E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 "Photoshoot"

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 01:49 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
Yes the inner ones are high beams and I have turned them on myself on purpose, doesn't come on at with DRL. DRL are outter beams + AEs only.
US spec maybe not, this is the way they're done in Europe at least (same way before the LCI upgrade)
Yeah... sorry dude, I am going to maintain that your wiring is wrong. Other non-US guys can probably chime in. I know for a fact that UK E60s headlights definitely behave the same way as our's. The only difference is that non-US halogen headlights still have self leveler for low beams.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Well since my pre-LCI lights behave the exact way as my LCIs I know that is the correct way for the "pnp conversion"(the car still thinks it has pre-LCI headlights), if I had done the conversion the BMW way with changing the rear lights, adding new LCM and coding then yes it would be different as you mentioned, the wiring is 1 to 1 to the pre-LCI (no coding involved, as per SaS's method) and pre-LCI DRL (with LM1) means low beams + AEs (that's the factory setting, fact not opinion).
I know what you're saying and I might get to code the AEs as DRL in the future, it's just not on my priority list
Old 08-23-2012, 05:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am familiar with pre-LCI halogen to LCI upgrade via harness.

I have done it multiple times for other people, so definitely have plenty of experience there.

With that said, I am not going to argue with you about it. I know what I know to be factual, and it would absolutely make no sense to me that your E60 is the only car in the world that behaves that way when every other pre-LCI and LCI halogen work as I described.

Additionally, EU tends to have stricter laws regarding lighting, so think about this... from your pictures, you have six lit light source. Even in the US, that is regarded as illegal and road unsafe for others. It's why fogs are turned off with high beams (flash or on) in the ECU by default. So it would seriously behoove me to imagine that this isn't the case in EU. And really, from a design stand point, it makes no sense whatsoever. Car manufactures typically design a bulb or LED(s) to be the DRL so it doesn't burn out the low beam due to how important functioning low beams are.

Anyway, I am moving along.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:48 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Navy 550I

love those wheels on a e60
Old 08-23-2012, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
I am familiar with pre-LCI halogen to LCI upgrade via harness.

I have done it multiple times for other people, so definitely have plenty of experience there.

With that said, I am not going to argue with you about it. I know what I know to be factual, and it would absolutely make no sense to me that your E60 is the only car in the world that behaves that way when every other pre-LCI and LCI halogen work as I described.

Additionally, EU tends to have stricter laws regarding lighting, so think about this... from your pictures, you have six lit light source. Even in the US, that is regarded as illegal and road unsafe for others. It's why fogs are turned off with high beams (flash or on) in the ECU by default. So it would seriously behoove me to imagine that this isn't the case in EU. And really, from a design stand point, it makes no sense whatsoever. Car manufactures typically design a bulb or LED(s) to be the DRL so it doesn't burn out the low beam due to how important functioning low beams are.

Anyway, I am moving along.
If you check the UK BMW forums you will find that all behave like mine. Couldn't be bothered to look for the official BMW pdf on pre-LCI lighting on UK spec cars it's all there.
Let me know when you do it on a UK spec car, I've done a few myself, until then it's just speculation
Old 08-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 AW N52 with sports package & premium package; natural brown interior MODs: Orion V2s 3000K H8 Yellow Fogs Matte Black Kidney Grills 20" Miro 111 Hankook V12 Tires H&R Sport Springs Special coding via Simon (dbl flash hazards, digital velocity, etc.) LED Side Markers from Trinity Autosports LED License Plate Lights from Trinity Autosports Carbon Delete BMC Air Filter RPI Scoop RPI GT Exhaust Future MODs: Mtech Kit KW Variant 2 Coilovers CIC Retrofit Upgrade Audio System

Nice pics. Your car looks nice and clean bro.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:58 AM
New Members

Love your car mate

If you don't mind me asking how did you get the Pre LCI's in the front of the car without changing the LCM?

I have rear LCI but I am thinking of doing the front now
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

pictures look awesome!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by skysurfer
N I C E !!

fyi...

If you're going to block your license plate, YOU might as well block the reflection too, WE can still SEE it, lol
Lool Good point I thought I was the only that realized it