E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Downpipe - Finally…Affordable

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 PM
New Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nyulak
Yep, I received a response last night letting me know that these won't fit an xi.

All well...
That's too bad

I know, I've been waiting for DP's for a while
Old 04-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by darkrider
I had seen the N54tech post even before this one, and I'm holding out for dynos personally. No doubt the stock downpipe is restrictive, and if this dynos well and is easier to install, then this will surely be a hit!
I'm second to get these installed. I have personally vetted the owner of Dr Euro and I'm 100% CONVINCED these will be the bees knees. He has done lots of R&R and he knows his shit better than most BMW Techs I've spoken with.

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
Yeah, I agree with Darkrider, I am waiting to see the finish product and I want soundclips too. I am still on the fence about kitties or kittiless as I don't want it too loud as I plan on installing a dual exhaust on my 535i
The finished product will be worth your investment.

Why would you want a quad exhaust on your car? You will lose power 100%. Not going to get into semantics. Had Quad Set Up on my old 2008 550. Waste of money. Looked good but why add an exhaust if you won't gain?

There are far smarter people here who can argue the 'whys' better than I. Just know BMW knows what its doing. RPI makes the best exhaust for the 535i and you have to special order it. The Billy Boat and Magna Flow Options are garbage. No better from a power production standpoint and perhaps worse than OEM.

If you are OK with power loss but want improved aesthetics...disregard my post entirely.

Jay C
Old 04-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang
I'm second to get these installed. I have personally vetted the owner of Dr Euro and I'm 100% CONVINCED these will be the bees knees. He has done lots of R&R and he knows his shit better than most BMW Techs I've spoken with.

Why would you want a quad exhaust on your car? You will lose power 100%. Not going to get into semantics. Had Quad Set Up on my old 2008 550. Waste of money. Looked good but why add an exhaust if you won't gain?

There are far smarter people here who can argue the 'whys' better than I. Just know BMW knows what its doing. RPI makes the best exhaust for the 535i and you have to special order it. The Billy Boat and Magna Flow Options are garbage. No better from a power production standpoint and perhaps worse than OEM.

If you are OK with power loss but want improved aesthetics...disregard my post entirely.

Jay C

Yeah, you're probably right about the quads. I like the look, not with the M5 bumper so much, but the mtech carbon fiber...That's where the money's at! I think I will front the money for a dinan, only thing is is that no one really posts their exhaust sound clips of exhaust for a 535i. I would like more to compare with, meaning with kitty DP vs. kittyless DP or even just a DP in general.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:50 PM
New Members

Default 450 HP 481 TQ - New Dr Euro DP's - Dyno Results

UPDATE:

450 HP 481 TQ - New Dr Euro DP's - Dyno Results

Love my new found power.

These Dr. Euro DP's feels, looks and sounds amazing.

Well worth the wait.

Quoted by Terry
Burger Motorsport

535 Dr Euro DP Dyno Testing -
Today, 12:43 PM
Hey guys,

Had a chance to meet up with Adam at the dyno today and retest his modified stock turbo 535. Only this time, he has the new Dr Euro downpipes installed.

The car sounded sweet and dyno gains were impressive. The car is running a JB4, bms flash, downpipes, dci, occ, catback, stock intercooler, and an option2 inline pump.

We did a few runs on 91 octane and then a few runs on E60. The E60 mix worked out about perfect for map 7 but his "melter map" 6 would be happier with something in the E70 range.

Attached are some charts comparing before/after the downpipes at various power levels. On the pre downpipe map 1 91 octane run we made less power than expected back then and I didn't realize until after that testing that I had accidentally left the flash settings on the JB4 end. This time around we left the bms pump flash in place for the 91 octane testing. So we can't credit the entire gain there on 91 octane to the downpipes but likely more than half.

The E85 testing was a fairly apples to apples comparison (same boost & advance targets) showcasing the gains from the downpipes alone. Which were quite impressive.

2008 BMW 535i
JB4 G5, BMS Flash ( Updated FW ), BMS DCI
Dr. Euro DP
Eisenmann Exhaust - Race ( Quad setup )
ER CP
AEM 320 ( in tank lpfp )
Attached Thumbnails -dyno_all.jpg   -log1.jpg   -log2.jpg   -img_1390.jpg  
Old 06-20-2013, 01:25 PM
New Members

Default Dr Euro E60 DP with Eisenmann

Here's my sound clip

Dr Euro E60 DP with Eisenmann

Last edited by PC Mac Dr; 06-20-2013 at 01:29 PM. Reason: url video
Old 06-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Jay C
I realize my response is off-topic from the OP's direction of this thread but I simply have to call you out. You sir are incorrect regarding losses of the dual exhaust on the 550i. Go find a 550i, install a dual exhaust and do some dyno pulls. I did because I heard the rumors and wanted to verify for myself...and was pleasantly surprised when we saw consistent gains. I've posted a couple exhaust dyno's on this forum for the 550i, all showing some gains. Do some searching. You don't have to take my word for it though. Go to Supersprints website and check out their dyno results on their full/dual exhaust setups for the 550i. If you don't believe them, reach out and contact RD Sport...or..

