E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Angel Eye bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:30 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am SOOO jealous!! 51.3 mpg???!!!???!!!!!???! I get freakin 12.8 mpg! In the city and very little highway combined.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must admit to been very pleased with the fuel consumption . There was an article in a car mag over here last year where they had taken a load of luxury cars that had been re-mapped to some racing circuit in Germany to see what they could do when unleashed .

The company that had done my re-map had their own E60 535d AM Sport out there that had the same re-map as my 535d Am Sport . They had it running up to 183 mph on the track and it was recognised as the quickest diesel saloon available at the time of testing . I can well believe it .They have removed the limiter on mine but I doubt I will attempt to better them . Could be expensive.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 525D m sport touring .Space Grey.

sorry to thread jack everyone...

5man who done your remap if you dont mind me asking, ive a 525d touring (3L)and having it mapped is on my list of mods.

thanks

Ray

BTW car looks great.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by ray525d
sorry to thread jack everyone...

5man who done your remap if you dont mind me asking, ive a 525d touring (3L)and having it mapped is on my list of mods.

thanks

Ray

BTW car looks great.
Hi Ray .
The company I used was DMS . I think they are based in Southhampton . Try this link & see if it takes you to their site dmsautomotive.com

They did my Merc E class 320 cdi and it made one hell of an improvement . As soon as I got the 535d I gave them a call and they arranged to send out there tech guy and he did the necessary re-map for me . They will come to your house , your works or whatever suits you . Give them a bell & see what they quote you . There are cheaper tuning companies kicking around but I have seen some horror stories relating to these on other forums .
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by fastfrank
Hi Martin,

Yeah, I thought I was the only one with the problem to start with!

Be sure to post how you get on with John, and you have to post pics if you do get the replacements!

Nice car btw.

Steve.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Had the headlamp unit out of the car today and managed to take some pics of the place of residence for the E60 2007 LCI Halogen set up .

As can be seen from the pics there is one bulb for each pair of halos . There is a glass window covering the 2 optical pickups for the eyes that is flush with the back of the headlamp unit . It is this that prevents the " new style " long nosed bulb from fitting in . There 'aint anywhere for it to go . It is a pig to get out as :
a) you cannot get the wiring plug off when in situ , the back of the bulb holder is almost touching the inside of the headlamp unit

b) you have to work through the 2.5 inch aperture that is exposed when you unscrew the black cover to get at the main beam light .

Luckily my good lady has small hands .

My bulbs will be on the first flight to USA in the morning to have their upgrade dealt with . Will put up pics when job is complete .

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-copy-036.jpg
E60 Angel Eye bulbs-036.jpg
E60 Angel Eye bulbs-039.jpg
E60 Angel Eye bulbs-041.jpg
E60 Angel Eye bulbs-042.jpg
E60 Angel Eye bulbs-bmw3.jpg
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

i like how u took those pix
Old 02-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Members

My Ride: MYSTIC BLUE 04 545I// MTECH KIT//OEM SPLITTERS// M5 TRUNK FINISHER//SMOKED TAILIGHTS// HID/FOG 8000K// EYEBROW UPGRADE// EISAMANN RACE EXHAUST//M5 CLUSTER MOD//Black matte kidney grille// 20'MIRO M6 REP's Flat Black// 20%TINTS// ACS STYLE SPOILER Trunk // MTECV2 ANGEL EYES// LICENSE PLATE LED's // DE-BADGED

what is the best type of replacement angle eyes to replace the stock ones with? looking to purchase new ones for my 545i 04, can any one direct me in the right way
Old 02-07-2010, 08:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I think, if F10 comes to the States in 535d guise, I'll definitely be considering it. Actually, since you've told me how much of a beast this car can be, I was sort of looking at the X5 with that same twin turbo diesel engine (which is sold in the U.S.) - too bad that remapping it here will probably be a little trickier than in UK. But yes, you've got me thinking hard about switching to diesels - especially the part where I can get 50+mpg out of an engine that puts out M5-like numbers

Love your car too - very clean and tasteful
Old 02-08-2010, 04:28 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased these Rdash angel eyes off ebay for $100, which were advertised as no error. Even though they looked something wicked I had to return them because they actually did give an error message on my IDrive system even though the listing and actual box it came in advertised No Error.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RD-US...Q5fAccessories
Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 525D M Sport, Carbon Black with Natural Brown Leather. Media Pack.

[quote name='5man' date='07 February 2010 - 11:20 PM' timestamp='1265584841' post='1106345']

Had the headlamp unit out of the car today and managed to take some pics of the place of residence for the E60 2007 LCI Halogen set up .

As can be seen from the pics there is one bulb for each pair of halos . There is a glass window covering the 2 optical pickups for the eyes that is flush with the back of the headlamp unit . It is this that prevents the " new style " long nosed bulb from fitting in . There 'aint anywhere for it to go . It is a pig to get out as :
a) you cannot get the wiring plug off when in situ , the back of the bulb holder is almost touching the inside of the headlamp unit

b) you have to work through the 2.5 inch aperture that is exposed when you unscrew the black cover to get at the main beam light .

Luckily my good lady has small hands .

My bulbs will be on the first flight to USA in the morning to have their upgrade dealt with . Will put up pics when job is complete .

Thanks for the good pics Martin.

Glad you have got them off to John, can't wait for the "after" pics!
Hopefully I won't be far behind you, although it looks like the weather is against me this weekend (cold and more snow) and I don't have the luxury of a garage that the car will fit in.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Members

Only took 2 years to sort out my " yellow " Angel Eye lights on my 2007 535d M Sport , (LCI)Halogen set up . My thanks to John, " You are the man ".

Took out the headlamps this morning and gave The Beast his new eyes . Result .

Old eyes ....

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-e60-lci-led-039.jpg

New eyes.....

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-new-eyes-008.jpg

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-new-eyes-018.jpg

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-new-eyes-002.jpg

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-e60-lci-led-015.jpg

Quick Reply: E60 Angel Eye bulbs