E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

E60 5 Series with M5 Conversion Kit completed

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 04:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bahamutzyro' post='532455' date='Feb 17 2008, 06:42 PM
1st of all i have an 545i with a full m5 package except the front bumper and mirros at this point. i have a m-tech front bumper. if you like the look of the m5 do it. nothing is fake. i have an m5 badge on the trunk and on the fenders. i dont have the brakes done yet though. let me say this. i can afforrd an m5 because i have a supercharged vette convertible and this car as well as a acura truck. i like the entire look of the m5 but i use my car to commute. i dont want a gas guzzling v10 as i live in nyc were gas is now 355 a gallon. the v8 is a better economical car as to the commuting. i wish i could have bought a diesel version and converted it.if someone asks me if it is a m5 i will say no. and if someone thinks they want to race well i go to my garage and pull out my 650 hp supercharged vette and smoke anyone except maybe a bugatti. so if you want to do a complete m5 conversion? do it. dont listen to people who say its not real. you like the looks and nothing is wrong with that. the m emblem represents motorsports which is a tuner for bmw. so you can add any m items to your car or any bmw for that matter. so the haters that say its fake are exactly that: haters! the m5 is a ridiculously overpriced car. 98000 us? wat the hell. if you can get a 530i sport and add 7000 into it to get an replica of a m5 why would you not want to? better yet you can add a dinan supercharger to a 530i along with the m5 kt and get more horses than a m5 and it will cost you 35-40000 less.

Where do I begin??? The M emblem representing Motorsports is NOT a tuner. It is a division within BMW. Also, you cant make a 530 more powerful than an M5. Dont be silly. Finally, Please take your M5 badges OFF of your car. It's just so wrong. Why not put a prancing horse on the trunk? Same difference, no?

Godspeed
Old 02-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by poleposition' post='532501' date='Feb 18 2008, 03:50 AM
Where do I begin??? The M emblem representing Motorsports is NOT a tuner. It is a division within BMW. Also, you cant make a 530 more powerful than an M5. Dont be silly. Finally, Please take your M5 badges OFF of your car. It's just so wrong. Why not put a prancing horse on the trunk? Same difference, no?

Godspeed

You can make a 545i more powerful than M5 (alpina does it)

even a 3.0L can do some magic: 0 - 60 @ 4.2 sec, if you spend $14K on it

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The ESS TS3 Upgrade kit brings your 6I into supercar territory with performance that rivals some of the fastest production cars in the world. With instant torque and an amazing top end this kit must simply be experienced.

System components:

-Forged, lowered compression ESS pistons, 9.2:1CR.
-Uni-belt SC drive system with TS3 spec SC pulley.
-6 larger Bosch fuel injectors, TS3 spec.
-Perfectly optimized, dyno tweaked 330 TS3 MS43 ECU software.
-E46 M3 fuel pump and new fuel filter assembly
-Detailed, step-by-step installation manual.
-Heavy-Duty drive belt.
-All required gaskets, bolts and installation hardware for engine assembly is included.

*The TS3 must be installed in addition to a ESS TS2 kit and ESS M52TU/M54 SC Camshaft Kit along with exhaust headers. We also strongly recommend porting the exhaust ports 8-10mm wider with the installation of this kit to achieve optimal performance.

A high performance clutch is required and LSD recommended.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Part number: 115-17
Boost pressure: 14 PSI
Horsepower: 450 DIN (Stock 225SAE/231DIN)
Torque: 520 NM (Stock 300)
Correction factor for drivetrain loss is 15% above RWHP as seen in dynograph (RWHP/0.85)
0 - 60: Man : 4.2 sec
Old 02-17-2008, 05:53 PM
Contributors

Nick, with all due respect, you're kidding, right? I can put an M3 motor in my defender and it'll do 0 - 60 in 4 seconds. Silly, right? Better yet, maybe I should just put a supercharged badge on it.
Old 02-17-2008, 07:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='530441' date='Feb 13 2008, 12:47 AM
......and the most important thing (that all moders do/correct me if I'm wrong) you do live the magic, it is an awesome experience, some guys don't like at all, but some others they love what they are doing to their cars and enjoy it.

.......at least we can do any mod we like, of course under our own responsibility. Let us have fun with our little or bigger mods.

Why don't you sit and enjoy what others doing to their cars? Sometimes the results are -at least- acceptable. I've seen other members's modded cars, which I didn't like at all about what they were doing to their cars, but I never wrote a negative comment to those guys. I just don't speak, because I know that when somebody has already modded his car, he only wants to listen to good comments.

Well said, couldn't agree more with you... it certainly been fun for me as well. Eventually I think I'll move on to restoring classic cars, in the mean time I like "individualized" my automobile as a side hobby that I can use/ admire my work everyday. Not that I'm striving to have my car be mistake for "real M5" (no badge for me) just improving the apperance of the car for me.

But to some here in thailand, for the price of the 530i (converted to about US$ 150,000) here.. it is actually cost almost as much if not more than an M5 in the U.S. or other countries. As for the M5 sticker price here.. it's about US$ 454,000. A bit steep for some people who does not have that kind of buying power whether they're in Thailand or the rest of the world..if you ask me, incase some wants to discuss the whole "if it's worth it?" but to each is own I guess...

But like he said, every one all have their personal reasons of why they do it... agreed or not you're entitled to your views/opinions and I respect that. However for me it is best to only say the positives if I feel that way, and keep the negatives comments to myself. Instead of turning the messageboard into a mudslinging contest, about each other view on whatever the topic maybe.

