E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

DVD portable upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 11:49 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2003 530d E60

Hi everyone,
Being new to the forum I have now switched from 'reading' to 'writing' mode cause I wanted to show you all an upgrade we finished this week.

I wanted a screen in the back so my new born kid could watch it soon, but I didn't want the headrestscreens but only wanted a roofmounted screen (dont know why, I just though it would look better, since you cant see it from the outside...).

My preference is to only have original/oem stuff added (where possible) so I stumbled across the DVD Portable solution. (a standalone DVD player which mounts into a dockingstation) cool thing is you can take it out to view it outside the car. (for example when camping or else where outside).

Obviously, when having the option to watch DVD's in the car, it would be nice to also look at them in the front, so purchased the ACM module, then the DVD playing in the back is also displayed in the front (nav screen).
In addition, we have installed the ACM USB interface, so through the interface you can hook up USB memory stick, harddiskdrive, or memory card reader and listen to digital music, or watch video's & photo's (only in he front though).

The car had to be stripped! since the dockingstation is installed to the roof, not the headliner.
Also, the ultrasoon alarm sensors which normally are next to the roof lights in the middle of the car, now need to move about 10inches to the outside so those are also added new, next to the dockingstation on each side.

Here's some pictures, in case someone is interested.

(Parts added: DVD Portable + ACM module + USB interface + AUX-IN + 2 new alarm sensors)

Next will be a TV (DVB-T) module, but need to figure out where to hook it up to, either the Car, the ACM module or the DVD Portable.

Take care and have a great holiday weekend.

T
Attached Thumbnails DVD portable upgrade-img_0884.jpg   DVD portable upgrade-6.jpg   DVD portable upgrade-7.jpg   DVD portable upgrade-3.jpg   DVD portable upgrade-5.jpg  

DVD portable upgrade-4.jpg  
Old 05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Holy crap, great job. Looks like a lot of work was put into it.
Old 05-27-2011, 07:06 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and here I am thinking if I'll buy the overhead unit and intall it to my car just like I did with my sister's Pilot. Not sure if I want to tackle this now after seeing this.

OP