OP, your setup kicks serious butt. Keep up the great work! Sounds good, too.

Last edited by west; 06-20-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 08:44 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by west
I realize my response is off-topic from the OP's direction of this thread but I simply have to call you out. You sir are incorrect regarding losses of the dual exhaust on the 550i. Go find a 550i, install a dual exhaust and do some dyno pulls. I did because I heard the rumors and wanted to verify for myself...and was pleasantly surprised when we saw consistent gains. I've posted a couple exhaust dyno's on this forum for the 550i, all showing some gains. Do some searching. You don't have to take my word for it though. Go to Supersprints website and check out their dyno results on their full/dual exhaust setups for the 550i. If you don't believe them, reach out and contact RD Sport...or..

OP, your setup kicks serious butt. Keep up the great work! Sounds good, too.
ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

Supersprint and RD Sports have a Dual with a Fake "quad". Of course they make power. What I was talking about was a custom fabricated Quad Exhaust back from the 2ndary cats. (read bolt on axle back)

I'm sure there is something out there which is a real quad exhaust which makes or at least doesn't lose power-but it would be the exception. I have seen lots of "Quad Exhausts" on V8 BMW's which sound amazing and lose power.

Call the owner of RPI and ask him about V-8 Quad Exhausts on the BMW. He had my 550i for about a month back in 2008 and did lots of R&D. Unless you go header back, it's unlikely you'll make any power.

But hey...your opinion is your opinion. I have a 2008 535i which by the end of the year might be one of the most powerful on the planet-and you won't see a Quad Exhaust on my car.

Straight Dual baby. Dinan Axle Back along with Dr Euro Downpipes and she sounds damn
for a TT Inline 6. And this is before RB Turbos and Aquamist HSF-4-all coming soon.

Jay C
Old 06-20-2013, 08:51 PM
Senior Members

ABSOLUTE NONSENSE!

Supersprint and RD Sports have a Dual with a Fake "quad". Of course they make power. What I was talking about was a custom fabricated Quad Exhaust back from the 2ndary cats. (read bolt on axle back)

I'm sure there is something out there which is a real quad exhaust which makes or at least doesn't lose power-but it would be the exception. I have seen lots of "Quad Exhausts" on V8 BMW's which sound amazing and lose power.

Call the owner of RPI and ask him about V-8 Quad Exhausts on the BMW. He had my 550i for about a month back in 2008 and did lots of R&D. Unless you go header back, it's unlikely you'll make any power.

But hey...your opinion is your opinion. I have a 2008 535i which by the end of the year might be one of the most powerful on the planet-and you won't see a Quad Exhaust on my car.

Straight Dual baby. Dinan Axle Back along with Dr Euro Downpipes and she sounds damn good for a TT Inline 6. And this is before RB Turbos and Aquamist HSF-4-all coming soon.

Jay C
lol, have fun with those 'secondary cats' on a 550i...

yeah, and let's call up the rpi guy with the marketing agenda...

nice car tho. got a timeslip or some dyno sheets?
Old 06-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by west
lol, have fun with those 'secondary cats' on a 550i...

yeah, and let's call up the rpi guy with the marketing agenda...

nice car tho. got a timeslip or some dyno sheets?
My apologies. It's been a while since I was under a 550i.

You obviously aren't arguing with my point though? Dual with a fake Quad isn't what I was ever discussing.

Thanks. Cobb Pro Tune on July 16th. Then I'll provide Dyno's etc.

Peace

Jay C
Old 06-20-2013, 09:16 PM
Senior Members

My apologies. It's been a while since I was under a 550i.

You obviously aren't arguing with my point though? Dual with a fake Quad isn't what I was ever discussing.

Thanks. Cobb Pro Tune on July 16th. Then I'll provide Dyno's etc.

Peace

Jay C
No worries. I get my cars confused every now and then as well. Small mistake anyways and it wouldn't have provided much substance anyways so no big deal.

I'm not interested in arguing your "point" on this guys thread but I am willing to speak with you further over PM or in another thread if you prefer. Perhaps you can add a post to the "The truth about quad exhausts" thread on this forum.

I love all cars and am glad to see you guys pushing the 535i. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by west; 06-20-2013 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Downpipe - Finally…Affordable