E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Dropped, not slammed

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 03:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by mwolfe
Where are you going to get the shortshifter?
I got the Z4 lever with a new bearing. Got a new knob too, while I was at it.

Originally Posted by cleung
which ssk are you going to get? I currently have the oem one (373 I believe) and have a UUC SSK sitting at home that I haven't installed yet, I heard good things about the UUC so I picked it up, the 373 is ok the actual height is shorter but the throws are still a little long for my liking.
I think 373 is the Z4 one, but not 100% sure. Anyway, UUC is an awesome brand, but I much prefer Rogue Engineering. I've met the founder of both - and he runs RE now, so I lean with them simply because of that. That said, UUC SSK is DEFINITELY a great product. Not sure whether it will make your actual throws that much shorter though. I'd appreciate if you keep me in the loop on this. I went with the Z4 lever, because of the price - it was 70 bucks vs whatever UUC or Rogue cost (I think 300-400 hundred range).
Old 03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Members

Looks sweet man - congrats! I have a set of springs in my basement waiting on install. I saw your post and made the appointment... Thanks for the pics and its gonna look sick with the 19s.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:42 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535Xi Platinum Metalic Gray, Black Dakota Comfort pkg, Cold weather pkg.

V where do you guys take a ride to?
Old 03-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by franco5
Looks sweet man - congrats! I have a set of springs in my basement waiting on install. I saw your post and made the appointment... Thanks for the pics and its gonna look sick with the 19s.
Depending on your mileage, you may want to get the Bilsteins. With time, the original dampers become worn, as do the mounts - that may ruin your ride.

Originally Posted by Brant535
V where do you guys take a ride to?
You know I'm gonna make you find out the hard way, bro!

I do have a couple of really sweet S-curves back-to-back really close to my house, and there are a few places here and there, but city is tricky - I never do anything stupid where there are people. I'm way too old and know way too much about how many things can go wrong - and how suddenly it always happens. I try to hit up empty lots and old airports for testing the car.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535Xi Platinum Metalic Gray, Black Dakota Comfort pkg, Cold weather pkg.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Depending on your mileage, you may want to get the Bilsteins. With time, the original dampers become worn, as do the mounts - that may ruin your ride.

You know I'm gonna make you find out the hard way, bro!

I do have a couple of really sweet S-curves back-to-back really close to my house, and there are a few places here and there, but city is tricky - I never do anything stupid where there are people. I'm way too old and know way too much about how many things can go wrong - and how suddenly it always happens. I try to hit up empty lots and old airports for testing the car.
I've been riding sport bikes for 14 years now, living in Westchester I am no stranger to good roads, I was just wondering if people got together for rides I would be down
Old 03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 M5

I knew I taught you a thing or two about shopping around... lmao.

Car looks good
Old 03-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Brant535
I've been riding sport bikes for 14 years now, living in Westchester I am no stranger to good roads, I was just wondering if people got together for rides I would be down
A friend dropped a biker road site - which I'm... forgetting the name of right now - but it is for sure really great for some country rides on a lazy afternoon

Originally Posted by 545ier
I knew I taught you a thing or two about shopping around... lmao.

Car looks good
You taught me "buyer beware"!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Banned

Sweet!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by IvoryJ
Sweet!
Thank you!
Old 03-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Contributors

Just updating with some pics from this morning to show how it is settling. The front is noticeably lower now and it even got me so paranoid, that I started emailing the vendor, re-checking orders and making sure the right parts were ordered and delivered. I'm guessing - "guestimating" - that the rear will take a little longer to settle, simply because the front axle's weight resides almost directly over it, whereas the rear weight is more spread out and will take longer to affect the settling. Worst case - I might have to swap the rear dampers out, IF it does turn out that the parts are wrong (which so far does NOT seem to be the case). I'll await impatiently. Got a long drive (about 600-700 miles) planned this weekend, so hope that will help.

Here's a side-view from this morning:
Dropped, not slammed-sideview-032911.png

I fingered the front and the rear on camera for a good measure (pardon the pun ):

Front:
Dropped, not slammed-front-032911.jpg

Rear:
Dropped, not slammed-rear-032911.png

Quick Reply: Dropped, not slammed