E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

e60 OEM windshield

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2012, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on the state you're insured in, glass comprehensive coverages may vary from "free" to $XXX.xx. Most OEM glass is OK ... it's the installation that can make all the difference from wind noise to leaks. And if you have HUD (heads up display) your windshield is different and more expensive.

I just renewed my auto insurance with Liberty Mutual through a partnership with BMWCCA. Aside from a lower premium for better coverage than GEICO,the selling feature include the following. I've not yet (fortunately) had the need to test their coverages:
With BMW Performance Insurance, you'll also enjoy these extra protections and exclusive value-added services:**

Genuine BMW Replacement Parts ? to make sure your BMW stays a BMW

New Vehicle Replacement Cost Coverage ? if your brand new BMW is totaled in the first 12 months of ownership and within the first 15,000 miles, we'll cover the cost of replacement

24-hour Claims Service ? when you need it most, you can count on having a dedicated claims representative to help you

Concierge Service ? as part of our Enhanced Roadside Assistance, if your car breaks down when you're traveling, or simply driving around town, we'll make all the necessary arrangements ? for hotels and taxis, and for notifying family and colleagues of any change in plans

Towing to the Nearest BMW Center ? so your car will be in the very best hands
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by josecebreros
Hey guys, any of you know where i can get an OEM e60 windshield? I got a nasty crack on it and was just wondering if any of you have had yours replaced.. I live in Paramount, CA..
SafeLite came to my home and replaced mine, they even gave me a corporate discount. Prior to the install I shopped around, including several dealerships and SafeLite was the lowest. It's been a couple years and no leaks or wind noise