Just my 2 cents
Old 02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ISHBU' post='532554' date='Feb 17 2008, 11:05 PM
Well said, couldn't agree more with you... it certainly been fun for me as well. Eventually I think I'll move on to restoring classic cars, in the mean time I like "individualized" my automobile as a side hobby that I can use/ admire my work everyday. Not that I'm striving to have my car be mistake for "real M5" (no badge for me) just improving the apperance of the car for me.

But to some here in thailand, for the price of the 530i (converted to about US$ 150,000) here.. it is actually cost almost as much if not more than an M5 in the U.S. or other countries. As for the M5 sticker price here.. it's about US$ 454,000. A bit steep for some people who does not have that kind of buying power whether they're in Thailand or the rest of the world..if you ask me, incase some wants to discuss the whole "if it's worth it?" but to each is own I guess...

But like he said, every one all have their personal reasons of why they do it... agreed or not you're entitled to your views/opinions and I respect that. However for me it is best to only say the positives if I feel that way, and keep the negatives comments to myself. Instead of turning the messageboard into a mudslinging contest, about each other view on whatever the topic maybe.

Just my 2 cents

with all due respect you can make a 530I faster than an m5. you obviously dont know about cars. some superchargers give cars 200+ horsepower and with other mods like cold air and chipsets you will get 550-600 hp froman 530I. i supercharged a 400 hp stock vette and i got almost 250 more with my mods at the crank. and lets not talk about turbos. m is a division within bmw that manurfactures perfomance parts. and you can get m parts for ANY model bmw including x5 and 760il. and a b5 alpina has more horsepower than a m5. so you can purchase a 530i used for about 35000 and drop 7000 for the m5 parts and another 8000 in supercahrger and performance and viola!! you got a bettr performing car than an m5 and for less money and more economical on the gas. so put what ever you want on your car.

and no you wouldnt put a ferrarri horse on your bmw. but if you had a porsche 996 and andyou wanted to put a gt3 motor and kit on it would that make you a poser?? i dont think so. the only mods that seperate an m5 from 5 series are minor. and you can mod your car to the point it is equall to or greater than an m5. so who cares if you have badges on your car that are from an m5. it irrelavent. if you like the way an m5 looks and you can convert your car to the exact same look for some 40000 less lol why wouldnt you?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Members

My Ride: 04 545i

IMO

If it's your car, your money . . .

Who cares what other people think.

You can re-body - re-badge anything you want.

If you have the $$$ and like the styling go for it.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:54 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Sport package, Premium package, Xenon 2002 BMW X5 3.0 Modded to X5 4.6is (4.6is body kits, exhaust) Premium pkg., cold weather pkg. rear climate pkg., Xenon headlights, clear all around.

i love when people are saying they dont accept the m5 coversion and calling others posers while they still buy "fake" performance stuff on ebay and put it on their own ride. m5 replica = $40k (from a used 530i) , real m5 = $110K. you might as well just save that $70K for your kids colleges fund and leave others alone with their modding hobby. and talk about asia market too, m5 replica (from a used 530i) = $120K, real m5 = $360K, why the f do i have to spend $240K more while i can get exactly the same look? who cares about 500hp and 255hp difference in asia? they ride bikes for god sake. so next time give someone a little love when i want to mod their car they way they want. good night and good bye.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Cars:2011 - BMW F11 535i, Alpine White, Msport version2009 - MINI COOPER, Mellow Yellow2007 - BMW E61 LCI 530i, Space Gray, Msport version - SOLD2006 - MINI COOPER, Park Lane Version - SOLD2005 - BMW E61 525i, Titan Silver, Msport version - SOLD2003
Model Year: 2012

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='532462' date='Feb 18 2008, 12:56 AM
Hi Marco,

Yes I know, there are many other things but from the outside looks convincing, in the very first view.

The exhaust is custom-made by the owner himself.

BTW Santiago PMed me this photo from our meeting in Germany. Please remind me (or PM me) who are you in the row, because I forgot ...It's been a long time
Also, I can't see Iceman, where Iceman has been during that shot?

edit: Ok I found where Iceman is ... far behind in the left side group

Attachment 44357
Hi Nick,

That's right Iceman is also hidden by the cap. However I am much more visible as I am on the other side from you much more visible, in second row between Skaffa and Attila, wearing the beige vest jacket. Hope you find me.

Regards
Marco
Old 02-20-2008, 07:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi -- took delivery January 24th, 2008 -- Space Gray w/black dakota leather interior and Bamboo Anthracite wood trim, Sport Package / Premium Package / Cold Weather Package / Logic7 / Bluetooth / IPOD / NAV / 18" Star Spoke 124s...BUT I could not resist the M Aero Kit, tinting the windows and adding front/rear blacked-out Roundels

ISHBU and Nick -

Well put by both of you...those not familiar with the price and warranty structure of other countries simply cannot understand what you describe and the exhilaration you feel?so just keep that left blinker on and drive your modded Bimmer (M-pack or M5 look), badged or debadged, down your local highways with pride and that smile that Aznunknownx described and the passion that vl20sas spoke of?..

- Alex
Old 02-23-2008, 02:41 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW E60 525dA - Comf. seat, Hi-Fi Logic7, Navi prof, carphone prof, seat ventilation, Dynamic Drive, Active steering ++ Retrofits:- 9x20 & 10x20 BMW Style 101 w/ 255/30 ZR20 and 305/25 ZR20- 35/35 H&R sport springs - M-sport package- M5 trunk li

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='529076' date='Feb 8 2008, 08:28 PM
and if you open the door, you'll see this

Attachment 44086

The question is: Is it fake?
Fake, because -> It's a button for fog lights..

Quick Reply: E60 5 Series with M5 Conversion Kit completed