

thx
Old 07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Many BMW's

madien , the bixenon high beam on the e60 is enough to cover a 2 story villa

dont waste ur money on any bulb replacement for ur angel eyes get the orion

the only thing will stop me from buying the F10 is those stupid angel eyes why its so ugly comparing to the new X5 and the new E92 , look at any F10 during the day and u will seeonly 2 light dots from the buttom of each ring
Old 07-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by Ehssan
look at any F10 during the day and u will seeonly 2 light dots from the buttom of each ring
You kidding me? I've been seeing F10's all over the place here, and their angel eyes look absolutely stunning. It's like two perfect super bright Oo oO's coming at you.
Old 07-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

Ehssan...i need more info/how-to/DIY on removing and painting the headlight assemblies. i looks like painting the hi-beam reflector will be simple enough after sanding, priming and painting, but how pray-tell did you paint the surrounding portion of the Xenon bulbs?

im starting my install tonight and will be going strong all weekend long. any info you could shoot would definitely help. here is what i have planned:

-Orion V2 install
-White LED eyebrow mod
-DKNewYork Eyebrow custom paint mod to white and frosted (but with a slight twist in style/execution)
-Ehssan black-out look of turn signal and light assemblies <----this is the one i could use more info on

i already have the Nite-Shade paint for the black-out of the turn signals and side marker lights, but im not sure how im going to tackle painting the hi-beam and low beam assembly to match the look of Ehssan's method. thanks for the help and inspiration people!
Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 AM
Senior Members

SICKNESS, great job man
Old 07-22-2011, 06:29 AM
Members

I love this... I will def be the crash test dummy on the carbon wrapped guts as soon as I cut mine open!!! Just gotta decide on halos and find the balls to cut them open, or someone local to do is so I can wrap them
Old 07-22-2011, 07:23 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

edit: Sorry wrong thread
Old 07-22-2011, 08:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Ricapar
You kidding me? I've been seeing F10's all over the place here, and their angel eyes look absolutely stunning. It's like two perfect super bright Oo oO's coming at you.
F10 and. Oo oO. Im sure u r talking about another car.

All the rings are the same size in the F10. And plz look again and u will know what im talking about
Old 07-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by umichchris
Ehssan...i need more info/how-to/DIY on removing and painting the headlight assemblies. i looks like painting the hi-beam reflector will be simple enough after sanding, priming and painting, but how pray-tell did you paint the surrounding portion of the Xenon bulbs?

im starting my install tonight and will be going strong all weekend long. any info you could shoot would definitely help. here is what i have planned:

-Orion V2 install
-White LED eyebrow mod
-DKNewYork Eyebrow custom paint mod to white and frosted (but with a slight twist in style/execution)
-Ehssan black-out look of turn signal and light assemblies <----this is the one i could use more info on

i already have the Nite-Shade paint for the black-out of the turn signals and side marker lights, but im not sure how im going to tackle painting the hi-beam and low beam assembly to match the look of Ehssan's method. thanks for the help and inspiration people!
Im sorry dude. Im using iphone to reply to posts. Hope someone else will reply to ur questions

Check with simon if he can help. He is the one who started this thread
Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Ehssan
F10 and. Oo oO. Im sure u r talking about another car.

All the rings are the same size in the F10. And plz look again and u will know what im talking about
Ehssan, my guess is that the F10s you are seeing out there have halogen headlights and not xenon. The xenon headlights' angel eyes are pretty bright, similar to Orions. The thing I don't like about them though, is they look purple-ish unless viewed straight on.

Also, something interesting to add. You mentioned the surrounding shroud for the xenon headlights' chrome wipes off... actually, it doesn't. I am guess that it did for you is because it's hot like hell out there and pretty much melted away the paint, lol.

Quick Reply: Ehssan's Orion mod with blackout