E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 Angel Eye bulbs

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 12:21 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg
E60 535d AM Sport . Full engine remap to 345 hp 700mn
And WOW that's a beast!!!
That's 516+ ft lb of torque!!! Holy crap, dude!
Old 02-03-2010, 01:13 AM
Members

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-decking-017.jpg
Originally Posted by v_therussian
That's 516+ ft lb of torque!!! Holy crap, dude!
After the re-map the performance is awesome . I have had the traction control light flashing in 3rd & 4th gear if the roads are only slightly damp . The power is used sparingly as I don't fancy replacing the drive train components . The thing takes of like a scalded cat if you do boot it . Drop into " sport " and well ......

The fuel consumption also improved . Tested this out after re-map on a 13 mile stretch of motorway . Just got the Beast in his stride at 70mph and ended up with 51.3 mpg .With diesel at £ 1-14 / litre it all helps
Old 02-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by 5man
After the re-map the performance is awesome . I have had the traction control light flashing in 3rd & 4th gear if the roads are only slightly damp . The power is used sparingly as I don't fancy replacing the drive train components . The thing takes of like a scalded cat if you do boot it . Drop into " sport " and well ......

The fuel consumption also improved . Tested this out after re-map on a 13 mile stretch of motorway . Just got the Beast in his stride at 70mph and ended up with 51.3 mpg .With diesel at £ 1-14 / litre it all helps
It is really kind of messed up we can't get the 535d in the States... maybe with the F10 it'll come in finally.

Those are near stock M5 torque output numbers, and horsepower is in gasoline V8 territory. But the fuel economy is something you just won't see in the States - I think even the Prius gets worse mileage.
Old 02-03-2010, 02:33 AM
Members

It's a shame you guys haven't got the E60 535 d . It is a real animal and the power delivery from low revs has to be experienced to be believed.The twin turbos make a massive diference over the single turbo units. I have attempted a few 0 - 62 mph and it is sub 6 seconds . The Traction Control System kicks in in the dry when you do these take offs so with sticky tyres the results would be more impressive . Fuel economy is very much to the forefront over here as diesel is around £ 5-20 / gallon & unleaded is as high as £ 5-45 / gallon with prices rising on an almost daily basis .

My last petrol car was the Lexus GS 300 Sport Series 2 . Lovely to drive but economy was around 23 mpg . Not good even with fuel prices lower than today . Made the switch to diesel with a Merc E 320 CDI . I had that re-mapped and that went like stick too . When it started getting unreliable & costly to run .... new steering rack , new steering column new air-con components ...etc... the list goes on I thought I would get rid . Had a new Lexus GS430 hybrid for a weekend to try so while I had it I popped down to my local BMW dealer & tried out the 535D Sport for comparison . The BMW absolutely mullered the Lexus on power & economy . Decision made ...2007 E60 535d Sport .Bought it & had it re-mapped. Never looked back

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-nxt-wax-005.jpgE60 Angel Eye bulbs-khan-day-1-004.jpg
Old 02-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Members

I think the E60 is also streets ahead of the offerings from Merc & Lexus . A lot more street presence . The addition of the carbon fibre, silver / grey ,bonnet & boot badges with matching wheel centres for the M5 wheels suit the car a treat .

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-m5-wheels-111.jpg
E60 Angel Eye bulbs-copy-m5-wheels-057.jpg
Old 02-03-2010, 05:41 AM
Members

i have only got 520d. n nw ur making me jealous lk hell man. WHY!!! WHY SHOW OFF lIKE that in front of 520d owners lol, joking only. but still, u got a very good car man!

anyway, 5man, instead of sending ur bulb to US y not let john get it in the US. its only an OEM bulb, im sure JOHN can get one!

that means, if JOHn, u dont mind then can u make one for me too? I want super bright AEs U know I was stressing about getting LCI headlights? I finally made it...but now u needa help me with the LCI bright OEM bulbs
Old 02-03-2010, 06:10 AM
Members

Never thought about asking John to pick some up in the USA

Got them on order now from Stockport . Picking them up in the morning . As soon as the new bulbs are in I'll post up some pics . I replaced my original halogen with PIAA Xtreme whit plus . H7 's for dip & main with HB4 ( 9006) for the fogs . They give out a nice cool white light and are a vast improvement over the standard jobs .Very similar look to the HID's .

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-piaa-...snow-2009-017.jpg

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-piaa-...snow-2009-025.jpg

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-piaa-...snow-2009-027.jpg

E60 Angel Eye bulbs-piaa-...snow-2009-037.jpg
Old 02-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

MTEC V2's are much brighter than the original posted pictures, here are some installed shots, error free or a full refund will apply

Old 02-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

isnt it a necessary that when the bulb blown u need the complete assembly i.e. holder and the bulb? <--- does that mean the whole thing on ur pic?

if so, thats right isnt it? u dont just replace the bulb inside the 'that thing'?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes the whole bulb holder and bulb come as a sealed unit " old bulb ".The bulbs are welded in place on these. Not to expensive to replace . Just spoken to the parts dep't and they are £8-75 each. I will be ordering two of these & sending them to the USA to have them upgraded .

If you get in touch with John , brabusw209amg ,( hope you don't mind me dropping your name John ) he will provide more details .When I come to swop my lights over I'll take a pic of the headlamp unit and post it to this forum.
I just need the bulb. I switch out the bulb, solder on resistors, wrap it and done. Lengthy process.

Attachment 98325

I am SOOO jealous!! 51.3 mpg???!!!???!!!!!???! I get freakin 12.8 mpg! In the city and very little highway combined.

Never thought about asking John to pick some up in the USA

Got them on order now from Stockport . Picking them up in the morning . As soon as the new bulbs are in I'll post up some pics . I replaced my original halogen with PIAA Xtreme whit plus . H7 's for dip & main with HB4 ( 9006) for the fogs . They give out a nice cool white light and are a vast improvement over the standard jobs .Very similar look to the HID's .

Attachment 98352

Attachment 98353

Attachment 98354

Attachment 98355
Looks good! But check out sockets periodically for melting. Lemme know wen you want to upgrade to HIDs.

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
MTEC V2's are much brighter than the original posted pictures, here are some installed shots, error free or a full refund will apply
Much brighter but the past 3 pages already stated it does not work and fit.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

to clear up ALL confusion:

member: speakerboxxz

https://5series.net/forums/topic/803..._fromsearch__1

Quick Reply: E60 Angel Eye bulbs